Honest truth, I apparently misunderstood the journals and thought Fulvano was that corpse you found in Anslog's Compass that got killed by Xaurips. So I was really confused by "Fulvano's Voyage" being this game's big epic-mega-quest. I thought he was a one-off joke character.

He kinda was - apparently everybody he travelled with met an unfortunate end - but left behind 'Fulvano's useful trinket' of one kind or another.

Edit: His letters (or pages from his journal, dunno) were found on a bunch of corpses / other places.  I also thought he was one such corpse at one point but further discovery led me to believe these were just his travelling companions / people he'd met along the way and sent off with his boots of reflex and good wishes.

Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Just in case anyone else misunderstood, apparently that corpse was just a guy that traveled with him. Fulvano had a habit of splitting up with people in his adventuring party and giving them pieces of his clothes when they go. A pair of gloves to you, a pair of boots to you...

He arrived in Rauatai stark naked and the king had him executed on sight. And so ends the voyage of Fulvano.

• Like 4

I know the game will get a big jump near the end.  But right now it seems dead, even deader than normal for a campaign.

​Well it does slow down towards the end, additionally so on weekends. I'm guessing their will be a moderate push in the final two days. Especially the last day.

I know the game will get a big jump near the end.  But right now it seems dead, even deader than normal for a campaign.

I sincerely hope so. I'm still wishing for miracles. Miracles that 50K backers came back and Obsidian will start trembling.. as they do not know how many islands they gotta add XD.. basic maths tells me they gotta start unlocking 33.33 islands :D

Edited by Archaven

Yeah, that was almost $200,000 all at once. Presumably they wanted to guarantee relationships by the time of the next update so they could announce a stronghold related goal tomorrow?

Just as a reminder, us obsidianites have tomorrow off! I am not part of the update crew and I can't say for sure but I suspect a stretch goal update would not be as timely as usual.

• Like 1

Yeah, that was almost $200,000 all at once. Presumably they wanted to guarantee relationships by the time of the next update so they could announce a stronghold related goal tomorrow?

Just as a reminder, us obsidianites have tomorrow off! I am not part of the update crew and I can't say for sure but I suspect a stretch goal update would not be as timely as usual.

Reading jobforums on your day off haha!

That's the spirit!

First time Fig Funds are higher than pledges for this campaign. Quite surprised Fig Funds were processed / added on a weekend. Pleasantly surprised, that is.

Here's to hoping this final week brings us many more stretch goals, including the 8th companion and perhaps MOAR portraits and MOAR reactivity :)

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Looks like we hit 3 mil. Now can we get a dwarf companion?

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"Of course I will!" shout Fulvano with his explorerness re-pumped. And he set sail to "explore" the unexplored skull-faced island and bring its dungeon treasures to his just-made pirate friends - who formed a backstabbing grin as he walked towards the door.

Wait, so you think that Fulvano will get back to the first island once again? :biggrin: 

What he said.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

we need another $250,000 for a dwarf side-kick. ... ... I'll look down the back of the sofa, you check the pockets of the winter coats.

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

"Of course I will!" shout Fulvano with his explorerness re-pumped. And he set sail to "explore" the unexplored skull-faced island and bring its dungeon treasures to his just-made pirate friends - who formed a backstabbing grin as he walked towards the door.

Wait, so you think that Fulvano will get back to the first island once again? :biggrin:

Of course he will! What kind of great explorer would have been he if he didn't got back and explore what he can do with the treasures he'd share with his new buddies?

Next step to Fulvano's voyage: Fulvano's little dock. After he looted the empty dungeon of skull-faced island of its rusty pirate swords, he returned to lighthouse-island to solve his confusion about wether there was no treasure or these rusty swords were more that met the eye. His newly-befriendied tavern fellows should know. By accident, though, he missed the Dunnage harbour and landed on small bay on the other side of the island. He decided that it was unexplored since then, tied his boat somewere around and named it Fulvano's Little Dock. Then walked all the way over the mountain (which he named Fulvano Peek - unaware thet the mountain already had a name) and, after a couple of weeks, he reached Dunnage, exhausted and starving.

Next destination at 28,000 backers!

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 3

You think? There's still nearly a million dollar of reserved investments in the pipeline which are on a waiting list. I don't know if OBS will accept those but they could easily reach 3.5 million with it if they do.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You think? There's still nearly a million dollar of reserved investments in the pipeline which are on a waiting list. I don't know if OBS will accept those but they could easily reach 3.5 million with it if they do.

Yeah I still don't understand how this works. Hope you're right and more goodies are squeezed into the game. Untill it's officially announced, though, I must stick with the number shown on Fig.

• Like 3

Next destination at 28,000 backers!

After leaving Dunnage for the 3rd time, Fulvano set sail to the Skull Island one more time to triple check if he didn't miss anything the last time he was there. Fortune smiled to Fulvano as it turned out that there was in fact an endemic creature living on said Island that he didn't observe before. Thus seagulia fulvani was discovered! Ofc that creature was a bird, it wasn't endemic, and it just chillaxed on the Island before continuing its flight to somewhere else.

Next destination at 29,500 backers!

• Like 4

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...