Looks like we hit 3 mil. Now can we get a dwarf companion?

If we don't get a dwarf as a full companion, there may be a fire comin'...

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Next destination at 28,000 backers!

After leaving Dunnage for the 3rd time, Fulvano set sail to the Skull Island one more time to triple check if he didn't miss anything the last time he was there. Fortune smiled to Fulvano as it turned out that there was in fact an endemic creature living on said Island that he didn't observe before. Thus seagulia fulvani was discovered! Ofc that creature was a bird, it wasn't endemic, and it just chillaxed on the Island before continuing its flight to somewhere else.

Next destination at 29,500 backers!

:D

The bird took off and Fulvano decided to follow it, dreaming of the new exotic and unkown places it'll lead him. The bird flew back to Dunnage, though, and directly into the house of a well known pirate. Fulvano asked him were did he find the bird. "To a mysterious island to the south" he replied and gave some discription/directions to Fulvano who left excited, although he should know by now that the island south is most probably the skull-faced island.

Dext destination at 31,000 backers!

• Like 4

The bird took off and Fulvano decided to follow it, dreaming of the new exotic and unkown places it'll lead him. The bird flew back to Dunnage, though, and directly into the house of a well known pirate. Fulvano asked him were did he find the bird. "To a mysterious island to the south" he replied and gave some discription/directions to Fulvano who left excited, although he should know by now that the island south is most probably the skull-faced island.

Fulvano decided that he should immediately depart from Dunnage, but after giving it much thought he considered that the mysterious island to the south must be the one he already visited, like 3 times. Determined to actually discover something new he stealthly came back and skulked about at the well known pirate's house for a little longer. There he stumbled upon a hidden passageway behind a wardrobe. The corridor led to a mysterious path, leading deeper and further undergound. Little did Fulvano know, that the exit is on the other side of the canal, right in the middle of the Skull Islands' left eye-socket. Dunnage-Skull passageway unlocked, you can travel between Fulvano's discoveries by foot.

Next destination at 32,500 backers!

• Like 4

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Fulvano decided that he should immediately depart from Dunnage, but after giving it much thought he considered that the mysterious island to the south must be the one he already visited, like 3 times. Determined to actually discover something new he stealthly came back and skulked about at the well known pirate's house for a little longer. There he stumbled upon a hidden passageway behind a wardrobe. The corridor led to a mysterious path, leading deeper and further undergound. Little did Fulvano know, that the exit is on the other side of the canal, right in the middle of the Skull Islands' left eye-socket. Dunnage-Skull passageway unlocked, you can travel between Fulvano's discoveries by foot.

rofl!

Edited by Sedrefilos

Fulvano didn't give up. He went back into the tunnel, determined to find something new on the first island, but halfway through he tripped on a homeless person (Fulvano only now noticed how populated this 'secret' passage was), and fell onto the ground. He tried to prop himself on the wall while getting up, but he found only empty space there, and so he fell again. After finally getting back on his feet he examined the unexpected lack of wall, and discovered that there was a secret passage within the secret passage!

Three weeks later Fulvano was hungry. And thirsty, and tired, and smelly, and many other things. His supplies had ran out on the eight day of his expedition into the secret-secret tunnel. Or was it the ninth day? There was no way to track time down there. He had to eat fungi and slugs, and drink what he hoped was really water. But he was too far in to go back, so he'd keep pushing on, until he either found a way out, or perished like all those people to whom he gave his clothes over the years.

His efforts were rewarded – there was a light, at last, ahead of him! Fulvano rushed towards it, ran past the exit of the tunnel, and almost fell to his death. There was an enormous crater in front of him, the bottom of which he couldn't even see.

Fulvano has discovered a twice-secret passage into Caed Nua!

Next destination at 34,000 backers!

• Like 5

I bet Fulvano will make an u-turn yet again and found a secret passageway within a secret passageway and leads to a mysterious underwater island just beneath Dunnage!.. at this rate probably be keep discovering new sections just within these 2 islands!

Edited by Archaven
  • Like 1

I bet Fulvano will make an u-turn yet again and found a secret passageway within a secret passageway and leads to a mysterious underwater island just beneath Dunnage!.. at this rate probably be keep discovering new sections just within these 2 islands!

An island in an island on an exploration of an exploration...

Pillarception.

Tun Tun.

Fulvano Wept.

That poor sod probably is the most incompetent person on the entire Eora.

Don't you mean "was" the most incompetent?

I am pretty sure you found his corpse in Eternity 1.

I'm unclear on that. Wasn't it just a guy with his stuff on him? I might be mistaken tho. :)

I'm not sure at the moment. For some time I thought that you found his body, but some say all the bodies are of people who only met him.

WIKI (although might be wrong) says:

Though Fulvano himself is nowhere to be found in the game, plenty of evidence of his travels can be found, 

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Fulvano

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Fulvano Wept.

That poor sod probably is the most incompetent person on the entire Eora.

It had been discussed a couple pages ago, but Fulvano is well alive. He just has a lot of travel companions and keeps giving them his clothes. Very generous fellow. Also he may be cursed, since his travel companions keep dying untimely deaths. 

• Like 3

Isn't Fulvano like PoE's version of Volo? I hope we meet him in the second game, so he can tell us stufff and we can steal an aquamarine gem from him. :>

I suppose if we move between lighthouse-island and skullface-island regularily will come across him as he's going back and forth "exploring" them :p

• Like 2

While we have more in the way of stretch goals and -- only a few days left to achieve them! -- we'll save them (and a big announcement about a really important, super cool, and heretofore extremely hush-hush game feature) for our next update, which will be coming very soon. For now, we'll keep it brief and just say thanks. 

What is that supposed to be? Can't be stronghold, since that was obviously not held "hush-hush". Otherwise I got no ideas.