So who is working on the game?

I'm no native anglophone either, dear Dark Devil. And, just to make things clear, I didn't want to make you feel bad because of your hurry-induced mistakes, not at all; all I was doing was trying to show you how inappropriate and out of place your arrogant attitude was.

Edited by Barbedbeat
  • Like 3

I'm no native anglophone either, dear Dark Devil. And, just to make things clear, I didn't want to make you feel bad because of your hurry-induced mistakes, not at all; all I was doing was trying to show you how inappropriate and out of place your arrogant attitude was.

Well it was your personal insults that brought forth my arrogant attitude.

Well it was your personal insults that brought forth my arrogant attitude.

Personal insults? My playful "I can't imagine you reading a book" comment about your statement, "People don't talk in monologue for a few hundred words" was interpreted by you as a personal insult?! Oh blimey. I couldn't imagine.

Of one thing I'm certain, though: I won't litter this thread any further with this appalling (not to mention off-topic!) nonsense. I bid you a good night. 

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

David Williams is the lead system designer. Carrie is a narrative designer, she does way more than write! Everything else looks good - try to find and add more of us. :)

April Giron is working on the project, right? She is in the group photo on the Figstarter video at least.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Last Fig update confirms Matt Hansen as an artist for PoE2. He's the one who drew the soulbound weapon illustrations for PX2, IIRC.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I assume Bell will be composing the music again, or at least I hope he will since that was one of the great elements of Pillars of Eternity.It might 

PoE OST is great but somehow it's not in my "best of" playlist.

While playing the game, it was really ok but something's just missing from it. 

Feargus has just mentioned John Lewis as a VFX artist on Deadfire in the Fig campaign's comment section.

Fergus said on Fig the team is about 50 in number, and that will fluctuate as artists, and animators, and such finish their work. Plus when they start Q and A it will increase. Etc.

This seems to be a bigger team than Eternity 1. I wonder how much Obsidian is budgeting for this -outside of crowdfunding.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Fergus said on Fig the team is about 50 in number, and that will fluctuate as artists, and animators, and such finish their work. Plus when they start Q and A it will increase. Etc.

This seems to be a bigger team than Eternity 1. I wonder how much Obsidian is budgeting for this -outside of crowdfunding.

I'm wondering similar things. What kind of overhaul did the engine receive to justify the staff? Is the staff increase so they can more easily hit a Q1 2018 date? Are there amazing things we don't know, yet?

The last two are "most likely." I do hope we see some technical stuff that is mind blowing. Not that the weather and all that from the video aren't impressive.

Are there amazing things we don't know, yet?

Josh and Feargus both have hinted big reveals for next week. This was JES after he announced in-party reputations yesterday: 

There is another very, very cool feature that we're adding, but we're not quite ready to talk about it yet.  Soon!

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Are there amazing things we don't know, yet?

Josh and Feargus both have hinted big reveals for next week. This was JES after he announced in-party reputations yesterday:

There is another very, very cool feature that we're adding, but we're not quite ready to talk about it yet. Soon!

Yeah, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low, because like Han Solo "I can imagine quite a bit." This is one of those times where my imagination can get pretty grand. I'll probably be excited about what they show, but I get pretty grandiose ideas when devs talk like that. Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 1

I'm wondering similar things. What kind of overhaul did the engine receive to justify the staff? Is the staff increase so they can more easily hit a Q1 2018 date? Are there amazing things we don't know, yet?

The last two are "most likely." I do hope we see some technical stuff that is mind blowing. Not that the weather and all that from the video aren't impressive.

Even without a big overhaul bringing in more artist and animators would help a lot. Meaning they can do more cool stuff, add move variety into monsters, armors, weapons and locales.

Yep, you can see the current team on the Fig video. I counted about 47 (unless I remember wrong). Not sure if any Q&A people were in the picture.