Josh Sawyer Something Awful PoE2 Posts

^When I read that, Thundercat was my first thought!

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Always thought there should be Druid feat: Your shapeshiftinga bility is now modal, but you cant cast spell in that form.

Completely agree, and if there's going to be a spiritshifting focused Druid subclass that seems to be the obvious distinguishing feature to give it (along with talents that improve spiritshifting that aren't available to other Druid subclasses of couse).

Completely agree, and if there's going to be a spiritshifting focused Druid subclass that seems to be the obvious distinguishing feature to give it (along with talents that improve spiritshifting that aren't available to other Druid subclasses of couse).

Completely disagree.

Druid is interresting because you have 15 seconds with transformation.

If you skip spells and you have only that : I prefer widely a barbarian. Constant and AoE.

The druid class is very subtle. He is a conditional warrior AND a spellcaster.

No, he must stay with his concept. BUT, indeed, increase one or other side of its possibilities.

Shapeshifter ? Transfo more powerful.
Master of the elements ? Spells more accurate and powerful.
Edited by theBalthazar

If you skip spells and you have only that : I prefer widely a barbarian. Constant and AoE.

The druid class is very subtle. He is a conditional warrior AND a spellcaster.

No, he must stay with his concept. BUT, indeed, increase one or other side of its possibilities.

Shapeshifter ? Transfo more powerful.
Master of the elements ? Spells more accurate and powerful.

You're not skipping spells though, you're just disabling them whilst spiritshift is on. You can always turn it off and use spells.

In fact this makes playing a druid significantly more tactical since, unlike the current system, you can't simply switch on spiritshift AND cast spells: you'll have to judge exactly how much time you want to spend casting spells before switching to you spiritshift form, and also consider whether there are circumstances under which you want to switch back and cast more spells.

The main reason I favour this change though, is that at the moment being a druid who focuses on spiritshift just doesn't feel fun. Sure, there are ridiculously powerful builds that make use of spiritshift, but even with Gyrd Háewanes Sténes you are going to spend less than half of most tougher battles in your spiritshifted form.

• Like 4

Iirc there was "create an inn" option on Fig.

Sitting at Valhalla Crossing... ordering Asgard fries with Mimir's ale; and your chanter singing about the last battle. 

Yes, it's more immersive, than eating all your food, right in dragon's lair.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Will we then also be able to purchase foods and dine in at the inns as well?

Looks like it.

But that also mean no more cookies in my inventory :( I might not eat them, but I found that funny to have cookies in my inventory.

• Like 3

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I like this system.

MMM = Minor Missile of minoletta.

At the start = 3 missiles ? And with levels, there is a progression like NWN. (All x power levels, +1 missile)

So, there is a progression on low-level spells. It is a very good idea.

G.G. Sawyer.

My choice is done = Pure wizard : p

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1