I dont want Obsidian to blow dev time on a half assed turn based mode, and I REALLY dont want them blowing time and money on a fully functional turn based mode. It could be done well given enough time, but that much time for a feature that doesn't really fit the spirit of the POE franchise seems impractical, or a waste of resources.

Yeah I think the biggest issue is that even if you got a fully-working turn-based mode for Pillars working, it'd be a lot of effort to create a mode that, for most turn of most character, you'd just be pressing "next turn" and letting them keep casting that multi-turn-cast-time spell or keep swinging away with auto-attacks.

I dont want Obsidian to blow dev time on a half assed turn based mode,

Nobody does.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Depending on how the combat is programmed and what sorts of physical changes Obsidian does to it... any possibility that the "Auto-Pause" Options gets enhanced enough that you pretty much "get" a Turn-Based mode? (Auto-Pause Options = Psuedo-Turn-Based, but if Obsidian manages to or have time for it, they could probably create a fully functional Turn-Based mode without the "psuedo").

​Use Attack Speed or Movement Speed as the "Initiative" and queue up characters and monsters in that queue. Casting spells/abilities/powers taking X amount of time depending on their casting time (e.g. 1-4 seconds = 1 turn, 5-8 seconds = 2 turns, etc.), and "duration" functioning the same~

​I prefer RTwP, but TB can be fun too.

​Shouldn't be a priority nor a stretch goal, only if Obsidian has time and will for it, imo.

Edited by Osvir

Considering this all began as "We want to make a classic IE game", removing RTwP seems fairly ridiculous.

As I've said previously, Wasteland 2, D:OS and T:TON all have perfectly functional turn-based systems. Let's keep our functional RTwP system in Deadfire.

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.