Making the "Black Isle Bastards" come true! Crowd funding a pirate crew!

No idea - I don't even know if OBS would say yes to placing a backer inn on that Black Isle.

Ok, my questions got answered - and it turned out I wasn't that confused after all. Good to know. :)

All questions but one though: What's the name of the pirate ship supposed to be? I mean now it has to be something with "Black", doesn't it? ;) Wait... if you guys didn't think the Black Curl was funny, how about Black Bead?  :dancing: It's a reference to two "piraty" things in one name. Wowsa...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Question: Will the Black Isle be big enough in size to support both a pirate ship and an inn?

Answer: No, it will not.

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Updated my journal erhm I mean... I updated the opening post with an FAQ. If you think something is missing let me know!

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I actually really love the idea of the pirate crew being analogues of old Black Isle NPCs. I also like the idea of them being literal bastards of nobility too.

• Like 2

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Okay guys, now is the time to decide on two things:

1.) What do we do with the donated money if we do not reach the 5000$ ?

A) Refund

B) Going for a lesser Fig tier

C) Give the money to Obsidian anyway and ask them to spend it on enhancing the Black Isle

2.) What do we do with the other rewards in the "Build a Pirate Party" tier?

A) Pass up on it

B) They go to the most generous donator

C) Split them up among the most generous donators

D) Distribute them between all donators of this cause via lottery

In FAQ question 6 you said: "I have already pledged for the “Black Isle Bastards” add-on on the Fig campaign . . .".

I went to the fig page, my account and "edit my pledge", but I did not find where I can select this. Where can I join the order?

I pledged 99$ and I would be part of a a pirate order and help you to get your pirate crew if possible.

• Like 1

Speaking for myself of course,

1: refund seems pointless and a lot of work potentially? I think that it just needs to be made clear that there won't be a refund if we don't make the required sum.

2: going for a lesser tier seems a good idea, however if there is nothing appropriate then I'd say just give the money to Obs anyway.

Depending on the sum though it would be nice if there is some recognition of the donors, maybe a unique forum badge? (Specifically referring to not making enough to cover 5000$ or finding a suitable Fig tier and donating the money to Obs)

3: Regarding the rewards, if someone has put in a substantial amount more than anyone else then they should get the rewards. Only fair. If there are a few donors who put in more than anyone else then they should decide between themselves.

However to avoid any potential unpleasantness the rules are going to have to be clear.

I would put it in bold writing myself that any donation is just a donation. There should be no expectation of getting the rewards regardless of your pledge, and that there won't be a refund. Later, if it turns out that there rewards for certain donors that would be a bonus.

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

In FAQ question 6 you said: "I have already pledged for the “Black Isle Bastards” add-on on the Fig campaign . . .".

I went to the fig page, my account and "edit my pledge", but I did not find where I can select this. Where can I join the order?

I pledged 99$ and I would be part of a a pirate order and help you to get your pirate crew if possible.

Hmm seems they haven't enabled this yet. I will adjust the question accordingly. Thanks for your support!

1: refund seems pointless and a lot of work potentially? I think that it just needs to be made clear that there won't be a refund if we don't make the required sum.

2: going for a lesser tier seems a good idea, however if there is nothing appropriate then I'd say just give the money to Obs anyway.

Depending on the sum though it would be nice if there is some recognition of the donors, maybe a unique forum badge? (Specifically referring to not making enough to cover 5000$ or finding a suitable Fig tier and donating the money to Obs)

3: Regarding the rewards, if someone has put in a substantial amount more than anyone else then they should get the rewards. Only fair. If there are a few donors who put in more than anyone else then they should decide between themselves.

However to avoid any potential unpleasantness the rules are going to have to be clear.

I would put it in bold writing myself that any donation is just a donation. There should be no expectation of getting the rewards regardless of your pledge, and that there won't be a refund. Later, if it turns out that there rewards for certain donors that would be a bonus.

I agree with this.

• Like 2

I agree with this.

Yup!
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hey, maybe if we raise more than enough, we could also try to get the "Create a Super-Pet" Tier, for the isle. Who wouldnt want a pet modron or limlim?

That is not how "Create a Super Pet" works though. You can only choose from the creatures that are already in the game and make a pet version out of them.

​That is not how "Create a Super Pet" works though. You can only choose from the creatures that are already in the game and make a pet version out of them.

​Xuarip it is.

Pet ooze to be carried in my handkerchief? ... .. . Oh wait, Kana just sneezed.  Hey, Kana, stop borrowing my handkerchief!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I could chip in 25$ in order to help reach the total of $5000.

As for the questions below:

B

B

Okay guys, now is the time to decide on two things:

1.) What do we do with the donated money if we do not reach the 5000$ ?

A) Refund

B) Going for a lesser Fig tier

C) Give the money to Obsidian anyway and ask them to spend it on enhancing the Black Isle

2.) What do we do with the other rewards in the "Build a Pirate Party" tier?

A) Pass up on it

B) They go to the most generous donator

C) Split them up among the most generous donators

D) Distribute them between all donators of this cause via lottery

• 1 month later...