While I'm bidding my time to pledge and absolutely will for beta access I'm not that enthusiastic about the latest Stretch Goal. Level cap being raised (16 to 18) also raises the question if it's necessary. Does having the cap higher mean there's going to be more content or will our character just be overpowered for the current content. More levels is fun when getting a new level but after you got your abilities and new stats what's the point if they felt level 16 was the correct level cap in the first place to keep the game challenging?

E: the next goal I do like: a new companion; I was more expecting this (Companions) or new areas, or extended dungeons and more lore, additional side quests, more challenge settings, etc.

Edited by Rolandur

Xoti is a Priest/Monk. Does that mean she's not  customizable like Eder or Aloth? Or simply means her first class must be a priest, and the second one she can multi-class any?

No, it means her first level needs to be in priest or in class monk, your choosing. Afterwards, you can level her up in whatever class you want (the first or a new one), although I suspect that you can only have 2 classes at most, so the decision between priest and monk will be important.

For Eder its the same, only with Fighter/Rogue instead. Aloth does not have this choice for his first class, he is just locked into wizard, but can freely choose another class for multiclassing afterwards.

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 1

Xoti is a Priest/Monk. Does that mean she's not  customizable like Eder or Aloth? Or simply means her first class must be a priest, and the second one she can multi-class any?

That's actually a really interesting question... How is this going to work with re-rolling a character, will that be back as a possibility? Makes me wonder how multiclassing is actually going to work in the end, if you can just chose another class on level-up or if you're locked into a particular multi-class combination from the start...

No, it means her first level needs to be in priest or in the class monk, your choosing. Afterwards, you can level her up in whatever you want, although I suspect that you can only have 2 classes at most, so the decision between priest and monk will be important.

For Eder its the same, only with Fighter/Rogue instead. Aloth does not have this choice for his first class, its just locked into wizard.

Do you know this? Makes sense to me but I haven't come across information on how multiclassing is going to work exactly...

Edited by mumbogumshoe

If Xoti is the 7th companion, then who's the sixth one? I'm only counting 5 companions on the official artwork.

Might the bird (in the ship image) count? It appears as if part of the party in that image. :alienani:

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

The sixth companion is actually the Grieving Mother and is hardcoded as permanent. She's taking up the 6th active companion slot except that nobody can sense her. Not the player character, not the other companions, not the enemies, and not you.

• Like 12

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

The Companion 7 could be Eoathas, exept it is a spoiler players should not know before release.

During beta on the first title... people dug out the companion info via its files. I fully expect that to happen again. So, avoiding those spoilers may be a chore.

This is definitely a possibility, though.

I'm guessing these are quick notes by Sawyer to clarify some things about stretch goals and faq. I think/hope we'll get meaty video updates explaining thing in depth in the week(s) to come.

I asked Feargus about videos similar to the ones they did during the first game's campaign. He said that the flu was going around, and it's hitting the studio, but they definitely plan on those types of videos when people are feeling better. He mentioned Josh specifically should be doing some vids before too long.

The seventh companion will be a dwarf.

Here's what we know and my forecast:

1. Confirmed: Human no 1 - Eder - male - fighter/rogue
  2. Confirmed: Human no 2 - Xoti - female - priest/monk
  3. Confirmed: Goldike - Pallegina - female - paladin
  4. Confirmed: Elf - Aloth - male - wizard
  5. Confirmed: Orlan - dual-wielding gunner - male - hell if I know
  6. Confirmed: Aumaua - girl with the bird - female - ranger
  7. Mayhap: Dwarf - male - barb perhaps?

Also I think that the dwarf will be male because:

• there are 3 males and 3 females confirmed, so they will probably lean toward male
  • orlan companion from PoE1 was male and here the orlan also appears to be male, so in order to differentiate it a little they won't to that with a dwarf (female Sagani), and change the dwarven companion into a male this time around
Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

The seventh companion will be a dwarf.

Here's what we know and my forecast:

1. Confirmed: Human no 1 - Eder - male - fighter/rogue
  2. Confirmed: Human no 2 - Xoti - female - priest/monk
  3. Confirmed: Goldike - Pallegina - female - paladin
  4. Confirmed: Elf - Aloth - male - wizard
  5. Confirmed: Orlan - dual-wielding gunner - male - hell if I know
  6. Confirmed: Aumaua - girl with the bird - female - ranger
  7. Mayhap: Dwarf - male - barb perhaps?

Also I think that the dwarf will be male because:

• there are 3 males and 3 females confirmed, so they will probably lean toward male
  • orlan companion from PoE1 was male and here the orlan also appears to be male, so in order to differentiate it a little they won't to that with a dwarf (female Sagani), and change the dwarven companion into a male this time around

Why should they lean towards male? It would be great if we have more female characters this time around?

• Like 1

Stretch goal: make it so that you can hire custom char builds from other players.

Described here:

What I would really really like is an "official" option (no mods) where you can build adventurers like the official companions - with char model, starting stats and equipment, a background story, maybe even voice and custom banter and so on and share it with the rest of the community. I mean it's easy to import custom portraits. Would be nice if this could be done with custom builds, too. Just drop them into a folder and they appear in the game - maybe in an inn or besides the generic hireling.

Or make it so that you can choose hirelings from an online source, hosted by OBS. Would make hiring adventurers way more interesting.

It would make developing class builds a lot of fun. I mean even more than now. ;)

They could even include reference letters from former employers (aka rating). ;)

Make this stretch goal and I'll be superhappy.

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I didn't even back it yet nor did I invest (which I will do). I guess there are a lot of people like me, not rushing things if they don't need to.

If I wasn't building a (damn too expensive) house at the moment I even would consider to invest a huge amount. I think the risk of loosing your money is quite low - and what else to do with your money? Deposit rates are near 0 atm here in Germany.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

anyone getting worried? not even 1.6 yet.. xoti seems far reach  :sweat: .. we need reinforcements from the original backers  :bow:

I'm having to wait til next month to get some money together - will be backing before the deadline though ;)

Stretch goals good so far for me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: