You could do that in PoE with every class. Take the Bartender's Ring, pick Sanctifier and stuff and enchant your weapons or use the Redeemer.

Sure, a vessel/spirit hunter subclass for paladins or priests would be welcome, why not. Could even be an order of Eothas - the Redeemer (St. Ydwen = Avatar of Eothas) is also tied to him.

Please leave the lore as it is.

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You mean spirits I presume. Paladins can do nothing special when it comes to fighting vessels. Priests have their Holy Radiance.

So the perfect undead hunter might be a paladin/priest. :)

perfect undead hunter is a priest. period.  one can make an offensive focused priest in poe.  people rare do, which we find perplexing.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

perfect undead hunter is a priest. period.  one can make an offensive focused priest in poe.  people rare do, which we find perplexing.

I did (priest of Berath). It was fun in the early game. Mid to late game I was too busy casting to be able to do much fighting, plus the lack of martial talents made for an unsatisfactory combatant. Overall it was one of the less fun builds I tried.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I did (priest of Berath). It was fun in the early game. Mid to late game I was too busy casting to be able to do much fighting, plus the lack of martial talents made for an unsatisfactory combatant. Overall it was one of the less fun builds I tried.

why does casting preclude fighting?  the priest has a wide variety o' offensive spells, particular fire-based.  and the martial talents is equal available to priests as any other class.  

*shrug*

it took years, but check out the recent "most powerful class" threads.  the serious build folks finally came around and realized just how flexible and powerful is a priest.  the thing is, priests is so valuable at buffing we suspect most casual players never realize just how powerful a priest can be. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Undead are often the more boring monsters to fight because when there's such a strong stereotype, designers get lazy. Oh, slow shuffling zombies, oh, skeletons immune to slashing, boring, boring, boring. 

Please have some undead that have a modicum of thought invested into them. Don't want to fight 800 skeletons. 

it took years, but check out the recent "most powerful class" threads.  the serious build folks finally came around and realized just how flexible and powerful is a priest.  the thing is, priests is so valuable at buffing we suspect most casual players never realize just how powerful a priest can be. 

That's the problem right there. The priest was more valuable at buffing/countering than fighting, so he ended up doing little fighting despite being built for the job.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Priest is an offensive powerhouse. I totally agree. Shining Beacon + nealry 50 MIG wrecks everything (which is not immune to fire). But only later in the game. Maybe that's another reason why few people realize their offensive potential.

What is "undead" by the way? We should define the term. Undead = Vessels? Or vessels + spirits? Some spirits could be (banshees, spectres, phantoms, shadows, shades and the like) while others are not (blights for example).

Priest is the best vessel hunter (if we leave a barb with St. Ydwen's Redeemer aside) while paladin is the best spirit hunter. That's why I suggested Priest/Paladin as overall undead hunter. I mean if undead means that it died and came back.

Edited by Boeroer

That's the problem right there. The priest was more valuable at buffing/countering than fighting, so he ended up doing little fighting despite being built for the job.

well, that ain't a problem with the class.  like weapons? take sanctifier and ghost hunter talents and weapon focus _____ as well as the deity-specific weapon talent.  add a couple o' the other "martial" talents such as one-handed style and/or savage attacks as well as scion of flame. nobody is forcing pj to use the priest as a buffer.  use other support classes or a second priest to buff while your priest o' berath destroys the world with fire and maces or great swords.  is not a shortcoming o' the class that it is so good at buffing most people never realize how good it is at killing stuff... particularly undead.

HA! Good Fun!

ps most undead spirits have reduced resistance to flame, so your priest is gonna wipe the dungeon floor with them as long as you use flame spells and scion. as a dedicated spell caster, am doubting there will be much appeal to multiclass, save for perhaps 1-2 levels o'  whatever... at most 1-2 levels

Edited by Gromnir

I wasn't disputing that the combat priest wasn't effective. I just found that it wasn't as much fun.

That said, a two-priest party might be fun. PC frontline murderer, Durance as support/second-liner. I don't think I've tried that actually...

I wasn't disputing that the combat priest wasn't effective. I just found that it wasn't as much fun.

That said, a two-priest party might be fun. PC frontline murderer, Durance as support/second-liner. I don't think I've tried that actually...

yeah, Gromnir has pointed out many times, and in multiple threads, how it is easy for a party with a single priest to get caught in a kinda buff+buff+heal cycle o' boredom with their priest.  is not a problem with the class.  multiple priests solves the tendency to overlook the more interesting gameplay opportunities o' the class. 

the priest is powerful and, in our experience, fun.  'course this is one reason am a bit disappointed with the reduction to party of five members.  a multi-priest party is more viable with six than with five. 

HA! Good Fun!

Not sure if undead are that important part of Eora lore, they happen but are not that big deal.

Also some of priest/orders are already focused on protecting normal folks, so they may as well fight some vampires.

Subclasses could be more connected with the lore.

Inqusitor subclass sounds good, since many communities are not exited about animancers or mages.

We could also twist Wayfarers to be more witcher style, since most journey threats could be sum up as bandits or monsters (including undead).

Or we can start new order dedicated to protect frontline of civilisation against nohumanoid threats (fantasy racists)

Also we already have Paladin Orders and Priest Faith. Not sure if we should add subclass on top of that, or rather focus on making each order feel a bit more special.

On the other hand, at least for priest subclass: Battlepriest & Hermit, make sense and could fit.

Edited by evilcat