I'm more concerned about the 4.5mil one than the 5mil one anyways, though, I suppose more money to Obsidian preferable than less. Still, can't say I found it a draw personally. I had more actual curiosity aimed at the unknown 4.75 stretch goal than the known one at 5. Mostly I'm just happy they're bringing in even this much money.

Hopefully they'll handle it its development and release as well as PoE1. I know some people were a bit disappointed with PoE1, but, personally, I just found it timely and decently well thought out. Some games Kickstarted before, or around, that time aren't even out yet, or are in 'pre-release' or have cut out features or cut out stretch goals they met, or combinations thereof. A great deal of my happiness with PoE had to do with Obsidian's expedient development cycle and passably stable release (personal experience being what it is). I appreciate and respect a developer that has a plan, sticks to it, and delivers a stable and fun product in a timely manner.

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice

You'll all be happy to know that: 

1) Fulvano's journey is at an end. (And I believe the Reddit AMA said they're spread out all over the Deadfire, not clustered as they look on the map. 

2) He goes to the Eastern Reach. So it might just have been his body we found after all. 

Eh, there were, inevitably, going to goals we couldn't reach. Fig's timeframe, would be contributors and money itself is limited, after all. If not these things, then other things.

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice

If we don't get sea monsters, the main poster of a game will be a waste, because there is no Kraken in a basic game.

It says the stretch goal adds new sea monsters, I think there will be some in the game already. Dunno about a Krakens tho, that is listed as one of the monsters but maybe it's specifically the yellow kraken that will be added and there are already Krakens in the game.

• Like 1

They confirmed that we'll encounter sea monsters before they introduced this stretch goal, so I doubt their inclusion will be dependent on reaching it. From what I read, this stretch goal seems to have more to do with using your ship to fish for these monsters and getting associated loot/benefits from doing so.

• Like 2

Fulvano quite explicitly runs into a sea monster at the end of his voyage as well. I can't imagine they'd have us retrace his steps without also letting us encounter the same creature. All of the quests in POE that hinted at mysterious monsters came with a payoff, and I imagine they know that to do otherwise would frustrate a lot of players.

• Like 1

Fishing!? Seriously!? *cough*finalfantasyXV*cough* I just don't think we need that...

A fishing type of minigame doesn't particularly thrill me either, but maybe it's more along the lines of setting lures and traps to trigger encounters. Basically bounties for sea monsters.

Fishing!? Seriously!? *cough*finalfantasyXV*cough* I just don't think we need that...

A fishing type of minigame doesn't particularly thrill me either, but maybe it's more along the lines of setting lures and traps to trigger encounters. Basically bounties for sea monsters.

They say it provides rest bonuses (+1 relaxation for spending the night fishing), gives you more recipes, and triggers scripted interactions (Eder: "Hey Watcher, anything biting?").

Colour me "meh".

EDIT: Sorry, and you can fish out rare gear ("Just an old pair o... OMG, Fulvano's boots!")

Edited by Heijoushin