Berath's Blessing: New Game+ no doubt but... Berath?

​Is this an End-Game spoiler?

​EDIT: Obviously it's vague on purpose. Arrrhghhh!! What does it meaaan!

In the legends the knight appears to someone that has escaped or cheated death, and demands an impossible toll for travelling her lord's road for too long. The person either surrenders, or fights the knight and kill themselves in the process

Would it mean that the Pallid Knight appears in Berath's Blessing mode then? (If it is New Game+)

Edited by Osvir

So basically new game+. Not bad to be honest.

​Comparing Deadfire stretch-goals to PoE1. I think I prefer what we are seeing this time around. Really the best goals of PoE2 where the second city and endless dungeons. But these incremental goals every 200,000 are pretty great to be honest. Maybe some don't appreciate things like watercolored portraits, but I think that really adds a lot to the polish of the game. VO will certainly be a big boon too.

Next stretch goal: the whip.

Not as an in game weapon, but a real one sent to all backers now, so we can whip the non-backers and convince them to back. Need moare content!

​But seriously. Whips.

Edited by injurai

They removed that stretchgoal from fig again. Feargus said there was an error and they'll have more/new info later today.

Hi Everyone, there was a slight miscommunication internally. We will have some news about stretch goals and languages in just a bit.
  • Like 3

They removed that stretchgoal from fig again. Feargus said there was an error and they'll have more/new info later today.

Hi Everyone, there was a slight miscommunication internally. We will have some news about stretch goals and languages in just a bit.

I hope so. This bonuses passes along are not inspiring.

I want that second level cap increase though XD after an eighth companion, ofc.

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

am a bit confused by the repeated announced stretch goal missteps. we had assumed the stretch goals were contemplated well in advance o' the campaign.  are we so ahead or behind anticipated funding schedule that obsidian is winging these things?  come up with a bunch o' stretch goals in advance, and depending 'pon attainment o' funding milestones reached by date X or Y, the order o' the release o' stretch goals changes.  largely automatic. this problem shouldn't be.

no biggie. am simple not understanding how this happens... multiple times.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am a bit confused by the repeated announced stretch goal missteps. we had assumed the stretch goals were contemplated well in advance o' the campaign.  are we so ahead or behind anticipated funding schedule that obsidian is winging these things?  come up with a bunch o' stretch goals in advance, and depending 'pon attainment o' funding milestones reached by date X or Y, the order o' the release o' stretch goals changes.  largely automatic. this problem shouldn't be.

HA! Good Fun!

maybe change of plans.. the pace of meeting stretch goals are much slower and without more interesting ones, it will be hard to draw more interests from lookers.

• Like 1

HA! Good Fun!

I think the problem with thinking things through WAY in advance, is that you end up with several versions of the stretch goal plans. I am going to guess the stretch goals were reshuffled a lot, so it's easy to mix up which one was mean to go where.

NewGame+ would be odd, being they had very distinct and specific reason to start us at level 1 in the first place and adding two more levels (to 20) is as odd as the first level cap increase because more character levels [should] mean more content but the Level Cap Increase is never announced alongside More Content. So if it was intended for level 16 to have challenge late game increasing it to 18 will make it easier... now potentially going to level 20 will make it trivial wouldn't it. UNLESS everything scales.

Anyways, it's neither of those two now, right? I got nothin' refreshing except my next cup of coffee.

Before backing the "Collector's Edition + statue" I'd like to see a pic of the statue. Where I can find it, if exist?

I've read that the Od Nua statue is 10", approximatively 25cm (NICE!!!), but I don't understand if it will be only a replica of the Od Nua's big head or the full statue, from it feets to the head.

zu73tuJ.gif

700947de2e_300x82.jpg    cd87f85c0b.jpg

I haven't read every post in this thread, just skimmed some of it, but I saw some talk about people not liking the mega-dungeon in PoE1.  I wanted to chime in with an alternate opinion.

​I enjoyed Od Nua, even while realizing it was only loosely tied into the main story of the game, and even if my brain insists to this day on reading it as "Old Nua".  I found that sometimes I want to play to enjoy the story, with a lot of reading as I go, but sometimes I just wanted some semi-mindless dungeon delving, such as when I had 30 spare minutes here or there between real life things without sufficient time to get deeply into a play session.

So, ​I like the general idea of a semi-disconnected bit of dungeon exploration and combat.  I felt it worked as a contrast to the main body of the game.  Perfect, no... but still fun for me.  I didn't do it all at once.  I started at the earliest level I could get in there, did a few levels until I just couldn't go further, then came back a week later with a few more character levels to bring to bear.

​That being said, I also agree with a previous poster than Durgan's Battery was extremely well done, as much as anything from an atmospheric perspective.  It had the right background sounds, sights, echos, little puffs of dust upon opening long closed doors and such, to instill it with a sense of exploratory thrill.  Really nice work on that, Obsidian.

• Like 3

New stretchgoal: Berath's Blessing: Begin a new game with gifted bonuses! Sounds like a new game+ ;)

Source?

​They took it down. Announced that they would have a larger update and the next stretch goal tomorrow (or it might be later today if your in an earlier time zone.) Tuesday it is.

Thanks!  That's an awful stretchgoal.  Half the fun of PE is making new characters because the system allows such a huge array of concepts.  New game+ sounds easy to implement, but like a waste of development time.  The only worse one was more VO, which may actively hurt the game.  Come on, a different type of godlike would both be more exciting and easier to implement if you limited reactivity.

• Like 2

Thanks!  That's an awful stretchgoal.  Half the fun of PE is making new characters because the system allows such a huge array of concepts.  New game+ sounds easy to implement, but like a waste of development time.  The only worse one was more VO, which may actively hurt the game.  Come on, a different type of godlike would both be more exciting and easier to implement if you limited reactivity.

​I thought someone already said no to more godlike. Which is a shame because they have a lot more gods than they do godlike types. I feel like godlikes aren't really panning out how they hoped. Seems like watchers are a bigger deal than godlikes.

​But I'll admit doing custom variants for every race and sex for each godlike type is a lot of work. So I understand that trade-offs must be made. Just adding one more godlike type would be "neat" though.

Indeed. NG+ seems very unnecessary for a game genre that normally revolves around replayabilty and runs circles around a simple solution like a few bonuses merely for doing a second or third playthrough. Wanting to do a new run should always be the built-in spirit of any good CRPG, although I know statistics show that most people don't even play through this type of game once.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***