Won't happen that way because you can't kill outright kill him in the game

Sure you can. You can carve him up the same way you would any commoner or backer character when you meet him outside Caed Nua or later on in Brighthollow. I haven't tried it while he's an active member in your current party as opposed to just hanging around the keep, but it probably just takes longer since you'd have to work your way through Endurance and Health.

• Like 3

I killed him so many times while he was examining those carvings on the wall... You don't get many fine estocs and a turban of INT+1 for free at that stage. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Won't happen that way because you can't kill outright kill him in the game

Sure you can. You can carve him up the same way you would any commoner or backer character when you meet him outside Caed Nua or later on in Brighthollow. I haven't tried it while he's an active member in your current party as opposed to just hanging around the keep, but it probably just takes longer since you'd have to work your way through Endurance and Health.

Yeah well, you're right. I stand corrected.

New island's been reached in Fulvano's Voyage! :dancing:

So... he just reached the second island? Seems like this is going to be a very short voyage... :)

Well, we'll see how and if the campaign picks up by the end. I presume we'll see about three islands more, plus maybe the Facebook one, but it's just a wild guess on my part.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

The latest Twitch stream also discussed a future stretch goal for an eighth companion. (Hooray!)

Since the Aumaua Moon Godlike is a Chanter, it follows logically that this stretch goal companion will be a Druid. (I'm hoping for a Dwarf, but it might be a Pale Elf instead .)

• Like 1

Are we sure about Moon Godlike, though? He's got fins on his arms and his hair is the same color as his skin, which suggests tentacles more than dreadlocks.

EDIT: new Godlike, perhaps? Could be Ondra's, which would be topical on the Deadfire Archipelago setting. Aumaua body type, of course.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Moon Godlike are blessed by Ondra. So technically this is moon godlike. We could say "Ondra Godlike".

Maybe there are different "interpretations" of the gods' blessings - dependent on the place and how the gods (or the gods aspects) are worshipped there.

I can imagine the Huana see Ondra as a goddess of the ocean mainly. She has this aspect, too (sea, tides, Alzheimer and so on). So Ondra-Godlike of huana origin might tend to look a bit different. More ocean godlike than moon godlike.

But look at his forehead: he has a moon symbol there. It's not as prominent as with PoE1 moon godlikes though.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Damn, you're good XD

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I wonder if he makes bubbling sounds when chanting... ;) I mean we already had one chanter who sounded like Kermit. It seems those funny voices could become a tradition with chanters - who use their voice a lot.

I wonder if there will be some unique phrases and invocation which only that companion can use. Would be cool.

Are we sure about Moon Godlike, though? He's got fins on his arms and his hair is the same color as his skin, which suggests tentacles more than dreadlocks.

EDIT: new Godlike, perhaps? Could be Ondra's, which would be topical on the Deadfire Archipelago setting. Aumaua body type, of course.

heck, you're the rothfuss fan, no? in the concept art the chanter appears to have a flute in his belt? could be a stone flute.  call him jax.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=256#updates

Moon godlike – Moon Godlike are the most tolerated of the godlike. While their skin tone and a large moon-like growth on their foreheads may be strange to some, their appearances are generally considered more palatable by the other kith. Sailors have many beliefs about Moon Godlike and their propensity to bring luck, though there is little agreement as to what kind of luck they tend to bring. They have physical properties associating them with the moon and water, which are both aspects of Ondra.

​Moon Godlike == Ondra Godlike

​Would actually be a bit cooler to have the Diety names instead of "Death Godlike" it'd be "Berathian Godlike", "Magran Godlike" for Fire, "Hylean Godlike" for Avian etc. etc. or does the pantheon need more real time to establish in people's mind? (then again, Paladin orders and Priest orders are named thematically)

​Fins are physical properties, and the white moon on the forehead is strange indeed. His name was Tahua? Takua?

​Another thing to note, all the portraits in Pillars of Eternity have Crescent Moons... is a full moon a different state, enlightenment, or just rank in the caste system?
Moon-godlike-female-portrait.jpg

Update #09: Lore:

The local kith (humanoid-types) are the Huana, a culture of semi-nomadic tribal aumaua who spread themselves thin across the islands. The tribes are distinct from one another, but they cleave to a shared sense of identity and tradition. Each Huana is part of a caste system that defines their role within the tribe. The warrior and priest class are at the front, with skilled artisans following close behind, and at last the modest laborers bringing up the rear. Equal treatment is not one of their core values, but those born in the disadvantaged underclass content themselves with knowing they'll earn a better place in society in their next life.

​@gromnir: Nice catch! I saw someone else saying "He's got a wand", but now that you're saying it, it's possibly a flute, because Chanter! That'd be rad as hell (because that'd mean, possibly, lute and harp as well).

So... he just reached the second island? Seems like this is going to be a very short voyage... :)

That's exactly what I though. But basically it goes like this:

1. First was the Island with the Balefire Beacon, established by default at the beginning of the Fulvano's Voyage campaing
  2. The first goal was Dunnage, which for some reason is on the same Island as the Balefire Beacon
  3. The second goal is the Drowned Barrows Island

So yeah, second Island, but third thing overall.

Why they put Dunnage on the same spot as the Beacon? Guess we will have to find out on our own.

•  

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

If chanter is Moon Godlike it makes sense for him to look different from Watcher Moon Godlike if their appereance reflects moon more than water/sea like it was in POE1. It creates unique feeling for companion not being another standard Moon Godlike.

Unless he's a new aumaua subrace.

Edited by White Phoenix

Boeroer had already put me to shame, but thanks for rubbing it in :p LOL

• Like 2

I'd love to see an "extra reactivity" stretch goal too. It doesn't have to just be more reactivity in chat, but a twist on the current system that can deepen immersion without disrupting the narrative flow. For example, there could "critical" reactions that provide extra flavor or minor rewards - or perhaps making a quest slightly easier. Classes could modify the chance of critical dialog (i.e. an Barbarian could be more effective at Intimidating ontop of their Might modifier). 

OR

There could be a blend of class reactions mixed with attribute reactions. A NPC could joke about a not-so-agile rogue or a tribesman could have different reactions to a shaman depending on the characters predominate attribute. This could be far more interesting however, with NPCs being able to recognize that a Paladin is not following the virtues of their order. These are small additions, but they are the type of thing that really makes a world feel alive and adds a lot to replay-ability.

OR

Could we please get more scripted interactions? I LOVE these moments!

• Like 1

Unfortunately yes. If we don't see the return of the original 77k backers we probably see 3-4 island the max

I think they'll hit the facebook goal, or the twitter one - that adds an island.  Pretty sure they'll get the next 1500 backers in a final rush.

My bet would be 4 islands, maybe 5 in the final game, which is about the sweet-spot for me - not too long or too short.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

That's exactly what I though. But basically it goes like this:

1. First was the Island with the Balefire Beacon, established by default at the beginning of the Fulvano's Voyage campaing
  2. The first goal was Dunnage, which for some reason is on the same Island as the Balefire Beacon
  3. The second goal is the Drowned Barrows Island

So yeah, second Island, but third thing overall.

Why they put Dunnage on the same spot as the Beacon? Guess we will have to find out on our own.

•  

yeah and now it is sailing back to the first island where the ship will spot a ... lighthouse that was not spotted before!