I'd appreciate a donation option too.
You probably could "donate" $5 (Obsidian Initiate tier) over and over and over and over and over (and over...) according to the sum you'd like to pledge without a reward, but that's arguably the least effective method. Your inbox getting bombarded with receipts for each of these "donations" is also something I would like to be spared of.

All,

If you are interested in a backer portal option to pledge any amount of your choice without a reward, consider dropping a line here. Devs have their eyes on the request and are gauging demand.

Hi guys!

We are continually improving the Backer Portal, I don't believe we'll have a "pledge what you want" tier, but we may have something that will be to that effect.

• Like 1

One single donator dropping $900 on the Black Isle Bastards should be enough proof that there's demand for a general donation option.

There's most likely more where that came from, and probably not just from that one donator.

In this particular case I know for sure that those $900 were SPECIFICALLY given to support the Black Isle Bastards.

And those $900 would NOT have been donated as a "general donation option".

So please be careful what you take as "proof". There are some very highly dedicated and generous donators who can afford to donate big sums and do so because they want to support the Black Isle Bastards and see them come true.

• Like 6

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

any update on this? Paypal is the only way I can support this campaign. it may come as a shock, but in Europe it's not actually expected for people to own credit cards.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

All,

If you are interested in a backer portal option to pledge any amount of your choice without a reward, consider dropping a line here. Devs have their eyes on the request and are gauging demand.

Hi guys!

We are continually improving the Backer Portal, I don't believe we'll have a "pledge what you want" tier, but we may have something that will be to that effect.

"Pledge $50", "Pledge $100", "Pledge $250" and so on?

All,

Hi guys!

"Pledge $50", "Pledge $100", "Pledge $250" and so on?

Anybody noticed any of this over at the "new" backer portal?

All,

Hi guys!

Any progress?

The backer portal total has surpassed slacker backing through fig by +10K too, btw.

Fig: $99,086

Backer portal (incl. PayPal): $110,095

That's $4.62M for the current post campaign total.

@Aarik D

So... did you change your mind or are you just saving this alternative to the "pledge what you want" tier for the final final stretch?

Getting closer and closer to that deadline and reaching $5M with regular slacker-backer pledging seems unlikely, at least at the current rate of progress. Most people should have upgraded their pledges with the additional stuff by now too.

And I don't see those missing ~40K POE1 backers miraculously turn up at the last minute either.

@Aarik D

So... did you change your mind or are you just saving this alternative to the "pledge what you want" tier for the final final stretch?

Getting closer and closer to that deadline and reaching $5M with regular slacker-backer pledging seems unlikely, at least at the current rate of progress. Most people should have upgraded their pledges with the additional stuff by now too.

And I don't see those missing ~40K POE1 backers miraculously turn up at the last minute either.

They either don't care whether the last two stretch goals are reached or not or they already have a contingency plan B, like paying the difference out of their own pocket once the extended campaign is over.

That's what I'm getting from the silence.

@AndreaColombo

Would you mind poking Aarik D one more time and ask what's what with that something to the effect of a "pledge what you want" tier?
If they changed their mind about it or if it's still coming?

Thanks.

Edited by Hemmer

Done :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay, I've been out of the office for a past few days. While there isn't an option to just donate money, you are able to purchase up to 5 items of every add-on or tiers. So one could purchase the Digital Download + Early Access 5 times and give those copies away to friends and family, or do a raffle of your own on social media! 

• Like 3