She's neither male nor female. No judging here - just for your information. ;)

I think she's technically female, just not regarded as such by her culture due to being infertile. But I may be wrong.

Either way, it's fine with me. :v

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

A barren female is still female. It is a cultural artifact, a legal fiction basically, that categorizes all Godlike to be genderless in the Vaillian Republics, as they cannot sire or bear children. She is still female though, and is still perceived as female by people (most prominently by Maneha).

Godlike aren't genderless, just like a mule isn't genderless. Just incapable of procreation.

Edited by iscalio
  • Like 2

I think she's technically female, just not regarded as such by her culture due to being infertile. But I may be wrong.

No, you're correct.

Either way, it's fine with me. :v

Nope you're right. She wouldn't be considered a Woman in the Vailian Republics.

I'm not a big fan of having the relationships provide bonuses and items. But anyhow, sounds good enough for me and the video was hilarious.

I'm not a fan of the idea of relationships providing items.  If there is a bonus to be had, I think it needs to be a good/bad trade off so that its not something that the player will always want to have achieved (and thus can place more into the RPing of the character as opposed to metagaming).  Items tend to fall into "absolutely must use" or "useless, will sell for gold" and either way always something the player would want to have (therefore the player is incentivized to always try to achieve the item).

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Who do you have to date to get Carsomyr? :devil:

Cespenar :brows:

"Oooo... big weapon, this. You over-compensating, maybe?"

• Like 6

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Legally in her republics.

But just bz youre not fertile doesnt mean your not female or male.

A lot of people on earth are infertile.

But always still man or woman.

I'm not sure she'd find it productive or relevant to think about herself in those terms, though.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I'm not sure she'd find it productive or relevant to think about herself in those terms, though.
If SHE thinks or not. SHE is. ;) Edited by Leeuwenhart

If SHE thinks or not. SHE is. ;)

I don't think one's professed gender identity is irrelevant specifically in the context of a romance, even if you personally think that the dangling fleshy bits are all there is to the issue and everything else is fiction or delusion.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

If SHE thinks or not. SHE is. ;)

I don't think one's professed gender identity is irrelevant specifically in the context of a romance, even if you personally think that the dangling fleshy bits are all there is to the issue and everything else is fiction or delusion.

I tell my sheep the same thing

Hahaha that's a funny joke. NB people are the best.

Seriously though I read Pallegina as demi or perhaps agender. She (in the absence of Pallegina speaking up on pronouns, I'll gonna use the same ones the game uses) seems to wear femininity grudingly, like an old mask she's never bothered, or dared, to try taking off.

Seriously though I read Pallegina as demi or perhaps agender. She (in the absence of Pallegina speaking up on pronouns, I'll gonna use the same ones the game uses) seems to wear femininity grudingly, like an old mask she's never bothered, or dared, to try taking off.

Bz she is a woman in a brotherhood and its out of place in that day and age. Shes only inside that group on a technical loophole in their laws. Imagine how that feels. From the start her superiors talk about her as a someone going against the grain. Ofc she wants to cast her genderrole aside.

Btw whats NB ... im a non native speaker.

Edited by Leeuwenhart
  • Like 1

Video = hilarious.

I wonder if they'll take into account combat stats in relationships.  If Eder and Aloth have a high friendship, will Eder favor helping Aloth in combat either in the AI or through a minor bonus of some kind?

That is the sort of thing that actually makes me really excited about this feature. Mass Effect's strongest point by far was the character work with the characters that ran through all three games (Tali, Liara, Garrus) and that not only could they be mates (or more) with Shepard, but were with each other. Which was fraggin' awesome, I  would love to see that with Aloth and Eder (and my Watcher*) doing the whole "down to us mates to save the world again" thing.

I would, in fact, be TOTALLY down if the only romances were inter-companion ones that did not involve the Watcher at all (aside from the player perhaps steering through the right decisions). That way, actually, you could sidestep some of the complaints because you'd be setting it up to make sense for two specific characters, that could be more tightly focussed, as opposed to the more open-ended natur of involving the Watcher (who is going to be differnt for each player.)

*I didn't use Pallegina in my playthrough, aside from the points I swapped her in just long enough to do her quest.

Edited by Aotrs Commander

Bz she is a woman in a brotherhood and its out of place in that day and age. Shes only inside that group on a technical loophole in their laws. Imagine how that feels. From the start her superiors talk about her as a someone going against the grain. Ofc she wants to cast her genderrole aside.

It means nonbinary, a.k.a. someone who doesn't identify with the categorization of male or female. For example, Eddie Izzard, Elly Jackson, and Tilda Swinton

It means nonbinary, a.k.a. someone who doesn't identify with the categorization of male or female. For example, Eddie Izzard, Elly Jackson, and Tilda Swinton

Ok. So sex then.

Im talking biology here.

Not self image ;preference or mind.

Which is obvious.

We use race for species here too.

So excuse me for the wrong word.

Sex Sex Sex

(^_^)