The visual representation of the 2m dollar goal. Not sure if the game won't have AI if that isn't reached, I hope not. But nice to see spanish! Arriba, arriba, Andale, Andale! ^_^

2jcsi8p.png

Where are you getting this from?  :skeptical:

Don't see it on Fig.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Where are you getting this from?  :skeptical:

Don't see it on Fig.

It is from fig, but you may need to refresh page.

As for stretch goals, they seem to be very safe, however there are some improvments in base 1,1m (graphic, dynamic lighting, weather).

Player AI scripting for companions added. (2m)

For me it is a no-goal, certainly already planned.

It is the same system than NWN 2 ? So, control all possibilities of automatic actions ? (puppet mode or AI script in short ?)

Good thing for the Spanish.

That kinda suxs.. i was hoping they have more interesting goals.

I take this as a good sign - they've already started work on the game and have all the good stuff planned anyway (we've seen they've got things like dynamic weather, interactive environments (to a point), etc)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

It is the same system than NWN 2 ? So, control all possibilities of automatic actions ? (puppet mode or AI script in short ?)

I take this as a good sign - they've already started work on the game and have all the good stuff planned anyway (we've seen they've got things like dynamic weather, interactive environments (to a point), etc)

For me those are not really important? If weather can play a role in combat ala Divinity Original Sins, then it's not going to help combat.. it's something "random". For example rain during the combat. Or the direction of the wind (maybe increase the spread of fire and damage?). Then  one can argue about these mechanics can be incorporated to the spells/skills which is true.. but then you don't need dynamic weather. In DOS  you can cast a rain spell and also a whirlwind/tornado that interacts with the environment. Also i'm one who actually against day/night cycle. Some are were handcrafted to have the feel of brightness/darkness and with day/night cycle it could actually ruin it IMO. That's why i think many prefer 2D handcrafted background as opposed to 3D.. which they actually have a point.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=244#updates

This gives you the power to preset combat AI for Wizards, Priests, and Ciphers based on a variety of gameplay conditions. We plan on having this feature work for multi-classed characters as well, and we will have more details about the look of the UI very soon.

I don't get this. Why only Wizards, Priests and Ciphers? Or is this some kinda typo? 

Edit: Nvm, my mistake, need sleep.

Edited by Quillon

For me those are not really important? If weather can play a role in combat ala Divinity Original Sins, then it's not going to help combat.. it's something "random". For example rain during the combat. Or the direction of the wind (maybe increase the spread of fire and damage?). Then  one can argue about these mechanics can be incorporated to the spells/skills which is true.. but then you don't need dynamic weather. In DOS  you can cast a rain spell and also a whirlwind/tornado that interacts with the environment. Also i'm one who actually against day/night cycle. Some are were handcrafted to have the feel of brightness/darkness and with day/night cycle it could actually ruin it IMO. That's why i think many prefer 2D handcrafted background as opposed to 3D.. which they actually have a point.

I like the tactical variety of having to compensate for different kinds of environments, and don't stand too near the barrels of gunpowder, but use one of the switch-place skills/spells to put your enemies there.

Day/Night cycle helps with the immersion for me.  Visiting the same place at different times can help create different atmosphere.  Obsidian have proven themselves good at designing environments that work.  If something needs to be dark, they'll put it inside / underground.  Or have it occur at a certain time of night.

As for the rest - they're building on what they already had from PoE(1), so a lot is already done.  They simply don't need stretch goals for too many things beyond gameplay improvements like AI.

What would you be more interested in as a stretch goal?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

You know, now we have it confirmed I'm not sure I want it any more (I'm just some contrarian I realise).  I love cloaks and all, but sometimes I preferred a character not wearing cloaks because I liked the look of the armour with the cloak or because they made the character look too fancy for who they were, so sticking a necklace on allowed for this variation.  I'm just being a fracking contrarian, ignore me, I'm sure I'll be loving the cloaks flapping in the wind soon enough and Edna E Mode can shove it. :D

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

You know, now we have it confirmed I'm not sure I want it any more (I'm just some contrarian I realise).  I love cloaks and all, but sometimes I preferred a character not wearing cloaks because I liked the look of the armour with the cloak or because they made the character look too fancy for who they were, so sticking a necklace on allowed for this variation.  I'm just being a fracking contrarian, ignore me, I'm sure I'll be loving the cloaks flapping in the wind soon enough and Edna E Mode can shove it. :D

This may be interesting to you:

We're planning on a helmet toggle and (lower priority) cloak toggle.

Source: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807509&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=28

• Like 2

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

This may be interesting to you:

We're planning on a helmet toggle and (lower priority) cloak toggle.

Source: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807509&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=28

But I always feel wrong and cheaty when I use the toggles!  Why can't they just make the game to match my exact specifications? :p  I'm sure I'll love 'em, especially since they have upped the weather effects so hopefully they'll flap in an amazingly heroic manner!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

You'll love when cloaks blowing in the wind will leave glimpse of the shining armour. :yes:

• Like 1

Bandit of the Obsidian Order
image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
animaliacustici.tumblr.com

You'll love when cloaks blowing in the wind will leave glimpse of the shining armour. :yes:

Damn right I will!  Though mine will probably be less shining and more rusty. ;)

• Like 1

Damn right I will!  Though mine will probably be less shining and more rusty. ;)

Suddenly I feel the need to see more pictures of the new 3d models. o:):lol:
  • Like 1

Bandit of the Obsidian Order
image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
animaliacustici.tumblr.com

Suddenly I feel the need to see more pictures of the new 3d models. o:):lol:

You and me both! :dancing:  A part of me hopes they implement the armour getting worn out over time they had planned back when they were going to do durability on equipment (though without the durability system of course as that went down as well as a ton of bricks with people sadly).  Perhaps instead link it to Health, so there's another visual cue for when you should really really rest up?

• Like 1

Xoti can't come closer! .. however it seems like currently around 20% of the total backers of the total 77K of the first PoE. where has all the backers gone? are they aware of this KS? or was it there was something that they dislike and decided not to back it? for me there's one noticeable biggest disappointment that Obsidian has done. and it keep my morale darn low without much motiviation in backing.

Xoti can't come closer! .. however it seems like currently around 20% of the total backers of the total 77K of the first PoE. where has all the backers gone? are they aware of this KS? or was it there was something that they dislike and decided not to back it? for me there's one noticeable biggest disappointment that Obsidian has done. and it keep my morale darn low without much motiviation in backing.

It's day 24 of what, 29, 30, and this is on Fig, not Kickstarter, so is going to lose a huge bunch of people due to that. Plus Paypal isn't in yet.

The interesting thing this time is that people are backing for a higher average. We have 16k backers and 1.7m, so over $100 average. With 77k backers and what, $3.9m or something, it was a much lower per-backer average.

I expect the total will inevitably be lower than 77k, given this isn't Kickstarter and isn't 2012, and the market for trad CRPGs is no longer kind of starved, but I also expect there will be a big rush of people in the last day or two.

• Like 1

I know a few people who don't want to use FIG, but who will buy the game once it is released or will use a Paypal solution if there is one.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.