My one issue with regards to this stretch goal, I have to admit, is that with Carrie teasing an 8th companion stretch goal in the horizon I'm somewhat afraid this may mean having three consecutive stretch goals that revolve only around companion content. It feels a tad redundant and not quite as spectacular for me as some of the earlier announcements. All the same, always appreciate more quality content.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

i've commented on sidekicks previously and would very much preferred an 8th companion instead. now how about talking about the big city neketaka? just only 1 big city compared to first PoE. does this mean the content is much lesser this time around? or i'll spend 70% of my time just wandering in the city? while i'm big fan of big cities, i'm also a big fan on adventuring! i hope i can travel to more locales.

i'm not sure how big is this city but based on what was shown on the introduction, it doesn't look very big at all to me. there's only 6 maps? correct me if i'm wrong: queen's berth, periki's overlook, the gullet, brass citadel, sacred stair and serpent's crown. now unless each of this section has it's own subsection.

I don't think Neketaka will be keeping you from adventuring at all - as far as I've heard, and what everything so far seems to be pointing out to, the Deadfire explorable region will be larger than the Dyrwood, and though Neketaka will be larger than either Defiance Bay or Twin Elms, it won't be larger than both combined, meaning there's a likelyhood that more content will be scattered throughout the rest of the region. This is my guess, of course, can't confirm a thing, but all the same I don't think it'll be one in place of the other either.

Also, six maps is pretty large, especially if considering the density of content in there (of which I hope there's a lot). To compare, however, Defiance Bay had five maps, and one of them really didn't act as part of a "city" at all (Heritage Hill). On the other hand, however, Athkatla and Sigil both had eight maps, but considering the amount of content in each of these could vary from something akin to the City Gates all the way up to the Clerk's Ward, it really goes to show how much or how little can the number of areas mean overall. I for one don't mind there being "only" six maps, so long as these are full of interesting things to do, and I only hope each of these areas are notably denser in content than those of Defiance Bay.

• Like 1

My one issue with regards to this stretch goal, I have to admit, is that with Carrie teasing an 8th companion stretch goal in the horizon I'm somewhat afraid this may mean having three consecutive stretch goals that revolve only around companion content. It feels a tad redundant and not quite as spectacular for me as some of the earlier announcements. All the same, always appreciate more quality content.

They still have stronghold update + stretch goal involving that stronghold to announce which I would place at 3.5M, thus having a nice boost early on next week for the campaign and leaving the 8th companion at 3.75M or at 4M with a cool concept that would lure in more people.

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

They still have stronghold update + stretch goal involving that stronghold to announce which I would place at 3.5M, thus having a nice boost early on next week for the campaign and leaving the 8th companion at 3.75M or at 4M with a cool concept that would lure in more people.

Let's hope so! :)

i've commented on sidekicks previously and would very much preferred an 8th companion instead. now how about talking about the big city neketaka? just only 1 big city compared to first PoE. does this mean the content is much lesser this time around? or i'll spend 70% of my time just wandering in the city? while i'm big fan of big cities, i'm also a big fan on adventuring! i hope i can travel to more locales.

i'm not sure how big is this city but based on what was shown on the introduction, it doesn't look very big at all to me. there's only 6 maps? correct me if i'm wrong: queen's berth, periki's overlook, the gullet, brass citadel, sacred stair and serpent's crown. now unless each of this section has it's own subsection.

They've already said multiple times that PoE2 will be similar in size to PoE if not even slighty bigger with the stretch goals.

6 maps is big enough for a city, it's bigger than Defiance Bay. With 1 big city they can develop that city to be a better hub than Defiance Bay was. Defiance Bay lost it's purpose in the late game and you had basically no reason to go back there once you were done with Act 2 and you moved onto Twin Elms.

• Like 1

​I was sort of under the impression the "stronghold" wasn't getting a stretch goal because it was included in the base design layout of the game. But I certainly look forward to the update on it and whatever stretch goal may get attached.

​I was sort of under the impression the "stronghold" wasn't getting a stretch goal because it was included in the base design layout of the game. But I certainly look forward to the update on it and whatever stretch goal may get attached.

Well, I might be wrong though. But I was under the impression that stronghold was in the game and they would give an update about it later on in the campaign + a possible stretch goal to enhance it.

Well, I might be wrong though. But I was under the impression that stronghold was in the game and they would give an update about it later on in the campaign + a possible stretch goal to enhance it.

​I think they just mean we will learn what the "stronghold" is come next update. Just how we got to learn about the city this time, and the cover art companions before that. The next stretch goal won't necessarily be related to the stronghold. Given everything we've heard, the next goal is the 8th companion.

• Like 1

Anybody notice that on the City Map of Nekerata it says

Religion:

Hylea

Ondra

Magran

GAUN

Berath

I like that the gods got other names around the world.

Maybe this will showcase Gaun in belief now as it did Eothas in poe1. And maybe well see some differences. Made incarnate in Edèr/Xoti relationship.

• Like 1

My biggest problem with the sidekicks is that I like some of the character concepts so much that I just want them to be full companions

"What is every one night stand i ever had?" XD

If a game makes you want more and more... thats a succes.

And its human nature to long for what we have less off.

There is always dlc... a lot of positive feedback on some of them might get them bumped to companion. A lot of the groundwork is done on them.

In the expansion they could become closer and suddenly ... a wild quest appears!

Its a growth thing. ;)

• Like 1

BG2 Companions (but not quite because slightly less interaction): Aerie, Anomen, Cernd, Edwin, Imoen, Jaheira, Jan, Keldorn, Korgan, Mazzy, Nalia, Viconia. (Characters who EITHER have a quest after you get them or you can romance.)

BG2 sidekicks: Haer'Dalis, Minsc, Yoshimo

Some people like Minsc despite him not having 'companion level' interaction. Some people never romanced Aerie, Jaheira, Anomen or Viconia, and thus didn't get the extra interactions with them, and still didn't mind having them around. Not many people criticised BG2 as being 'Frankensteinish' or whatever for having NPCs with varying levels of interaction.

Valygar?

BG2 Companions (but not quite because slightly less interaction): Aerie, Anomen, Cernd, Edwin, Imoen, Jaheira, Jan, Keldorn, Korgan, Mazzy, Nalia, Viconia. (Characters who EITHER have a quest after you get them or you can romance.)

BG2 sidekicks: Haer'Dalis, Minsc, Yoshimo

Some people like Minsc despite him not having 'companion level' interaction. Some people never romanced Aerie, Jaheira, Anomen or Viconia, and thus didn't get the extra interactions with them, and still didn't mind having them around. Not many people criticised BG2 as being 'Frankensteinish' or whatever for having NPCs with varying levels of interaction.

Valygar?

Valygar's post-recruitment quest was cut from BG 2, so I would definitely consider him a "sidekick."

Additionally, if you look at the actual quantity of the content of the BG2 companions very few had substantial quests. For example, Keldorn's quest did not use any unique locations, and the only outcome that resulted in any change to his character was achieved by releasing him from your service. To be honest that's about the level of content and reactivity I expect from a sidekick's recruitment quest.

The only BG2 companions with substantial content associated with them were the romanceable companions, Sarevok, and Imoen (in ToB only, she had very little content in vanilla BG2). All of the other companion quests were very brief, used recycled areas, and had no real reactivity associated with them.

Fulvano got back to skull face island again... :facepalm:

I'm telling you... some explorer... :facepalm:

He can see through stone, so that's useful  :p

So, there's a throne room of some sort? I wonder if the real level map will be based on this sketch?

Fulvano got back to skull face island again... :facepalm:

I'm telling you... some explorer... :facepalm:

Only 2 islands unlocked instead of 4. Tempest's Turn and Dungeon are on same Dunnage And Drown's Barrow. So we got a total of 3 islands to be exact. As long as each of these island are of quality content.. i think it's good enough. I'd wished the previous 50K backers will come back before campaign ends.

Fulvano sailed from lighthouse island to skull-face island. Saw it from afar and said "nope. Better get back to lighthouse island. There was a town there I didn't explore much. Maybe I'll find a tavern noone else has found". And so he returned and found the tavern that everyone knew of.

As his was drinking his ass off, boasting about a skull-faced island he discovered, several just-befriended pirates spoke to him about his discovery, because, of course, they knew about the skull-faced island since ages. "Do you know there's a dungeon beneath it? You go explore it and come show us what you've found in there".

"Of course I will!" shout Fulvano with his explorerness re-pumped. And he set sail to "explore" the unexplored skull-faced island and bring its dungeon treasures to his just-made pirate friends - who formed a backstabbing grin as he walked towards the door.

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 3

Honest truth, I apparently misunderstood the journals and thought Fulvano was that corpse you found in Anslog's Compass that got killed by Xaurips. So I was really confused by "Fulvano's Voyage" being this game's big epic-mega-quest. I thought he was a one-off joke character.

• Like 4

Honest truth, I apparently misunderstood the journals and thought Fulvano was that corpse you found in Anslog's Compass that got killed by Xaurips. So I was really confused by "Fulvano's Voyage" being this game's big epic-mega-quest. I thought he was a one-off joke character.

Apparently he still is a joke character 'cause his travels is ajoke so far :D

In all seriousness, although he died it doesen't mean you can't go searching for what places he travled to, which set the rumor flame alit.

+1 on this.

• Like 1