Tbh I really like the orchestra stretch goal. Especially if it won't simply add orchestrated version of existing soundtracks, but will add new ones.

Having a few "special saves" for testing purposes, you can't imagine how annoying hearing the very same piece of music every time you enter a combat can become; even if you liked the soundtrack for first (let's say) 100 times.

we like david warner as an actor, but less so as a voice actor.  irenicus from bg2 were not s'posed to be cliché wizard mad with power, but warner's reading made it difficult to see as anything but the cliché 'less one serious delved into text options and lore dumps.  am wondering if the director had the spine to direct warner, 'cause am knowing at least a couple bio writers were surprised by the result.  perhaps were a bit like directing orson welles for a frozen pea commercial? 

ok, doubt it were that bad.

dunno.  is loads o' fine voice actors who don't make us immediate think o' time bandits.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

David Warner's voice has such ties to Irenicus to me. If he were the villain in Pillars, it'd feel a bit cheap. A companion though, sure.

I agree. As epic as he is, it would completely destroy the immersion to have guys like him and Jim Cummings in a major role.

Which animal companion gets wounds? A monkey? ;)

Wait: ranger/monk with a monkey as animal companion! First build set...

Hah! Nice! That gives me a companion idea: Make Eder fighter or rogue / ranger and give him a fuzzy animal companion to pet enytime he likes! Hope there's a nice comment by him if you do this. He should be commenting on that!

Devs, you need to put an extra line for Eder there... if you haven't already ;)

• Like 1

David Warner's voice has such ties to Irenicus to me. If he were the villain in Pillars, it'd feel a bit cheap. A companion though, sure.

I agree. As epic as he is, it would completely destroy the immersion to have guys like him and Jim Cummings in a major role.

Well Jim Cummings at least has a pretty wide range of voices. He's both Minsc and Pooh Bear.

mmings

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

It's the normal flow of crowdfunding campaigns. Pledges follow a U-shaped pattern and we're about in the middle right now.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It appears that investments need to be manually processed in some way (verified maybe?) before they get added to the total, which causes the Fig Funds counter to freeze on weekends (it happened last week, too). It should come back to life soon...

if at the start o' the campaign we had been asked to guess funding for poe2, we woulda' suggested $3-$3.5 million as maximum numbers.  wasteland 3 needed considerable investor action and console development to reach $3 million.  not shocking. sequels rare do as well as does a successful original.  'course even if poe2 only generates a steady $50,000 per day as we has seen recent, poe2 would still eclipse $3million.  also, there is still uncounted investor funds and as mentioned already, the predictable increase o' funding during the last 3-4 days o' a campaign.

am having difficulty being disappointed.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm sure a fair number of people that pledge like to do so near the end; instead of waiting for several weeks for the charge to hit their accounts. Personally, I'd pledge at the end too because when I buy something or send money I want that to happen *at least* within a week, preferably the same day, therefore many others (probably!) want the same process.

The last and final day there will be a huge surge I'm sure.

2.6 mill now wait for see the 3 mill SG

A $750 backer picked a terrible moment to pull out :p

Now, that's kind of funny. Hope it doesn't happen often though. =)

2.6 mill now wait for see the 3 mill SG

Pretty sure it won't show up for a couple/few days.

Edited by Rolandur

Yeah, I don't think there is a need to reveal the 3m stretch goal right away. The closer to the end the more they want to get large pushes of backings. We are in the tail end of the trickle, which continues to slow. In a few days they'll need to come out guns blazing and really put up a large goal that is just barely in reach but will really make everyone throw themselves behind it.

​edit: Yay! 2.6m, now to get on with more interesting goals.

Edited by injurai

So, the new update went out of its way to mention that the next one will be a "Valentine's Day" one, and combined that statement with the $3m SGoal... I wonder if #TeamRomance will get its wish granted? ;)

Not my thing, but if Obsidian has some ideas for doing it well, then it may be interesting.