Xoti can't come closer! .. however it seems like currently around 20% of the total backers of the total 77K of the first PoE. where has all the backers gone? are they aware of this KS? or was it there was something that they dislike and decided not to back it? for me there's one noticeable biggest disappointment that Obsidian has done. and it keep my morale darn low without much motiviation in backing.

It's day 24 of what, 29, 30, and this is on Fig, not Kickstarter, so is going to lose a huge bunch of people due to that. Plus Paypal isn't in yet.

The interesting thing this time is that people are backing for a higher average. We have 16k backers and 1.7m, so over $100 average. With 77k backers and what, $3.9m or something, it was a much lower per-backer average.

I expect the total will inevitably be lower than 77k, given this isn't Kickstarter and isn't 2012, and the market for trad CRPGs is no longer kind of starved, but I also expect there will be a big rush of people in the last day or two.

really? that kind of sad to hear. why is no longer starved? basically there's only ONE RTwP game in the market!. This is a gem. I don't want to mention how bad Dragon Age has gone to different direction.. but i hope PoE is not following their footsteps. I hope at least 70-80% of it's backer to return and that will be great. but i'm really interested to know where have they gone. i really hope they will return.

Xoti can't come closer! .. however it seems like currently around 20% of the total backers of the total 77K of the first PoE. where has all the backers gone? are they aware of this KS? or was it there was something that they dislike and decided not to back it? for me there's one noticeable biggest disappointment that Obsidian has done. and it keep my morale darn low without much motiviation in backing.

I know a few people who don't want to use FIG, but who will buy the game once it is released or will use a Paypal solution if there is one.

I'm not sure what's the reason. I heard Feargus is one of the investor of Fig as well?

People don't want to use Fig (for some reason), Kickstarter is more popular and has more exposure, PayPal option isn't available yet and the biggest Kickstarting craze has died since the 1st game. People were throwing money at pretty much everything at one point.

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

Another thing for "Where did all backers go?" is that Pillars 1's initial goal was an RPG to its barest bones. There was like 6 classes, 3 races, much fewer companions etc. People wanted a "full rpg", Now it seems we'll get a somewhat "full RPG" no matter what at this point, some people could have decided buy it at release instead.

Its still early, tho, today was really slow but it could pick up with some vid updates/q&a stream and new stretch goals. And current state is by no means "low" its already better than WL3's campaign. And while I was writing this, Xoti joined the fray.

• Like 3

*Happy dance* .. anyone interested in the AI party scripting? TBH i'm one who is least likes about it. I basically play microing all my party characters!.

Also.. should they do the $30+ tier? Maybe there will be more folks looking for that tier?

Edited by Archaven

*Happy dance* .. anyone interested in the AI party scripting? TBH i'm one who is least likes about it. I basically play microing all my party characters!.

I am with you, but this could give the game a more broad appeal and can easily be ignored by us. It is one of the better parts of DAO, imho, and having it here is a good addition whether or not I care about it.

• Like 2

I am with you, but this could give the game a more broad appeal and can easily be ignored by us. It is one of the better parts of DAO, imho, and having it here is a good addition whether or not I care about it.

It shouldn't be a stretch goal to start with :p. Might as well leave room for "better" stretch goals such as *ahem* romance  :dancing:

*Happy dance* .. anyone interested in the AI party scripting? 

I am. I'll prolly use it to a limited degree in my first playthrough but prolly have fun with it more later. 

What I don't like is that it specifically says "for companions". I hope player/controlled character could be AI controlled also like in Pillars 1 and unlike in Tyranny.

In Dragon Age Origins it was also restricting like that but some mods expanded it to the controlled character as well as fixing/enhancing its whole functionality.

• Like 2

It shouldn't be a stretch goal to start with :p. Might as well leave room for "better" stretch goals such as *ahem* romance  :dancing:

I'm a neutral party in the Romance landscape. I can give or take it either way. I'd prefer more C&C, better skill system (which we are getting), and I'm pretty psyched about subclasses and multiclassing. I also want something more in depth in the Stronghold department, and I expect we're getting a ship (what it does in the game other than facilitating travel we don't know). Although, romance has some implications to having deeper companion relationships, that can also be obtained without romance. To each their own, though.

AI scripts are a pretty big undertaking, and I definitely understand why it's a stretch goal. It was frequently requested during the first game's development and beta periods. I am a micro guy, but I understand some people wanting a more laid back approach to playing.

I am. I'll prolly use it to a limited degree in my first playthrough but prolly have fun with it more later. 

What I don't like is that it specifically says "for companions". I hope player/controlled character could be AI controlled also like in Pillars 1 and unlike in Tyranny.

In Dragon Age Origins it was also restricting like that but some mods expanded it to the controlled character as well as fixing/enhancing its whole functionality.

I don't think they'll do that. It basically just watch how your party fights and not fighting yourself  :facepalm:

I microed all characters in PoE1 and liked it. Even more if I had to micro only 4 of them, and 2 were supporting on auto-pilot.

While in Dragon Age series, I microed mostly my main character, with the party members having set strict orders via tactics.

To answer your question: yeap, I am interested in AI party scripting if it is flexible enough and allows to cover most of situations for casual (trash) fights, especially buff/debuff openers, alpha-striking, emergency heals, and leaving dangerous AoEs when not engaged. That's the minimum required. Otherwise... there would be not so much use for it.

Also it would be nice if it would be modable, or at least have clean and legible structure in the game files.

Edited by MaxQuest

I don't think they'll do that. It basically just watch how your party fights and not fighting yourself  :facepalm:

Well, you can do that in Pillars atm.

Seems like more disappointing goals for me again :( .. plus i'm not sure how many days more we can even hit 2M.

There are 3 updates not related to stretch goals this week. Feargus told me on Fig that one was today (which may be the twitch stream at 4PM PST), one tomorrow, and one Thursday or Friday (I can't remember). We don't know a lot about this game.

Skills have been overhauled, but we don't know to what extent.

Classes have been changed because of multiclassing and subclasses, and we have no real details. I expect some classes may see fairly extensive overhauls. Chanters have issues on lower difficulties getting enough phrases stacks to use their invocations in the first game, for instance. I'd like this remedied.

We know there is a Stronghold, but have zero details.

We know we have changes to how spells interact, but only a few examples.

As we get more details we will probably get some reluctant backers, people will up pledges, etc. I also expect they will have some more articles in the next few months to shore up attention.

• Like 1

NPC portraits is super great. It was one of may main complains for Pillars 1. Hope the stretch goal is reached.

If not mistaken it mentioned about "water color" NPC portraits? I'm not sure how it fits to the general artistic feel. Is PoE2 this time around became too cartoony?

NPC portraits is super great. It was one of may main complains for Pillars 1. Hope the stretch goal is reached.

If not mistaken it mentioned about "water color" NPC portraits? I'm not sure how it fits to the general artistic feel. Is PoE2 this time around became too cartoony?

It depends on the UI color palette imho. With this having a Pirate theme I'd expect lighter wood tones on the UI vs PoE1, and those portraits would look pretty good if that's the case. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, though. My artistic sensibility gets more and more rusty as I get older for lack of stretching those muscles.

2eb5ylk.png

With Xoti onboard, the next goal is up. I like the portrait part. It's not something I find important, but kinda cool. Personally I'm abit underwhelmed by AI into UI goals just after eachother. But Italian is very nice. :)

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 1

They showed example of the new portraits in the 4th update, it match the art style used in the "scripted events" of the first game and the start of the trailer on FIG (when the statue free itself).

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I expect they have weighted the more interesting goals at the beginning and end of their campaign. So, we saw Multiclassing and Subclasses right off the bat, and we will probably see more interesting goals from $2.4m or $2.6m on. This needs to avoid the bloat of the first campaign with things like a second major city and Caed Nua of course. They are using the least interesting goals and localization to try and string the campaign along at a steady pace. A new localization with every goal isn't a bad idea from their perspective. I expect Chinese to be at $2.4m, but it may be later. They are probably doing it based on sales in these areas, and alternating between a smaller demographic to a larger one.

• Like 4

as we already contributed, the stretch goals is intriguing but m00t.  even so, we agree with ganrich in that we believe obsidian will save a few special goals as we get near the end.  as long as it appears a steady stream o' pledges is being added, obsidian will largely makes "stretch goals" which they were no doubt planning/desiring to have added from the start regardless.  real wish list kinda stuff will be near the end o' the campaign when we see another predictable increase in pledges.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 6

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)