As a second step on Fulvano's voyage, we got a town. It's gonna be a small town but if it's around the size of Gilded Vale or Dyrford (or Brynnlaw for that matter) that's quite a bit of content right there, definitely a lot more than 1 level of the Endless Paths. That lighthouse and the skull island also look like they're going to be dungeons in their own right. I'm pretty confident that even if we only manage to get 5 or 6 steps this time around, there will be more content for each. I believe it's gonna be more than 5 or 6 though... number of backers will pick up again in the last week and I'm sure we'll be hitting the twitter and Facebook goals too.

Number of backers will also go up when they finally set up a way to back via paypal...

Paypal will probably be set up only after the end of the campaign, so I don't think they'll count those backers toward the Fulvano's voyage, and I'm fine with it. They went overboard with Od Nua's Endless Path, which would've been better if it had only 5-6 levels, and I hope they don't do the same mistake here.

Guys, don't forget to like PoE's Facebook and share the link with others who might be willing to help out! Even if it's not necessarily their thing, as it may be that of others in their group of friends. With more likes there's more awareness, and with more awareness the likelihood of more pledges! Keep the ball rolling...

• Like 3

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Guys, don't forget to like PoE's Facebook and share the link with others who might be willing to help out! Even if it's not necessarily their thing, as it may be that of others in their group of friends. With more likes there's more awareness, and with more awareness the likelihood of more pledges! Keep the ball rolling...

Been tryin' to do so but so far all the feedback I got was "naw piilurz is rubbish cuz normal is too hard"

Picture%2B82.png

• Like 4

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Been tryin' to do so but so far all the feedback I got was "naw piilurz is rubbish cuz normal is too hard"

Picture%2B82.png

Well if they're friends they should do it just for you :)

• Like 1

Sidekicks - that is one way to do it. Not being forced to make a fully developed character but just "fun" concept gives freedom. Like Rekk is a joke, but whatever. Somebody will enjoy that. Ydwin sounds interesting. Our first friendly neighbourhood animancer, yay. Players will complain if they could not readjust stats. Players are always salty as seasoned sailors.

The thing is that: some companions will be in 2.0 modern mode with vision quest, relationship and possibly more. And some sidekick will be oldschool 1.0 companions with some dialogues, lore dump, some quest, but not much reactivity. In comparison to BG2 this sidekicks will be totally ok. But today ok stuff is not enought. This is why we cant have nice things.

1 city, 2 cities... making 2 cities make sense if there are counterparts. Like there is great war, and we have hubs on both sides. That could make sense in some future PoE. Example: 1 city in classic medieval fantasy, the second in... spirit world

EDIT: If we have a puzzle where we could decipher Rekke language in some logic minigame... that would be something.

Edited by evilcat

Not too crazy about the sidekick stretch goal.

Rekke- An odd-looking man that the Principi rescued from a floating piece of flotsam on the eastern edge of the Deadfire Archipelago.  He doesn't speak a word of any language that anyone can understand, but he's cheery and willing to lend a hand to any company he finds himself in.  He's just happy to be alive(at least, that's what everyone assumes).  Storm Folk fighter.

This would sound like an interesting companion, follow his quest, find out where's he from, what language is that, do some investigating etc, and that ominous "that's what everyone assumes", but as a sidekick without a quest or development? It's like a hired adventurer speaking gibberish. I'll just stick with the companions for story and create adventurers when min-maxing.

• Like 1

Rekke- An odd-looking man that the Principi rescued from a floating piece of flotsam on the eastern edge of the Deadfire Archipelago.  He doesn't speak a word of any language that anyone can understand, but he's cheery and willing to lend a hand to any company he finds himself in.  He's just happy to be alive(at least, that's what everyone assumes).  Storm Folk fighter.

This would sound like an interesting companion, follow his quest, find out where's he from, what language is that, do some investigating etc, and that ominous "that's what everyone assumes", but as a sidekick without a quest or development? It's like a hired adventurer speaking gibberish. I'll just stick with the companions for story and create adventurers when min-maxing.

More importantly, what is "Storm Folk"?  Have we seen that sub-race before?

More importantly, what is "Storm Folk"?  Have we seen that sub-race before?

I don't think we have.

Sidekick is a neat idea IMO. Gives a bit more variety for those who want more to pick from, but the devs don't have to go nuts creating all the permutations of interactions for each one. Might also be useful for people who 'accidentally' got one or more of the continuing companions killed, or make them angry in number 2.

Okey we have 2.8 kill, 5000 Twitters, 15000 Facebook and near 25000 Backers

Now we have more money for 3.25 SG. I think the big problem is the slow confirmation of invested money.... only 1.17 mill adn Obsidian incresed the cap to 2.25 becasue the of 2 mill was little.

Edited by Aranduin

Sidekicks is a smart way of answering the "I want a dwarf companion" and the "I want a pale elf companion" factions. ;)

I wonder now what the 8th companion will be? A mysterious person of a nondescript race with a cut-off nose?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

We also got a glimpse of the new scripted interaction interface.

Bellasege is back. Can't wait to lend a sympathetic ear while she talks about how she missed out on the Noble Prize in animancy because of her misplaced notes. Truly a tragic tale.

• Like 2