Must. Get. Talking. Weapon. (and Ydwin. We must get Ydwin.)

Great update :D

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Ydwin needs to happen, really like the concept art of her and an Animancer companion is something I thought the last game should have had.

The talking sword in BG was funny but I didn't use it for very long, don't really care about that stretch goal. Still it's a step closer to a cool animancer/harry potter elf. 8)

Anyway we're about to hit thye next goal. :p

Edited by Mikeymoonshine
  • Like 4

Hopefully all these language options allow them to make more from post-release sales. I feel basically the hardcore fans put up all the money upfront but aren't really around after release. So getting exposure to more markets is important to keep this series rolling.

I'd rather have Ydwin than extra ship content.

Obsids, swap 'em with me ;)

Kind of agree. But Ydwin is the ultimate carrot on the stick right now.

Edited by injurai
  • Like 3

To be fair a companion is a lot of writing/V.O and there is going to be more of all of that for the companions in this game than in the last so I can see why it's the last goal.

Still, Tyranny got a lot of criticism for only having six companions and POE got a bit for only having eight. If the game launches with less companions than the last it may get some flack for that from critics. Maybe sidekicks will help a bit with that though. I didn't think 8 companions was that bad considering they had a lot more writing than any of the companions really did in the BG games.

Edited by Mikeymoonshine

I don't think we will be using ship content all the time, it will be intermittent and passive like the stronghold. But if you did keep Ydwin in your party any individual literally would be using them all the time.

I hope it will be more content based and less mechanical in this game than the stronghold originally was (before they added the Yenwood Field content). And you will be sailing around so maybe it is more of a presence in gameplay.

Are talking swords a fetish? I am not aware of such things. My virgin ears hear not disembodied voices.

Some talking swords can get really dirty when used.

"Yes, yes... grab my handle... feel it. Now put them forward... harder....harder... i want all that moisty flesh..."

That opens all new kind of dungeon.

*sees Ydwin's concept art*

Ahem, why, uhh, hello there...

How many souls do I have to feed Woedica to raise $5Mil? And to make her queer?

My main character (human dissident male from Old Vailia) will want to discuss a HAEMNEG with her.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Are talking swords a fetish? I am not aware of such things. My virgin ears hear not disembodied voices.

"Yes, yes... grab my handle... feel it. Now put them forward... harder....harder... i want all that moisty flesh..."

what about a talking scabbard

(nsfw text)

• Like 10

Like a flesh dungeon. We get swallowed by a whale and find a sword that has been logged in it's innards. From prolonged presence in a living creature it has become accustomed to the taste of flesh, it's proper sheath, for which it hungers to return to.

It's a trap. You get Ydwin right before the final boss

alternative:  first tavern visited and she tries to order a beer. gets a mclovin.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Flesh Dungeon.

Dun dun.