Two unkown characters on ship?

Island aumaua with bird is a ranger. Wild orlan in white robe can be a monk.

If you look at image from Josh Sawyer presentation in Kraków  there are from right Pallegina, Eder, Aloth with Zahua and Sagani -- I mean paladin, fighter, wizard, monk and ranger. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58877228/Code_Europe_2016_Game_Programmers.pdf

Edited by White Phoenix

Monk with dual pistols? Either the monks in PoE:Deadfire are totally different or it's a rogue - subclass pirate.

I hope it's a priest, there always needs to be a priest for those who don't wanna play as priest themselves.

Edited by Aramintai

Monk with dual pistols? Either the monks in PoE:Deadfire are totally different or it's a rogue - subclass pirate.

I hope it's a priest, there needs to be a priest.

Pretty sure there will be a priest, I'm guessing there will be at least one of every class like in the first game.

This morning while I was having my morning coffee I watched the campaign launch trailer again because I didn't have anything better to do and I noticed in a few combat scenes that there was two other characters with Éder, Aloth and Pallegina; fire godlike and a lady with a red hair that looked like a human or an elf. I assume the other one was PC and the other one a possible companion but which one is which?

Pretty sure there will be a priest, I'm guessing there will be at least one of every class like in the first game.

This morning while I was having my morning coffee I watched the campaign launch trailer again because I didn't have anything better to do and I noticed in a few combat scenes that there was two other characters with Éder, Aloth and Pallegina; fire godlike and a lady with a red hair that looked like a human or an elf. I assume the other one was PC and the other one a possible companion but which one is which?

I hope we will have fewer companions this time with more substance. Seeing how party size is reduced as well it would make sense. PoE1 had too many shallow companions, larger half of whom were always sitting in stronghold anyway.

• Like 2

And so with the 1.8m stretch goal all my speculations about the number of companions were thrown out of the window. Oh well. 

I hope we will have fewer companions this time with more substance. Seeing how party size is reduced as well it would make sense. PoE1 had too many shallow companions, larger half of whom were always sitting in stronghold anyway.

And if 1.8m stretch goal is the seventh companion of the game, it is possible that Obsidian agrees with you.

And so with the 1.8m stretch goal all my speculations about the number of companions were thrown out of the window. Oh well. 

And if 1.8m stretch goal is the seventh companion of the game, it is possible that Obsidian agrees with you.

There were 8 companions with the core PoE game. We have 7 once we cross the $1.8 million stretch. I expect there will be another companion stretch goal over the course of the campaign (at least one more, and maybe more). That said, with party size reduced to 5, characters being able to be multi-classed, and so on they could get away with a little less because you only have space for four companions in a party and can more easily get them to cover roles that you need based on the companion's versatility.

I'd be fine with less companions, but I expect we will see more as stretch goals are met. I do hope they are a bit deeper than PoE1, though.

• Like 1

Devs confirmed on Fig there will be lesser amount of companions this time:

"Feargus

DEVELOPER

@LordCrash - So, we made the decision to put more into each companion than have more companions. It's something we have gravitated to over the years to make sure that companions do more in the game, and can change as well."

• Like 3

Can't say that's surprising given that they're dropping the party limit to 5 instead of 6.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Like I said, I'm all for the party limit lowering as long as there aren't only one or two more party members total. I'd hate it if there were five companions total but I was only allowed to take four and forced to leave one companion behind for seemingly no reason, when a simple six party limit would have fixed it (and I could take everyone everywhere with me at all times).

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

If they have the Adventurer generator in inns/taverns again I can't see it being a problem having few companions from a mechanics stand point. What is worth noting is that all of the unique classes to PoE were stretch goals in the original Kickstarter so when they were added the team also gave themselves the additional job of writing a companion of that class.

Personally I'd like to have one of every class - BG2 did a great job with making all classes available (except pure thief) with a great story to them.

You read my post.

You have been eaten by a grue.

I'm just hoping that Falanroed (Dragon Hunter) becomes a recruitable or hidden/secret companion (It's the non-combat path with the Adra Dragon, where you give Falanroed a cursed necklace and the Adra Dragon takes over Falanroed's body).

​Or the necklace has been passed on to another host (Would require choosing that path in Eternity though).

​In short: Getting the Adra Dragon as a companion :D maybe even go as far as being able to find the necklace, and whoever you equip with the necklace becomes the Adra Dragon personality. That'd be pretty awesome! (Either on a nameless Adventurer from the Hall, or on one of the Main Companions)

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

Does anyone else think it is kind of disappointing to have 3 returning companions? I don't know, I guess I would like to know more new ones, and with the current number of total companions, it seems there will be just 4 new ones (and we already know 3 of them), =s. Also, it is not like everyone was excited to have Pallegina back in the sequel...

Werent all pistols in PoE treated as two-handed weapons for whatever reason? That seems like a pretty big change to make them 1-H. Wonder if they were nerfed into the ground.

IIRC the rationale for all guns being two handed was due to reloading; you'd need two hands to reload the style of pistol quickly and without having to put one gun "down".

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I hope it's a priest, there always needs to be a priest for those who don't wanna play as priest themselves.

Apparently the stretch goal companion "Xoti" is a Priest/Monk, so you've got one.

They confirmed dual guns with lowered accuracy. Reloading animation will be that you put one pistol under your arm while reloading the other.

I don't think it's OP at all. Crossbows, guns and esp. pistols were weak in comparison to bows in PoE and only good for limited special attacks that relied on weapon's per-hit-damage like Flames of Devotion, Wounding Shot and so on.

No wonder you don't see many gun builds around. And if you do, they are quick switching most of the time, which is very tedious on higher levels.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's Rocket Raccoon.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!