I dislike the new stretch-goal myself. I think the voiceover work on the first Pillars was largely inconsistent, especially when dealing to the very minor/supporting characters. I fear that adding more voiceover work will dilute its quality instead of enhancing the game. I'd rather that money be used to acquire better talent to work on the already-planned V.O. instead.

That said, I don't mind the addition of character voice set options, as I thought the ones we got were a tad limiting.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Am I the only one who is happy to have more protagonist voice sets? I was not entirely happy about the voice my Watcher got and I hope I will be able to replace it with something more fitting.

Totally agree with you here! The extra VO doesn't really interest me, but the extra voicesets for the MC and for the hired adventurers surely do!

PoE was terribly lacking in that aspect, and I had to create/swap in a lot of voicesets myself.

Also, I hope the voicesets will be *truly* different and various this time, not just a couple of people saying the same things with slightly different impressions.

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

Or they have metrics that explicitly show they have more paying Korean customers than Chinese or Japanese.

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm not a fan of this stretch goal, because playing the game in another language and hearing the English VO at the same time makes me a bit distracted. Perhaps I'll need to play Deadfire in English and then I'll appreciate more voices. 

But really, I can't wait for stretch goals with new content ;)

Edited by Eivenne
  • Like 1

Or they have metrics that explicitly show they have more paying Korean customers than Chinese or Japanese.

4d9.jpg

It is known.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I've said it before, and I'll repeat it. They are probably doing a translation for a larger demographic followed by a smaller demographic. That means with the next two goals being shown at any given time there is always a larger demographic in there. It helps pull the funding along.

• Like 1

Well, I think they are kinda careful about their stretch goals this time around. I'm okay with all the stretch goals. Sure I'd prefer other stretch goals but that doesn't mean they are bad. I don't need any translation (english is not my mother tongue) and therefore those things are obsolete for me personally. I don't need better AI because I like doing everything myself and I play on the higher (highest) difficulties. More VO is nice but I can manage without it. Watercolor portraits are nice. So are those now trash just because they don't cater to my liking? I don't think so and I appreciate them. They'll make the game better and playable for more people. Of course I hope that further down the road some stretch goals cater more to my personal needs. But with subclasses, multiclasses and the lvl increase I already got something out of those stretch goals and I'm content. 

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of this stretch goal, because playing the game in another language and hearing the English VO at the same time makes me a bit distracted. Perhaps I'll need to play Deadfire in English and then I'll appreciate more voices. 

But really, I can't wait for stretch goals with new content ;)

That's why I played PoE1 in English from the start.

Besides, "Jelenioborze" does not appeal to me the same way as "Dyrwood"  :biggrin:

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

lol someone proposed for real that Obsidian should contact Vin Diesel to back the game? wtf :D

He's a diehard fan of pnp D&D. I think he has written modules and the prologue of 5ed or something like that. You have some info on the real wiki, and here you have him playing with Matt Mercer. I don't know if he's interested, but it would be awesome if he could promote the game.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 2

Well, I think they are kinda careful about their stretch goals this time around. I'm okay with all the stretch goals. Sure I'd prefer other stretch goals but that doesn't mean they are bad. I don't need any translation (english is not my mother tongue) and therefore those things are obsolete for me personally. I don't need better AI because I like doing everything myself and I play on the higher (highest) difficulties. More VO is nice but I can manage without it. Watercolor portraits are nice. So are those now trash just because they don't cater to my liking? I don't think so and I appreciate them. They'll make the game better and playable for more people. Of course I hope that further down the road some stretch goals cater more to my personal needs. But with subclasses, multiclasses and the lvl increase I already got something out of those stretch goals and I'm content. 

Yeah, regardless of my opinions on the stretch goals, I'm happy for others getting what they want and I do discern restraint on behalf of Obsidian.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Offtopic: Matt Mercer is the best dm I could imagine. One of my dreams is having him as my dm. 

OT: Not sure if Vin Diesel even plays this kinda game. I know that he loves pen&paper but I don't think he likes crpgs as much as well.

• Like 1

So it's more VO. Not a big fan, but... if it adds extra watcher voice presets, and more Eder, I mean banter jokes, imo that's a decent goal.

But really, I can't wait for stretch goals with new content  ;)

That's why I played PoE1 in English from the start.

Besides, "Jelenioborze" does not appeal to me the same way as "Dyrwood"   :biggrin:

You are absolutely right. The translation wasn't that good anyway, sometimes I was getting lost and I had to switch to English to understand what the writer meant exactly :D  But some names were awful, I especially hated different class names for female characters (barbarzynka, magiczka). I do hope that in Deadfire localizations will have better quality. 

Edited by Eivenne

If it's double 5 % of general text (like pillars, honestly). Not interresting.

Full audio on main quest will be a better goal. (+ Full audio on main quest with french, with german, with spanish, each stretch goal = I buy immediatly)

Edited by theBalthazar

lol someone proposed for real that Obsidian should contact Vin Diesel to back the game? wtf :D

He's a diehard fan of pnp D&D. I think he has written modules and the prologue of 5ed or something like that. You have some info on the real wiki, and here you have him playing with Matt Mercer. I don't know if he's interested, but it would be awesome if he could promote the game.

Yeah I know. Stil... :D

I do like this stretch goal. "Double the voice acting". They can basically leave voice acting as is and then say "Oh we totally doubled it."

Well, you're right that they could do that. But then again crowdfunding is all about trust and I trust them. We'll get atleast more voice sets then in PoE1 and having more options while creating your character is (in my book) always a plus. 

Well, you're right that they could do that. But then again crowdfunding is all about trust and I trust them. We'll get atleast more voice sets then in PoE1 and having more options while creating your character is (in my book) always a plus.

Just sayin', if some of the stretch goals have to be cut, this'll be the first one to go. Which is just savvy marketing really. It's not like they can promise exactly 3125 units of voice acting anyway.
  • Like 1