On a mildly interesting note... does Fig platform name have any relation with a same-named sign?)

I understand it doesn't, but still can't help but chuckle slightly, every time I name it ^^

Edited by MaxQuest

On a mildly interesting note... does Fig platform name have any relation with a same-named sign?)

I understand it doesn't, but still can't help but chuckle slightly, every time I name it)

I would be very surprised if it did. Why would they name it after an incredibly obscure obscene hand gesture? There's always the much more obvious fruit they could have named it after. My personal theory, although I have no information to back it up, is that fig stands for "funding indie games".

Edited by mumbogumshoe
  • Like 2

Of course, only about half of the raised funds are actually coming from backers this time around, with 1.12M coming from 'Fig Funds'.

Some of those Fig funds may also com from backers who decided not to do traditional backing this time around but invest a more substantial amount hoping for some returns. So at least part of this number is not shady money from anonymous sources like MegaCorp ;) but also backer money. No one outside the company knows how big that part is, though.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

What are the pros and cons of waiting? :)

The pros in my case are mainly that it coincides better with my next pay cheque and it gives me more time to weigh up exactly which tier I will back at and what extras I might want. Beyond that I am generally a procrastinator when it comes to this sort of thing, though that's not so much a pro as simply an aspect of my character.

As one of the procrastinators, I can confirm that I will probably be backing right near the end of the campaign.

You procrastinator scum! Go back the game right away and give us more islands! :bat:

I'm procrastinator scum too! ha ....honestly though, while I have no direct problems with this company's crowdfunding [then and now], I'm just not big on the whole crowdfunding scene. With that said I have gifted the game (hero edition) six times and both me and my wife bought our own copies (hero and royal) so that puts me in the [above] Signed Elite Collectors pledge but no one will know that making my voice wimpy here. lol

I look forward to gifting this game at a later date if it's as good as the first; I don't require knick-knacks.

What are the pros and cons of waiting? :)

The pros in my case are mainly that it coincides better with my next pay cheque and it gives me more time to weigh up exactly which tier I will back at and what extras I might want. Beyond that I am generally a procrastinator when it comes to this sort of thing, though that's not so much a pro as simply an aspect of my character.

As someone reminded me at the start of the campaign when I said I don't have money at the time (can't remember who was right now, sorry mate!), remember that you're not charged anything until the campaign is over. So you can back now, raise later or just abort backing ;)

As someone reminded me at the start of the campaign when I said I don't have money at the time (can't remember who was right now, sorry mate!), remember that you're not charged anything until the campaign is over. So you can back now, raise later or just abort backing ;)

I'll have you know getting money out of me is like getting blood from a stone, and not one of those creepy looking stones that bleed type stones, a regularly work a day non-bleeding stone like granite.

• Like 1

Has it been confirmed that "Berath's Blessings" is indeed completely optional?

It sure does sound like it, but I'd prefer official word on this.

vqY3YQI.jpg

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Oh lord! Fulvano's Voyage is an AMAZING idea! Now go guys, let's force everyone to pledge. ^_^

Is it? The information is quite vague. I wish they'd give us a better idea of what they are planning. 

It is.

¡¡¡¡2.4 millions!!!!

Going by the warning in the investor page (they have over $2m in reservation for funds which is the max allocated), all the stretch goals up to $3.2 millions have been achieved (pending approval).

Edited by morhilane
  • Like 2

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.