No update which informs about PoE2 through Kickstarter?

Well, as the title suggests I'm a bit baffled that there's no KS update about the launch of the new campaign. I'm pretty sure that some of those ~70000 backers don't know about the launch of the PoE2 campaign and might miss it entirely. Those people already backed Obsidian once and might do it again if they just knew about this crowdfunding campaign. Hopefully someone at Obsidian already noticed it and this is on their to do list for today. Otherwise this post might remind/inform them about it.

Which I suppose raises the question whether it is ethical to use the email delivery system of one platform to promote the usage and siphoning of business towards that of a direct competitor.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I got an e-mail today with a $5 discount code for the current crowdfunding campaign because I backed the last one. Did other people not get these?

I jumped right on in before I got the $5 discount code. Now I can't figure out how to use it? Perhaps cancel and try pledging again?

Hmm, I must have missed that email then.

Which I suppose raises the question whether it is ethical to use the email delivery system of one platform to promote the usage and siphoning of business towards that of a direct competitor.

Well, I suppose you're right. Havn't thought about that because inXile did it with Wasteland 3. I guess they could at least announce what they are doing without providing a direct link?

Have you checked your junk mail?

Found that email and one of the obsidian guys even replied to my tweet. They'll be doing a full update soon.

We posted a comment on the page and sent a newsletter out to all of the backers today. We'll do a full update soon! :)

• Like 1