I've just pledged 99$ as soon as italian language popped up.

Also, having portraits for every quest giver is a little but very nice touch, not to mention the UI customization!

I guess they are trying to address all the issues of PoE for the best sequel possible, i see PoE as experimental and this as the real game, i'm pretty sure it will be a masterpiece

• Like 3

If they just pumped that 400k into mod support then we could just make AI & UI Customization.

I would like to obnoxiously update my own quote to this:

If they just pumped 600k+ (from the last couple and the upcoming Stretch Goals) into mod support then we could just make AI & UI Customization and, I've seen many times in the past, localization is done by the community because the game is easy to mod. It's a win-win situation for everyone in more ways than one. Maybe I should of used three wins. lol

I'd say it'd depend on what you mean by mod support. Some things are cheap, some things are not. What specifically would you like supported?

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

What specifically would you like supported?

That's a difficult one to publicly share for so many reasons but let's say we could mod anything and add as much content (be it features to actual story elements) as we wanted what I specifically would focus on would be things like:

• Hijacking the text i/o so I could write out all combat logs to a file (for regex parsing)
  • Making in game DPS meters--eventually after I practiced with above ^ text files.
  • Change the formula to finding hidden objects and add a Search Skill that would use perception/intelligence instead of Mechanics/actively Sneaking to spot hidden objects/caches.
  • Removing the Character Portraits to maximize screen real-estate by having just vital information associated with our on-screen character display
  • Remove the ability to fast travel
  • Respawn areas cleared after X amount of time

These are few things I would do for myself, personally, if I could easily mod with support documentation and means to implement my ideas which many of these (of course not all) I've done from NWN to WoW to Fallout 4 to ESO and many more games that are accessible to us hobby coders.

Edited by Rolandur

Fast travel? Do you mean double speed or the ability to travel to any previously visited map? Both those are easily avoided by a player if they so wish, seems odd to want to mod them out.

Could only travel to adjacent maps. Not cross-continent travel . AGAIN, personally for my own game experience. I never force my mods on anyone. ~cheers~

What specifically would you like supported?

That's a difficult one to publicly share for so many reasons but let's say we could mod anything and add as much content (be it features to actual story elements) as we wanted what I specifically would focus on would be things like:

• Hijacking the text i/o so I could write out all combat logs to a file (for regex parsing)
  • Making in game DPS meters--eventually after I practiced with above ^ text files.
  • Change the formula to finding hidden objects and add a Search Skill that would use perception/intelligence instead of Mechanics/actively Sneaking to spot hidden objects/caches.
  • Removing the Character Portraits to maximize screen real-estate by having just vital information associated with our on-screen character display

These are few things I would do for myself, personally, if I could easily mod with support documentation and means to implement my ideas which many of these (of course not all) I've done from NWN to WoW to Fallout 4 to ESO and many more games that are accessible to us hobby coders.

Don't get me wrong, as a modders myself I want as much mod support as possible as well. I just find many people don't specifically state what they'd like so it's hard for the devs to judge costs of implementation.

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

It's true that most stretch goals don't look that fancy epsecially compared to the Pillars 1 ones but peple should keep in mind most of the thing they'd want or went as stretch golas in Pillars 1 are already features of the full before-crowdfunding game. So huge game, 11 classes, bacjgrounds, multiclassing, new kind of stonghold etc are part of the game from the start and they'd be included even if the campaign was a failure.

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 2

InXile appear to have had to remove a number of stretch goals from the final version of their game.

This news is... not going over well. By far, the better course of action is to not over promise.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! As a fairly heavy backer of TToN, I am one of the miffed backers of which you speak. I was hesitant to fund Bard's Tale and WL3 because they keep hitting crowdfunding, and have only one title released to show for it. It seemed fishy, and I was skeptical. Glad I made that choice. If they release those titles, and all looks well, I'll buy them. I won't be backing them again anytime soon. This is why I want the stretch goals to be more muted than the previous game. I don't want unnecessary content cuts or half finished areas.

• Like 3

InXile appear to have had to remove a number of stretch goals from the final version of their game.

This news is... not going over well. By far, the better course of action is to not over promise.

I completely missed this - what have they removed?

Edit: Found it. Crafting is out, a companion is out and the Oasis city is out (although from what I understand a lot has been incorporated into Bloom)

Edited by Ashen Rohk

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

I completely missed this - what have they removed?

The Oasis, and 2 companions as far as I know. I think the Pat Rothfuss companion was one of the cut ones, but we don't know for sure. Or that I've seen at least.

My dream stretch goal: hungarian localization, and more awesome portraits and stronhold system. 

I won't lose hope. The next one is pretty sure Portoguese, but the next could be Hungarian aswell.

They said they wanna add more languages possible, Have faith  :yes:

The purpose is : take as much money as possible.

I prefer "dream" purpose. More hype and more money for the studio. Money use for create a better game.

You understand ? It is more advantageous^^

Well...

Promising too muchs is counterproductive: they have to invest money, and worse, time, in some "extras" that they may

Changing subjetc, does anyone know if those watercolor portraits are definitive? I mean, I like the art but the background seems a bit... off with the rest of the game. Maybe if seen in-game they feel good, but that's my first impression.

Agreed. I love potraits and love the idea of more NPCs having one but the examples they showed weren't particularly impressive artistically.

Fast travel? Do you mean double speed or the ability to travel to any previously visited map? Both those are easily avoided by a player if they so wish, seems odd to want to mod them out.

Could only travel to adjacent maps. Not cross-continent travel . AGAIN, personally for my own game experience. I never force my mods on anyone. ~cheers~

But you can choose to do that already - just walk to the edge of the map, travel to the next one, then walk across the map to where you want to go, etc.

(Pointless without the respawns though, unless you're enjoying the scenery)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

But you can choose to do that already - just walk to the edge of the map, travel to the next one, then walk across the map to where you want to go, etc.

What I've been doing for 358 hours [played]. So I should not be allowed to make a mod to enforce this behavior? I promise I won't force you to use it. =)

Seriously. If you want to do all that, go on ahead. 

I personally don't want to waste real time sitting in front of my computer watching my characters walk across each map one by one when I can just click a button and have them "fast travel" (with in-universe time lapses and characters having fatigue to show for it) straight to their destination, and save real time while I'm playing.

• Like 1

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

What I've been doing for 358 hours [played]. So I should not be allowed to make a mod to enforce this behavior? I promise I won't force you to use it. =)

Didn't say you couldn't - just seems like a wasted effort to make a mod to force yourself to do something you already can and want to do.  But hey, if that's what you want to do, go ahead :)

I'm all for making modding easier :)

• Like 3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I personally don't want to waste real time sitting in front of my computer watching my characters walk across each map one by one when I can just click a button and have them "fast travel" (with in-universe time lapses and characters having fatigue to show for it) straight to their destination, and save real time while I'm playing.

First off, Silent Winter was addressing me.

Second, not too sure why people get so upset about personal preferences of gameplay. I clearly stated I A) would like to easily mod the game, and B) would remove fast traveling for my personal gameplay, and C) would like to mod in respawning of creatures of areas over time. I really don't see what wanting to play like this is so outlandish, far-fetched, and irrational. My game play, my time, what I enjoy, for my personal use, IF we could easily mod this game.

~cheers~

First off, Silent Winter was addressing me.

Second, not too sure why people get so upset about personal preferences of gameplay. I clearly stated I A) would like to easily mod the game, and B) would remove fast traveling for my personal gameplay, and C) would like to mod in respawning of creatures of areas over time. I really don't see what wanting to play like this is so outlandish, far-fetched, and irrational. My game play, my time, what I enjoy, for my personal use, IF we could easily mod this game.

~cheers~

Re-treading ground with respawns included makes it more interesting - personally don't have the time to play like that, but if you're roleplaying your way across Eora and want to have those adventures along the way, have at it - no doubt there are others who'd enjoy those mods.

• Like 1

Re-treading ground with respawns included makes it more interesting - personally don't have the time to play like that, but if you're roleplaying your way across Eora and want to have those adventures along the way, have at it - no doubt there are others who'd enjoy those mods.

Aye, my original reply was this...

...but somewhere along the way it became out of context then went off the rails. ha!

...but somewhere along the way it became out of context then went off the rails. ha!

My bad I think. I noticed the fast travel thing and didn't associate it with the respawning enemies thing. That said, even without respawning enemies if you wanted to make a mod to enforce no fast travel for yourself then that's cool by me. Sorry if my original post about it came across as confrontational.

My bad I think. I noticed the fast travel thing and didn't associate it with the respawning enemies thing. That said, even without respawning enemies if you wanted to make a mod to enforce no fast travel for yourself then that's cool by me. Sorry if my original post about it came across as confrontational.

I don't mind, though my entire purpose of that post was about easy modding and not so much what we'll do with it. I'll admit I get a little envious of those programmers that can make stuff like IEMod and I simply just don't get it, or can't find somewhere to start and when I do it's overwhelming. I have so many ideas on how I'd like to have my 2nd experience of gameplay with PoE; I usually leave the first play through as God--I mean the Devs--intended. (Side note: I've been programming since the mid-80's and was my livelihood througout the 90's; these days though I'm usually lost UNLESS there's solid documentation)

The Oasis, and 2 companions as far as I know. I think the Pat Rothfuss companion was one of the cut ones, but we don't know for sure. Or that I've seen at least.

Also the Italian language.

Indeed. I stopped reading before I got there. I was pretty livid.