anyone getting worried? not even 1.6 yet.. xoti seems far reach  :sweat: .. we need reinforcements from the original backers  :bow:

Meh, there's like almost one month till campaign's end. No need to worry. Yet :p

Not that I think campaign's going slow but Obs should do vid updates instead of write-ups, they were very good for Pillars 1 campaign. 

Also if the teases about Fallout 1 like open-world structure true, they should TELL it. 

Edited by Quillon

Not that I think campaign's going slow but Obs should do vid updates instead of write-ups, they were very good for Pillars 1 campaign. 

Also if the teases about Fallout 1 like open-world structure true, they should TELL it. 

I think the teases about the open-world game weren't about PoE2, but I totally agree with you on the video updates. I would really love to see an in-depth analysis of multiclassing and/or subclasses made by Josh, with some new pictures, snippets etc.

I'm not worried the slightest bit about the campaign slowing down: it's already successful and I'm sure it will hit a lot of stretch goals; hopefully we'll get the 8th companion like in the first game.

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

anyone getting worried? not even 1.6 yet.. xoti seems far reach  :sweat: .. we need reinforcements from the original backers  :bow:

Meh, there's like almost one month till campaign's end. No need to worry. Yet :p

I'll be pledging a bit later but i seriously hope they re-consider for 6 party characters :(. Still cant decide between premium digital or digital download. It's gonna cost me a lot of money as i'm not from US.

Edited by Archaven

I didn't even back it yet nor did I invest (which I will do). I guess there are a lot of people like me, not rushing things if they don't need to.

If I wasn't building a (damn too expensive) house at the moment I even would consider to invest a huge amount. I think the risk of loosing your money is quite low - and what else to do with your money? Deposit rates are near 0 atm here in Germany.

I don't quite understand how the invest work. Minimum per share cost $1000. And correct me if i'm wrong.. to break even they need to sell at least 600K copies? So dividend only come later when it sells more copies? I'm not quite sure how it works.. but i'm only interested in pledging though.

No I'm not worried at all. Look how all the other large scale video game crowdfunding campaigns have played out and you can guess that this will be very similar.

There's an initial huge spike in pledges, raking in about a quarter of the end result within the first 24 hours or so, then a rapid drop off over the next 2 or 3 days. Then there's a slow drip over the majority of the campaign with very occasional (small) spikes when there's some media attention. Towards the end there's another rallying and donations increase again during the last week or so with another spike  on the last day. That's more or less how all the big, very successful campaigns (Double Fine Adventure, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Torment, and I guess also the recent Wasteland 3 and Psychonauts 2 campaigns... even though I haven't followed them very closely, so I'm not sure) have played out and I bet this one will play out like this as well.

So my prediction is we will end up with something between 4 and 5 million and will obliterate quite a few more stretch goals on the way.

Edited by mumbogumshoe
  • Like 3

No I'm not worried at all. Look like all the other large scale video game crowdfunding campaigns have played out and you can guess that this will be very similar.

There's an initial huge spike in pledges, raking in about a quarter of the end result within the first 24 hours or so, then a rapid drop off over the next 2 or 3 days. Then there's a slow drip over the majority of the campaign with very occasional (small) spikes when there's some media attention. Towards the end there's another rallying and donations increase again during the last week or so with another spike that gets close to the first day on the last day. That's more or less how all the big, very successful campaigns (Double Fine Adventure, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Torment, and I guess also the recent Wasteland 3 and Psychonauts 2 campaigns... even though I haven't followed them very closely, so I'm not sure) have played out and I bet this one will play out like this as well.

So my prediction is we will end up with something between 4 and 5 million and will obliterate quite a few more stretch goals on the way.

This is accurate. The only exception to the rule that I know of is Star Citizen, but it's the WoW of Crowdfunding. So, it's more an aberration than anything.

• Like 4

What you also have to remember is that the 77,000 backers were across ALL donation platforms, including Slacker Backers as well as donating straight through the PoE portal. A drop off in the rate of donations like this is totally expected and will be factored in.

As someone said up above, I can easily see PoE2 hitting the originals crowdfunding total once the Paypal option opens up.

• Like 2

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

Why should they lean towards male? It would be great if we have more female characters this time around?

Because there was no male dwarf companion in PoE1. Plus I think it might be a mountain dwarf.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

No I'm not worried at all. Look how all the other large scale video game crowdfunding campaigns have played out and you can guess that this will be very similar.

There's an initial huge spike in pledges, raking in about a quarter of the end result within the first 24 hours or so, then a rapid drop off over the next 2 or 3 days. Then there's a slow drip over the majority of the campaign with very occasional (small) spikes when there's some media attention. Towards the end there's another rallying and donations increase again during the last week or so with another spike  on the last day. That's more or less how all the big, very successful campaigns (Double Fine Adventure, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Torment, and I guess also the recent Wasteland 3 and Psychonauts 2 campaigns... even though I haven't followed them very closely, so I'm not sure) have played out and I bet this one will play out like this as well.

5 million is a bit of a stretch.  The first 3 days are normally something like 35 to 45 percent of the total, we'll probably see more pledges on Monday because it's a non-weekend.  

I'm still waiting for my coupon from backing PoE, the addition of paypal and the announcement which tiers include a potential add-on that will most likely be a stretch goal further down the road.

However, unless its the only way to net me the expansions, I won't buy another CE this time. My CE arrived 2 months after release of the game because I live in europe, and by that time I already completed the game. I can't justify the additional expenses if the materials are not even here when I want to use them, and the delay really felt like being shown the finger at that time.

Original backer here.  I'm still waiting to see the additional stretch goals before opening my wallet.  I'm sure I'll get flak for saying this, but the current stretch goals are not even remotely exciting.  Combine that with the fact that our party size is being reduced to 5 when 6 was already restricting in PoE1 and none of our items carry over from PoE1 to PoE2 for "reasons."  Yeah the keep was crushed, what about the equipment on the watcher, all the companions, items sold to merchants etc.  It ALL disappeared?  Yeah.. no.

"They would be to powerful" is not a legitimate excuse.  Introduce the items in a [broken] state if Obsidian must, so that we can restore them later in the game but if this is truly going to be the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate 2, then we should be able to transfer over some or a few of the items we acquired in the first game. 

Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in DA:O style party AI, as a stretch goal?

It was a great feeling, controlling mostly your MC but still have your team act as a single unit.

• Like 1

If I wasn't building a (damn too expensive) house at the moment I even would consider to invest a huge amount. I think the risk of loosing your money is quite low - and what else to do with your money? Deposit rates are near 0 atm here in Germany.

That's fun. I'm also building a house at the moment, I'm also living in Germany and I also had the exact same thoughts as you just an hour ago. I even thought for a moment, if it was a good idea to get a KfW-Credit, invest all the money into Pillars and pay back the credit when the money comes back. :)

• Like 3

---

We're all doomed

That's fun. I'm also building a house at the moment, I'm also living in Germany and I also had the exact same thoughts as you just an hour ago. I even thought for a moment, if it was a good idea to get a KfW-Credit, invest all the money into Pillars and pay back the credit when the money comes back. :)

Only for a brief moment I hope. Just imagine the game flops. Intimidating KfW debt collector bullies at your door. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods