There are fewer people pledging this time around but the average amount pledged seems to be higher. Also we have the investors who make up nearly 50% of the total at the moment. In terms of money, this campaign is slightly ahead of the PoE1 campaign.

If the pattern established in all the other large scale kickstarts campaigns holds, we'll see a huge initial influx of funds on the 1st day (which we have seen), a rapid drop of new pledges in days 2-3 (which we are seeing right now), then it will flatline on a low level, somewhere around 10.000-30.000 a day for about 3 weeks, and then we'll have a rush towards the end with another spike not as large as on the 1st but close on the last day. Nothing I've seen so far makes me think that this time it'll be different so I'm guessing based in the somewhat higher first day influx that the whole campaign will raise a bit more money than the first one but not by a lot. Maybe we'll see about 5m this time around.

Edited by mumbogumshoe

I would like to see romance added. As a stretch goal if not in the base game.

I feel that this is one of the things that brought Baldur's Gate II to a higher level than Baldur's Gate.

I think it would do the same for Pillars.

I'm all for this too. I thought they would finally announce this as one  of the core features. The dynamic weather and day night cycle, is it that interesting to be honest? Some places meant to be bright and some meant to be dark for the feel. So the day/night cycle may actually break that. Also.. the weather system, it could possibly a performance hogger. Many games when it rains, seems to affect the frame rate.

Edited by Archaven

Seventh companion? 3 returning ones which means only 3 new companions? That's quite little :(. And another one through stretch goals.

If that means more fleshed out companions, I'm all for it.

Both Josh and Adam has uttered wishes about fewer but deeper companions. Let's hope a few of the early goals will be atleast a few more thou.

Looks like they won't feature one companion for each class, but cover the classes with two class options for some of the companions.

We have 6 companions now, and I don't think the stretch goals will include 5 additional companions. Since it seems like you can multiclass them freely after a semi-predefined first class, imho, there doesn't seem to be the need for each class to be represented anyway.

• Like 2

I'm ok with the number of companions so far. I'm guessing we'll see at least one more as a stretch goal during the campaign, then we have 8 which is as many as we had in vanilla PoE. Given that the party size has been reduced to 5, I'm totally fine with that (even if they leave it at 7). Fewer but deeper companions sounds good to me too, even though I found the PoE companions to be deep enough. They could give them more extensive and interesting personal quests though, that'd be cool.

I like that they're raising the level cap but what I'd really like them to do is make the levelling process itself a bit slower. One of the more annoying things for me in PoE was hitting the level cap well before the end of the game. That always takes the wind out of my sails in an RPG. I don't just want to advance the story, I want to get stronger!

Edited by mumbogumshoe
  • Like 3

I'm ok with the number of companions so far. I'm guessing we'll see at least one more as a stretch goal during the campaign, then we have 8 which is as many as we had in vanilla PoE. Given that the party size has been reduced to 5, I'm totally fine with that (even if they leave it at 7). Fewer but deeper companions sounds good to me too, even though I found the PoE companions to be deep enough. They could give them more extensive and interesting personal quests though, that'd be cool.

I like that they're raising the level cap but what I'd really like them to do is make the levelling process itself a bit slower. One of the more annoying things for me in PoE was hitting the level cap well before the end of the game. That always takes the wind out of my sails in an RPG. I don't just want to advance the story, I want to get stronger!

I hope you are not forgetting 3 of them are returning ones. If 7 are all new excluding Eder, Aloth and Pallegina.. i'm all good. But i don't think that's the case.

I'm surprised they're not doing one of each class again.  Out of the classes, we're missing:

Barbarian
Chanter
Cipher 
Druid 

And we probably have these and one more:

Monk - Xoti
Priest - Xoti

Paladin - Pallegina
Ranger  - The woman with the parrot in the concept art

Fighter - Eder possible build
Rogue  - Eder possible build / (Blueface the Orlan? He might be a cipher)
Wizard  - Aloth

I'll bet they have two more characters planned for stretchgoals.  A barbarian druid, and a chanter or cipher; Blueface is probably a cipher if I had to guess.

Edited by anameforobsidian

I hope you are not forgetting 3 of them are returning ones. If 7 are all new excluding Eder, Aloth and Pallegina.. i'm all good. But i don't think that's the case.

I'm not forgetting that. I'm ok with it as well. I liked the companions from PoE for the most part and I'm ok with seeing them again. It's gonna be a new story, new developments but I'm happy that it's a continualtion of PoE not a completely new one. I know some people don't like that so much but I do, and as I want to see how my choices in PoE play out I want to see what goes on with my old companions.

I'm surprised they're not doing one of each class again.

Don't forget we only had one of each class after 2 expansions. We may well get another companion as a later stretch goal, then there are as many as we had in vanilla PoE. If they don't introduce new classes (which I'd find interesting) we may well end up with one of each class again.

Edited by mumbogumshoe
  • Like 1

I really like that concept of class options for companions.

In PoE1, it was very useful to have a priest around; unfortunately, the only priest available was Durance, and I couldn't stand Durance for more than one play-through. Which left me with having a hired adventurer without personality, or playing one myself (which I did, and a priest of Eothas, which will hopefully get more interesting this time around).

Now, I have a bit of choice and can actually take companions based on personality, not just abilities. That's a very good step forward. (Well, BG2 mods have been there a decade ago, but you get the point. :D)

So as long as you can cover all possible classes with the available companions, they're fine.

Edited by Varana
  • Like 2

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

I'm surprised they're not doing one of each class again.  Out of the classes, we're missing:

Barbarian

Chanter

Cipher 

Druid 

And we probably have these and one more:

Monk - Xoti

Priest - Xoti

Paladin - Pallegina

Ranger  - The woman with the parrot in the concept art

Fighter - Eder possible build

Rogue  - Eder possible build / (Blueface the Orlan? He might be a cipher)

Wizard  - Aloth

I'll bet they have two more characters planned for stretchgoals.  A barbarian druid, and a chanter or cipher; Blueface is probably a cipher if I had to guess.

That's a good list!

I also think that they will feature an uneven number of single class characters and some with two possible starting classes.

It all probably boils down to where the split is:

3 single + 4 dual seems the most likely, but there might be a slight chance for 5 single + 3 dual

I'd be surprised if they choose the classes in a way that there is overlap between possible starting classes the characters.

However, if they went with 3/4, that would mean that Xoti is the only companion stretch goal. Given that the campaign will last longer, that seems unlikely as well, so don't know what they'll come up with there.

i hope a stretch goal for audio localisation :

So much this.

I'd love to make the first playthrough with Russian localization. But if it would be text only - reading one thing and hearing another - would be a nuisance, so would just revert to English.

As for stretch goals, it would be great to have some sort of property management, at least akin to NWN2 Crossroad Keep, where you had multiple mutually-exclusive upgrade options, which you could tailor under own needs.

Another goal could be "enchant crafting system" similar to Tyranny's "spell crafting system".

Each weapon having a certain enchant-capacity. Each enchant having a capacity cost. A new skill "enchantment" being able to a bit decrease these costs; so a skillful enchanter could squeeze in a more powerful combination of effects.

Edited by MaxQuest