Guys, if the voiceover system will be similar to PoE1, such as:

Pillars-of-Eternity-Conversation-Tone.pn

but only white, quoted text gets read, then it's a terrible, confusing method and at least please give an option to turn off voiceovers altogether.

Either the narrator reads EVERYTHING written on the screen, or nothing.

I disagree completely. The voiced characters are not narrators and have no place reading the narration text.

• Like 6

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Guys, if the voiceover system will be similar to PoE1, such as:

Pillars-of-Eternity-Conversation-Tone.pn

but only white, quoted text gets read, then it's a terrible, confusing method and at least please give an option to turn off voiceovers altogether.

Either the narrator reads EVERYTHING written on the screen, or nothing.

Problem is you have to have a voice actor reading the bits in quote and a narrator the stuff around it. Otherwise it's weird. Could be cool doing it like this, a bit radio-play style. But I thought you got used to only the dialogue lines being spoken quickly enough. Not a great problem, I find.

• Like 1

I would have been more interested in the level cap increase; don't care much about VO to be honest :(

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I did not make screenshot but I am formal.

This has been changed a few seconds ago !^^

There was "Level cap increase II - to level 20".

Well, well, did someone just spoiled the next stretch goal?

Not that I don't believe you, but it sounds a little strange to me. I mean, wouldn't that mean rebalancing the whole late game, every class, subclass...? Anyway, it's a nice round number, I can get behind that.

Well, well, did someone just spoiled the next stretch goal?

Not that I don't believe you, but it sounds a little strange to me. I mean, wouldn't that mean rebalancing the whole late game, every class, subclass...? Anyway, it's a nice round number, I can get behind that.

They already added a level increase as the 1.6M stretch goal. vOv

I also believe that extra voiceover is a costly and uninteresting stretch goal. The original PoE had enough voiceover for my taste, just a bit to give you the idea of the character and the tone, leaving the rest to your imagination.

However, it should be noted that "double" voiceover doesn't mean much to us, since we don't know the basic value to redouble! :p

• Like 4

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

seriously what did u expect from stretch goals?... I don't expect rad stuff since all the meaningful features are in base game already...

It's not that I wanted something crazy but more VO is something I just don't care. I'll enjoy it but I'm not thrilled by it. I would like to see a new companion (nothing crazy since we already had one of that), expanded systems (like subclasses) that could be things like improving the stronghold, orchestral soundtrack (if they aren't doing that already) etc. I liked the rest of the SG even if they are "minor" improvements more than this.

• Like 1

seriously what did u expect from stretch goals?... I don't expect rad stuff since all the meaningful features are in base game already...

I mostly wait for video updates of those base game features tbh.

Sawyer mentioned there are Stronghold replacement's stretch goals in this interview.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01/31/josh-sawyer-teases-replacement-stronghold-pillars-eternity-ii-deadfire/

So, not all the meaningful features are in the base game. I, for one, would take goals like this over more VO. YMMV.

I'm not saying more VO is bad, but there are more meaningful features we could get, imho.

• Like 3

2M breached! Now .. show the real goals already!

The real goals, eh? Huge diss on Russian, Polish, Spanish and Italian fans from out of nowhere, there!

By that logic then you should be just upset at Obsidian for having a Sub-class goal without attaching a language Localization. Anyways, Archaven seems to be showing enthusiasm in his or her own way.

I'm for additional VO especially if it adds to the ambience and colors the personality of more NPCs that we encounter in the game world. Doesn't have to be and shouldn't be full VO, but if more interactable NPCs have their first sentence recorded, that's cool. Background cacophony in busy markets and taverns is always a plus as well.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

By that logic then you should be just upset at Obsidian for having a Sub-class goal without attaching a language Localization. Anyways, Archaven seems to be showing enthusiasm in his or her own way.

Hmmm no I don't think I should? Facetiously implying that localisations into various languages should definitely count as 'real goals' doesn't imply that other goals aren't also real goals.