What does the Deadfire team think about monk specific unarmed animations?

I love the monk class, half the characters I rolled in Pillars of Eternity were monks.

One thing I always wished was in that first game was for an unarmed attack animation with a martial arts flair for the monk class. It's how I always image monks, ascetics who practice their moves over and over again until they are second nature to them. In Pillars they feel more like pub brawlers, just swinging both fists over and over.

Would other monk players like to see this? Is this a good thing to include in the stretch goals? What does the Deadfire team think?

Edited by Mygaffer
  • Like 7

One thing I always wished was in that first game was for an unarmed attack animation with a martial arts flair for the monk class.

Would other monk players like to see this? Is this a good thing to include in the stretch goals? What does the Deadfire team think?

Yes. I think it would be great to have it, if it isn't a ridiculous amount of work.

One of the very few decent things about Tyranny are the unique animations for unarmed combat, including some really unexpected ones like a leg swipe or an actual uppercut like straight out of Streetfighter.

Don't see why those animations shouldn't make their way into POE II too.

I REALLY hope they also carry over the animation when a character is critically hit and explodes into bloody chunks. Definitely superior to the rather underwhelming and unbloody one in POE.

It would be awesome - traditionally animations are very resource-costly, and is the primary restriction for things like playable monster races, but whatever they can squeeze in would make a difference.

• Like 1