No unique battle-axes until Act 3/late game? Why? Show axes some love...

Well I feel axes really don't get the love they deserve in this game, and yes I am biased. :) It's all about sabres and warhammers and stats and stuff... :( I play as a barbarian dual-wielding dwarf, I'd love to use two axes, also, they should have slashing and crushing damage in my opinion. But even one unique axe somewhere early in the game would be fine. Well, I get some axes worth my time eventually, but during more than the first half of the game, the only battle-axes available are the generic ones and also one from the CRPG club. Until you reach the Act 3 areas and really really far down the Endless Paths, you can't enjoy the glory of chopping enemies to pieces with your axe(s). I feel castrated. :/

• Like 1

Rimecutter from Azurro has speed, which is one of the best enchantments. But you can't force its appearance. But you can even buy it multiple times.

Wodewys is a great axe for a barbarian, especially for mountain dwarf barbs. The perfect partner for We Toki.

You'll find it in the foundry of Durgan's Battery - so not too early I must say.

It's true: no early unique battle axes. But the one from Vincent Dwellier is not too bad. An early exceptional axe is a good thing.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well in my current run, I got Edge of Reason first. I might dive into the expansion areas before continuing to Act 3, we'll see. I haven't done Dyrford yet and I haven't chosen one of the 3 factions' 2nd quests, but yeah, I know there are no axes there either, haha. But before all that, I have to test my new axe on a certain dragon...

Oh and... WHERE THE HELL IS AZZURO ALREADY!?!?!? :banghead:

Edited by 613 The Evil

Yeah the gentlemans club is great, there are some really good early weapons there. And they look pretty cool. But the hammers and axes are not stricly unique, they are "merely" exceptional weapons with a different but quite cool look. Still, I say merely exceptional but its nothing to sneeze at getting them so early. At least axes have some options ingame, my poor dwarf barbarian constantly struggles with an inferiority complex - not being able to find a halfway decent pollax for pretty much the entire game is pretty darn depressing for him.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

The pollaxe from the Club of RPG (Spectacular Spetum) is not bad at all. But it's not that great for a barb. More for a fighter with Overbearing Guard or a paladin with Coordinated Attacks.

The CRPG has some really nice hidden treasures, like the Vile Loner's Lance and the Sword of Daenysis.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods