So who is working on the game?

Honestly, I normally like Chris' writing a lot but I didn't like Durance and GM at all. They felt very gamey, like conversation puzzles to win with time limits and such, and Durance specifically felt like he was more of a exposition dump with characterization than an NPC. Not saying that's his fault, considering his claim they were extremely toned down and altered.

• Like 1

Chris is too far gone. Obs should get John Gonzalez back, he wrapped up Horizon ZD, now is the tyme to snatch him, make him an offer he can't refuse!

​Stretch goal? We got one for George Ziets didn't we?

​But to be honest. PoE1 had a much shorter pre-production that was done basically in desperation to get a new project going internally. PoE2 has had a more elaborate pre-prod so I'm sure a lot of elements have already be ironed out. They don't want to risk narrative creep.

Chris is too far gone. Obs should get John Gonzalez back, he wrapped up Horizon ZD, now is the tyme to snatch him, make him an offer he can't refuse!

​Stretch goal? We got one for George Ziets didn't we?

​But to be honest. PoE1 had a much shorter pre-production that was done basically in desperation to get a new project going internally. PoE2 has had a more elaborate pre-prod so I'm sure a lot of elements have already be ironed out. They don't want to risk narrative creep.

They should get him back, not necessarily for PoE 2.

Okay, so Adam confirmed me few people I managed to recognize from the Fig video and few people I stalked from well, wherever.
Added 12 names to the list.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Feargus has just mentioned John Lewis as a VFX artist on Deadfire in the Fig campaign's comment section.

John Lewis is doing things that will blow your mind. A typical day at Obsidian.

I'm working on something in my office and I see John Lewis flashing a devilish grin at me through the glass of my closed door. He opens the door and sheepishly asks, "Do you want to see something cool?"

Being the ever-eloquent linguist I reply, "****, yeah".

Minutes later, sporting the same grin John was just rocking, I go by Sawyer's office and I'm like, "Dude, cruise by Lewis' office".

Josh's eyes light up cuz he knows some fancy-pants, John Lewis magic is afoot.

Minutes later Josh is walking passed my office with a new spring in his step and an emphatic nod, looking like he just crushed the question in Final Jeopardy.

• Like 20

Last Fig update confirms Matt Hansen as an artist for PoE2. He's the one who drew the soulbound weapon illustrations for PX2, IIRC.

He also worked on a metric ton of scripted interaction images, including the beefy Battle of Yenwood, and all sorts of other stuff on the expansion. Both he and Lindsey are cranking out a ton of arts for Deadfire.

• Like 10

Feargus has just mentioned John Lewis as a VFX artist on Deadfire in the Fig campaign's comment section.

John Lewis is doing things that will blow your mind. A typical day at Obsidian.

I'm working on something in my office and I see John Lewis flashing a devilish grin at me through the glass of my closed door. He opens the door and sheepishly asks, "Do you want to see something cool?"

Being the ever-eloquent linguist I reply, "****, yeah".

Minutes later, sporting the same grin John was just rocking, I go by Sawyer's office and I'm like, "Dude, cruise by Lewis' office".

Josh's eyes light up cuz he knows some fancy-pants, John Lewis magic is afoot.

Minutes later Josh is walking passed my office with a new spring in his step and an emphatic nod, looking like he just crushed the question in Final Jeopardy.

Something tells me we won't be seeing this anytime soon ;)

Here's one vote for John Lewis featured as an NPC in PoE2, perhaps then fittingly as a shady and sleek street magician, ushering us into some dank cul-de-sac by the docks.

The atmosphere should be like this exciting scene in Sesame Street:

0.jpg

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Added Olivia Veras as Designer based on Josh's posts on Something Awful forums.

Edit: Also added Robert Thayer as Audio Design Intern. Justin Bell mentions him working on the game in this interview around 1:14:35 mark

Edited by Flouride
  • Like 1

Added Kelvin Nakamura as Environment Artist, Antonio Govela as Senior Animator and Ian Randall as Junior Character Artist.

Ian Randall was featured on the Periscope/Twitter video with the Godlike character that Dimitri was working on, Kelvin and Antonio took some st... detective work + Aarik confirming that I wasn't just guessing wrong.

• Like 1

So there's roughly 50 people will be working on PoE2? I'm having an actual interest in knowing what's the average wage of each employee. That's like a very big team. Just put it that we funded 4.4M. If we divide it by 12, considering by next year 25th Feb 2018 the game probably has gone gold as they mentioned March would be the released date. We have roughly $366,666.00 of fund per month and the average wage per employee would be $7333.33.

What's the total employee in Obsidian? They would really need to have multiple concurrent on-going projects with sufficient funding to sustain the whole organization. Big props to Feargus if he's the only one boss in Obsidian?

So there's roughly 50 people will be working on PoE2? I'm having an actual interest in knowing what's the average wage of each employee. That's like a very big team. Just put it that we funded 4.4M. If we divide it by 12, considering by next year 25th Feb 2018 the game probably has gone gold as they mentioned March would be the released date. We have roughly $366,666.00 of fund per month and the average wage per employee would be $7333.33.

What's the total employee in Obsidian? They would really need to have multiple concurrent on-going projects with sufficient funding to sustain the whole organization. Big props to Feargus if he's the only one boss in Obsidian?

Roughly yes. They said on the stream yesterday that some of the people on Fig group photo have already moved on to different projects and they've hired some people recently and shuffled some new people in as well for Pillars 2.

50 people isn't large in gaming, AAA titles have way more people working on them. It is larger than the Pillars 1 though, I think they started that with about 20-30 people. 

LinkedIn has them at 190 people. That includes all of the owners (Feargus, Darren, Chris Parker and Chris Jones), PR guys, marketing and assistants etc. So unless that number is completely wrong they should have about 150-170 people working on actual games and Q&A.

So yes, there are multiple projects that we know of already. There's the Pathfinder Card Game that has ~10 people working on it, Project Indiana which we should be hearing about next year, Tyranny still has some people working support on it.

Someone asked them about this on the stream last night and they said they have 4 or 5 different projects. Some of those are clearly smaller, some might be pitches and might not lead anywhere etc.

Feargus isn't the only boss. Other owners do some of the leading as well, as do Project Directors, Leads and producers. So he doesn't have to micromanage everything. Though as the CEO he does have lots of responsibilities. 

@Fluoride

I actually did a search and read up on Obsidian portfolio. Avellone was actually one of the founders and he has left. 200 headcounts are not a small number for a small-mid developer? If you do the maths, payroll per month probably exceed $1M excluding operating cost? Kind of having a genuine interest in how they operate if they have to keep relying on continuous incoming projects. They are considered "indie" devs so i'm wondering if they do have investors? "indie" probably means that they are not public listed.

I'm also quite excited on the project what Tim Cain is working on. I did watch the streaming and i think Feargus hinted a new game starting with the letter "I". I'm wondering what would it be :). Anyway, i hope it's something to do with "fantasy"? I love fantasy that's why i backed this. But i'm guessing they are probably "tired" with fantasy? I really hope not.

I would imagine that a Cain and Boyarsky headed game won't be traditional.

Next game probably would be Turn-Based. I'm no big fan of Turn-Based on RPGs but my favorite franchise for TBS is Heroes & Might & Magic. Sadly that franchise is dead too on Ubisoft hand. And the second best TBS game that i love is King's Bounty.

I think Obsidian can expand their portfolio with similar games like Heroes of Might & Magic or Might & Magic franchise. Those were my favorites too.