Pure math? Or other areas of application?

Pure. Number theory to be precise.

Do you invent math or discover it :p

Hah! Well I tend to think the latter. I just liked the sound of "invent maths" as a silly way of describing what I do. That said, there's a nonzero chance that anything I do is wrong, in which case you might describe it as inventing maths.

In other news, the campaign just finished and they cleared 400%. Not bad eh?

500k+ to clear. Easy Peasy.

Im learning about set theory and axiom of choice now. Im a layman so dont get any fancy ideas haha. Wikis are just soo damn interesting sometimes you learn sh*t youll never need hahaha

Set theory? Bah!

Type Theory is where its at!

Pure math? Or other areas of application?

Pure. Number theory to be precise.

Do you invent math or discover it :p

Hah! Well I tend to think the latter. I just liked the sound of "invent maths" as a silly way of describing what I do. That said, there's a nonzero chance that anything I do is wrong, in which case you might describe it as inventing maths.

In other news, the campaign just finished and they cleared 400%. Not bad eh?

500k+ to clear. Easy Peasy.

Im learning about set theory and axiom of choice now. Im a layman so dont get any fancy ideas haha. Wikis are just soo damn interesting sometimes you learn sh*t youll never need hahaha

Set theory? Bah!

Type Theory is where its at!

I got a set for you right here buddy.

XD

Last time paypal added a small 200k

Not enough!

But thats excluding upgrades by backers and slackerbackers who pay with credit cards...

Those should count 400k then.

Lets hope.

In the stream, Sawyer mentioned that paypal had already raised 15k in 3 hours

• Like 1

Not enough!

But thats excluding upgrades by backers and slackerbackers who pay with credit cards...

Lets hope.

Its not the fall that counts... its the landing ;)

Not enough!

Lets hope.

Whew lad

I kind of having a mixed feeling now. Setting is so much different and major focus is on naval, ships, pirates and stretch goals for fishing?!

Worried that its turning into Pirate Simulator 2018? ;) Don't worry, despite all the naval stuff, I think we're still going to spend most of the game with our feet on dry land.

• Like 5

I kind of having a mixed feeling now. Setting is so much different and major focus is on naval, ships, pirates and stretch goals for fishing?!

Worried that its turning into Pirate Simulator 2018? ;) Don't worry, despite all the naval stuff, I think we're still going to spend most of the game with our feet on dry land.

It makes you wonder whether they haven't already finished a lot of the content on land, with the exception of the islands Fulvano discovered. And, whether they're not going to spend the rest of their time implementing the stretch goals' content and polishing the game.

Not sure if I got this correct? The ship was a stretch goal. The crew is another stretch goal? If so that is insane and really an abuse of crowd funding. Really the ship should come with a crew. And no, don't tell me it's expensive. It definitely could and should be added with the original goal.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

The ship wasn't a stretch goal, it was in no matter what. It's supposed to replace the stronghold. The crew is a stretch goal. Originally they said your companions/sidekicks/adventurers would be your crew. I don't know if they meant by that that no-one else would be on the ship but there definitely wasn't a crew management system where you could hire and level up your crew. That's the stretch goal. The ship works without it but it adds another layer of complexity and makes it more fleshed out and interesting. There's nothing wrong with how they did it. Crew management is fully in the "nice to have but not essential" category that stretch goals are best used for.

• Like 7

Not sure if I got this correct? The ship was a stretch goal. The crew is another stretch goal? If so that is insane and really an abuse of crowd funding. Really the ship should come with a crew. And no, don't tell me it's expensive. It definitely could and should be added with the original goal.

The ship wasn't a stretch goal. More ships were a stretch goal but there was always going to be a ship.

• Like 6

Adding a crew and having interactions play out with them is a cool distraction from the main game, but fishing for sea monsters? Ambivalent about that one.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It makes you wonder whether they haven't already finished a lot of the content on land, with the exception of the islands Fulvano discovered. And, whether they're not going to spend the rest of their time implementing the stretch goals' content and polishing the game.

Based on the material they've so far released I'd reckon they haven't. Still a way to go however.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I feel like they budgeted for specific things they really wanted to put in the game and all those things were funded, these last few goals are just steps along the way to Ydwin. 

The ultimate unachievable goal. Taunting us. 

I have come to terms with 7 companions at this point. I don't see that they get $600,000 in extra money before they need to lock down features, at which point it's too late for an 8th.

Edited by CottonWolf

Originally your companions (both in and out of party) were going to act as crew. I'm also not too big on that stretch goal, but essentially what they're proposing here is more an expanded crew than an actual crew.

Also I reckon that with the first campaign they underestimated the work they'd be able to put into some of the stretchgoals they promised, and that maybe caused them to lowball them this time around. And considering the difference in circumstances between the first and second campaigns with regards to the state of Obsidian and so on, perhaps they also weren't so dependent on their crowdfunding success this time around and didn't want to leave the cooler things up to whether they'd get to that stretch goal or not. But these are pretty wide and largely baseless conjectures so ignore me. :p

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I feel like they budgeted for specific things they really wanted to put in the game and all those things were funded, these last few goals are just steps along the way to Ydwin. 

The ultimate unachievable goal. Taunting us. 

I have come to terms with 7 companions at this point. I don't see that they get $600,000 in extra money before they need to lock down features, at which point it's too late for an 8th.

i'll try not to get my hopes up too much, it could happen tho.  :luck:

I liked the fishing for monsters and crew goals a lot more than many of the previous stretchgoals.  Improved VO, portraits, intelligent weapons, and relationships all range from a meh to will actively make the game worse.  I would not be surprised if the crew made it in anyways.  It will obviously improve the game.  Maybe monsterfishing can come as a dlc.