I didn't see the newest update here. I guess we now see where all our hard earned money has gone. To support Obsidians lavish lifestyles. Just look at that sweet sweet ride. It must have cost millions.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I don't like the idea of NG+. I hope they re-consider that stretch goal. Part of me like replayability considering we have many multi-classing and dual-classing options. The reduction is number of companions, probably would help promote replayability as well. So NG+ kind of taking away replayability. Plus i rather have more story-related content than this NG+. Please start with serious goals already. The rate of hitting the stretch goals, if not is kinda really slow at the moment.

Without really seriously interesting goals, it will be hard to up the stretch goals, IMO.

• Like 1

Personally you know what I would like to see?  No mega dungeon, but replace it with a "mega quest".  Something you start early game and maybe seems innocuous at first, like delivering some merchant goods, or hunting down a bandit group.  But it leads to another thing, and another, and another, and spans much of the game.  Ultimately leading on a long game sort of treasure hunt that culminates in a really hard encounter against some rival group winner take all. 

• Like 9

​I feel like they could do a lot more with itemization than they already are doing. While they don't necessarily need to change how armor and items work from the point of combat systems. It would be great to have enchantments and crafting greatly expanded. Just more robust systems surrounding what is already there. Make better use of the in-game economy in a way that doesn't just add a bunch of unnecessary padding. I like building and crafting my characters. But I don't want to necessarily grind for it. What I do want, is really great systems, that when I decided to spend 20 minutes crafting. I can leave feeling I just made something really cool, made a lot of really interesting decisions and trade-offs.

​They have talked a lot about trying to balance the game to make all classes viable. But I think items could be where the min-max game becomes really interesting. Especially because items are something you can switch around in a more rapid feed-back loop as opposed to leveled abilities.

​Plus the above is something that could enrich all existing content in the game. I think it's an investment that would scale nicely, and could serve as good foundational systems going forward.

​I know they talked about the enchantment ceiling. Maybe they could implement a "reforge" mechanic. I also mentioned maybe taking a weapon and adorning it with an heirloom status. Where through use, you can continually raise it's enchantment cap. But maybe you have to sacrifice unique weapons or something to continually reimbue an old item.

​I'm interested to see what today's stretch goal is. As an Obsidian fan, and a fan of crpgs. There are of course a bunch of wishful self-indulgent ideas that I could ask for, and have been asking for. We have the mega-dungeon thread, we are talking about romances, yadda yadda. But... there are some core things that could be really flashy and could be very viable and desirable stretch goals. Whatever Obsidian decides will be a good investment of their resources, they will need to sell us on it. If it means simply improving what they already have, fine. But really focus on dipping into the backers as a resource. Especially for mechanic things, because I think gameplay systems is where the community can give rapid feedback and fresh ideas. Where as lore, level content and all that can't exactly be talked about.

yeah. Seems so. The entire update is really sweet. I don't like NG+ normally, but the variety of options, even bigger challenge for min maxers, are pretty cool.

Well. The mega dungeon was also linked to social media if I recall correctly. And whole islands should be somewhat bigger than most mega dungeon levels.

Edited by TheisEjsing

yeah. Seems so. The entire update is really sweet. I don't like NG+ normally, but the variety of options, even bigger challenge for min maxers, are pretty cool.

Well. The mega dungeon was also linked to social media if I recall correctly. And whole islands should be somewhat bigger than most mega dungeon levels.

Seeing the number of backers are much lower this time around, this is a right move. Let's hope 20K more backers will be backed at least.

Seeing the number of backers are much lower this time around, this is a right move. Let's hope 20K more backers will be backed at least.

Well I doubt the RPG Codex is quite as excited this time.  Also we have over 2 weeks to go.  You normally get a burst about equal to your first weekend in the last day or two.  I wouldn't be shocked if long term they match the 3.9 mill, and or even peak over 4.

​I believe a lot of people jumped on at the end of the campaign. I'd imagine something similar will happen hear. Once people see all the stretch goals, they feel better about the games features. Then with a final savory carrot on the stick, everyone rushes to get that final stretch goal.

​I believe a lot of people jumped on at the end of the campaign. I'd imagine something similar will happen hear. Once people see all the stretch goals, they feel better about the games features. Then with a final savory carrot on the stick, everyone rushes to get that final stretch goal.

let's hope it will be the same this time!. i wanted to see this game successful too. and love the naga artwork!.. plus dragon is back... also the engwithan saint.. i assume this will be the new demilich? :)

Edited by Archaven

Well, if not something crazy happens we'll get 10 islands if we're lucky but that would be awesome enough ;)

Agreed. It doesn't need to be, like, a thousand islands. The idea itself is pretty cool; anything above 5 islands is gravy as far as I'm concerned.

Now give me the eighth companion already, goddammit! :D

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I just looked up on kicktraq how many backers PoE 1 had and how the trend was progressing. They got 30k in the first two days, that is really amazing.

If you take into account that at round about 35% of the kickstarter campaign Obsidian reached about 60% of their total backer amount, you could compare that to fig (we compare just the trend so it should be valid to a certain point) we should then reach about 34000 backer in the end. That would mean if we start at 20.500 backer there would be approximately 9 islands.

But I dont know how the "Invest" option can skew this thought process.

Edited by Niggey
  • Like 2

I don't like the idea of NG+. I hope they re-consider that stretch goal. Part of me like replayability considering we have many multi-classing and dual-classing options. The reduction is number of companions, probably would help promote replayability as well. So NG+ kind of taking away replayability. Plus i rather have more story-related content than this NG+. Please start with serious goals already. The rate of hitting the stretch goals, if not is kinda really slow at the moment.

Without really seriously interesting goals, it will be hard to up the stretch goals, IMO.

They are doing just fine. I guess you weren't around or can't remember the last time? It is always slow(er) during weekends, it picks up from time to time when they have an update etc.

They are doing around 100k a day with 17 days left and with the last day push they are looking to make about 1.5-2 million more with the current pace. That doesn't sound bad to me.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Could someone ask the devs over at fig if "Berath's Blessings" is an entirely optional feature and can be ignored?

Thanks.

Given that PoE allows you to have unspent attribute points when creating a character, I'd imagine Deadfire will allow you to leave these "blessing points" unspent as well. I might be wrong but I'd be surprised if you're forced to take them.

NG+ is a horrible waste of money, even in it's light "Berath's Blessing" way. And it's abolutely nothing you'd need 200k for...  :getlost:

The stretch goals for PoE2 sadly continue to disappoint.

Edited by LordCrash
  • Like 1
35167v4.jpg

NG+ is a horrible waste of money.  :banghead:

The stretch goals for PoE continue to disappoint.

For you maybe. I don't use it either. But big picture here. Alot of people like it. It's not just about you.

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 4

NG+ is a horrible waste of money.  :banghead:

The stretch goals for PoE continue to disappoint.

For you maybe. I don't use it either. But big picture here. Alot of people like it. It's not just about you.

I just stated my opinion, mate. ;)

35167v4.jpg

I most definitely will be using Berath's Blessing. First playthrough will be with story mode difficulty to learn encounters, quests, and get those blessings. Then my character will be total badass and ready for higher difficulty levels.

• Like 2

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.