We all know that the maps are gonna look total BOSS, but seriously, just look at the graphics upgrade on Eder both face and equipment aswell. This looks really bloody good and is a big improvement from the first game! 

73041j.png

Furthermore, this guy looks really dope aswell!

2naoh0n.png

What do you guys think? :)

• Like 6

I agree 100%!

The graphics are so much better, judging by what we've been shown, and a lot of interesting combat and spell FX have much more oomph to them. Everything looks really promising. 

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

The improvement of the character models is a huge deal for me, as it will allow for more immersion in the story. I also really like how your clothes (and hair possibly?) will be blown around by the wind. Hopefully there are more options for character model customization when you create a new character as well (facial features, etc). 

• Like 1

So what specs do you need to run the game? Will linux still be supported?

Specs haven't been announced, but I doubt they're going to be much increased over Pillars 1; at worst you might have to turn off some fancy particle or lighting effects. Linux is listed as a supported platform.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

We all know that the maps are gonna look total BOSS, but seriously, just look at the graphics upgrade on Eder both face and equipment aswell. This looks really bloody good and is a big improvement from the first game! 

73041j.png

What do you guys think? :)

I have a question.. anyone seen the 3D model of Eder on fig? Why it look so different from the image on top? I much prefer the high quality 3D models instead.

So what specs do you need to run the game? Will linux still be supported?

Specs haven't been announced, but I doubt they're going to be much increased over Pillars 1; at worst you might have to turn off some fancy particle or lighting effects. Linux is listed as a supported platform.

Linux is supported, and Feargus said they are using new tech for the capes and it should work in Linux now. Just figured I'd add that little tidbit.

Edit: and the graphical facelift looks great!

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 1

So... how long do you reckon before there is the PoE version of BG Tutu?  (For those that don't know, tutu was a mod that ran BG1 in the BG2 engine).

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

So... how long do you reckon before there is the PoE version of BG Tutu?  (For those that don't know, tutu was a mod that ran BG1 in the BG2 engine).

Josh addressed this on SomethingAwful, and his answer looks like "a while." Seems like there's a lot of mechanical and under-the-hood changes, which would make running Pillars in the Pillars 2 engine... challenging.

(He might be underestimating the power of obsessive-compulsive modders though.)

• Like 2

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Josh addressed this on SomethingAwful, and his answer looks like "a while." Seems like there's a lot of mechanical and under-the-hood changes, which would make running Pillars in the Pillars 2 engine... challenging.

(He might be underestimating the power of obsessive-compulsive modders though.)

I like how it's already being discussed! :w00t:   I'm sure someone will crack it, they managed it with BG1 and 2 which had quite a few changes in basic mechanics itself I recall.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

I'm not sure if this was answered before. Basically there's a very high quality model of Eder in 3D on the figstarter page screenshot. Is that model going to be used in-game? I'm asking this because this model does not match the in-game comparison of Eder in PoE and PoE:Deadfire. The one that Eder is smoking with his pipe. So what  is this  highly 3D model of Eder for? Is it just for concept art?

PC requirements?

Indeed you're gonna be needing a pc to play the game...

This made me giggle more than it should.

• Like 1