I miss having a squad of six. It probably wont happen, but I am holding out some hope that we'll get a sixth slot in an expansion, or at least in the inevitable third title. 

I miss it too, but I don't see how it could happen. When people discussed modding this, somebody said that it would be really difficult because there are many things (including how dialogue options work) that were done for four companions and you can't simply add another one.

sign.jpg

I miss having a squad of six. It probably wont happen, but I am holding out some hope that we'll get a sixth slot in an expansion, or at least in the inevitable third title. 

I miss it too, but I don't see how it could happen. When people discussed modding this, somebody said that it would be really difficult because there are many things (including how dialogue options work) that were done for four companions and you can't simply add another one.

Yeah, I figured that would be a problem. Still, a man can dream!

• Like 1

Why did a thread that hasn't seen a post in 4 months get bumped?  In fact, it hadn't seen a post in 4 months the first time it was bumped?  Even more quizzacle, why was it bumped by someone with 0 posts who had nothing to say for themselves and simply quoted someone else?

Sometimes I wish Obsidian Forum Mods ran thread clean ups to prevent this stuff.

• Like 1

maybe i`d say not popular opinion but with multiclassing option it`s possibly to even decrease party slots down to 4 without ruined the game balance and it`s also should make game be more difficult.

my explain are simple: with multiclass you can stack almost all classes (10 out of 11) in your party permanent, while in POE1 you can only play 6 out of 11 at the same time. so party construction and making choice about which class you`d like to see in your party is way easier in Deadfire. 

maybe i`d say not popular opinion but with multiclassing option it`s possibly to even decrease party slots down to 4 without ruined the game balance and it`s also should make game be more difficult.

Or to 1. That would be difficult!

PoE2 does not need to copy all bad ideas from Tyranny. Why not copy some good ones like % healing?

my explain are simple: with multiclass you can stack almost all classes (10 out of 11) in your party permanent, while in POE1 you can only play 6 out of 11 at the same time. so party construction and making choice about which class you`d like to see in your party is way easier in Deadfire. 

Dualclass is not just 2 classes rolled into one character. It's supposed to play differently than either class. Power level is lower, top abilities are blocked and you can't pick all talents from only one class.

You're also not including subclasses, so we're at least picking (maximum of) 10 out of 48 (or something close).
Edited by hilfazer

Vancian =/= per rest.

• 1 year later...

Obsidian should have worked with Paradox again not evil. Paradox makes great games especially this type. Poe2 isnt bad at all but not as good as poe1. Like alright we have better technology and funding since poe1 was a kickstart. So.. lets downgrade to from 6 to 5 party members and...oh yeah boats let's get on the boat wagon because divinity 2 and probably black flag. Also for console let's make the UI worse than POE1 and not add a save file import like on pc l. Cause all the choices and stuff from the first game dont matter it's not like you play the exact same person lol. O wait you do. Also skill trees suck the simple listing from POE1 was better. And it feels like they went alittle heavy on the humorous dialogue. Obsidian subcontract Paradox in the future please.