Still missing about 380k from investment funds if they hit the 2.25mm cap.

This time around I believe there are going to be more PayPal backers than with PoE 1; many cannot, or do not want, to pledge on Fig.

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

On Fig someone doubted that we'd reach 5m and emoney from Obsidian replied with "Don't be so sure. A little birdy told me we have something up our sleeve yet." Not sure what to make of it - perhaps they're going to raise the cap on Fig Funds again or something?

I'd love to be wrong

every time we see folks posting 'bout the surplus o' investor funds still available, we cannot help but hear springtime for hitler playing in our head.

perhaps too obscure a reference?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

IIRC, PayPal accounted for roughly 4,000 backers and about $120K for Eternity. I don't remember where I got the $ figures.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

well, shady should be happy.  happier. intelligent soulbound at $4.25... though not a companion.

oh, and glasses-girl for the 8th companion is silly.  got no problem with her wearing glasses, but doing so while wielding a sword is ridiculous. no doubt is shatterproof adra lenses.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

well, shady should be happy. happier. intelligent soulbound at $4.25... though not a companion.

oh, and glasses-girl for the 8th companion is silly. got no problem with her wearing glasses, but doing so while wielding a sword is ridiculous. no doubt is shatterproof adra lenses.

HA! Good Fun!

Why? Do you always plan to get hit in the face when starting a fighting? You need to work on your dodging skills. ;)

Her glasses are not sillier than Munacra Arret or Lavender Wreath in my opinion.

Maybe they are just optical instruments that help finding that superduper adra stuff everybody's so exited about.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

well, shady should be happy. happier. intelligent soulbound at $4.25... though not a companion.

oh, and glasses-girl for the 8th companion is silly. got no problem with her wearing glasses, but doing so while wielding a sword is ridiculous. no doubt is shatterproof adra lenses.

HA! Good Fun!

Why? Do you always plan to get hit in the face when starting a fighting? You need to work on your dodging skills. ;)

ain't been in many fights, eh? yeah, we assume we is gonna get hit in the face even if we work very hard not to.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOcxnQRUhMM

josh is a sabre fighter, yes?  ask him if he would forgo headgear in competition, much less wear real glasses in actual combat.

HA! Good Fun!

well, shady should be happy.  happier. intelligent soulbound at $4.25... though not a companion.

oh, and glasses-girl for the 8th companion is silly.  got no problem with her wearing glasses, but doing so while wielding a sword is ridiculous. no doubt is shatterproof adra lenses.

HA! Good Fun!

Personally I would get rid of the glasses, or replace it for something more interesting, like a monocle. All the same I like the central concept for the character - let's see how it progresses!

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

On Fig someone doubted that we'd reach 5m and emoney from Obsidian replied with "Don't be so sure. A little birdy told me we have something up our sleeve yet." Not sure what to make of it - perhaps they're going to raise the cap on Fig Funds again or something?

I saw that as well.  It did make me wonder what's still coming.  Do they have additional announcements that will draw funds?  New add-ons to drive incremental pledges?  I look forward to the next 29 hours.

As far as Fig investments go, I can still click on the "Invest" button (I couldn't when the investing was closed due to $2M cap being made).  I don't know what to make of that.  Some people are saying on FIg that the $2.5M cap was met - yet we can still Invest.  Seems strange to me. 

HA! Good Fun!

She does feel a little Deviant-Arty. All the same I like the central concept for the character - let's see how it progresses!

To reach 5.0m they are going to have to tap new demographics. Hopefully their AMA tomorrow really helps.

I saw that as well.  It did make me wonder what's still coming.  Do they have additional announcements that will draw funds?  New add-ons to drive incremental pledges?  I look forward to the next 29 hours.

As far as Fig investments go, I can still click on the "Invest" button (I couldn't when the investing was closed due to $2M cap being made).  I don't know what to make of that.  Some people are saying on FIg that the $2.5M cap was met - yet we can still Invest.  Seems strange to me. 

I was able to click on Invest when the 2m message was up, weird. Either way, they can't collect investments right now (legal reasons), so those are all just investment reservations, i.e. promises to buy the shares once they're available. Some people won't keep this promise, so they're allowing registrations for a back-up list. This is also one reason why Fig Funds need to be capped, otherwise we could reach, say, a 5.5m goal only to later learn that there's only really 4.5m to spend.