Hi XTRMNTR2K,

I had the same problem and contacted them, using the link at the backer portal. I recived the answer:

"Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, the Previous Backer discount was only available for Fig. We don't have an ability to offer the discount on our Backer Portal. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Dont know, why they would not "have an ability" to offer the discount, since its their own backer portal. But at least we know now they won't. 

Hi,

so when do we get the Tyranny cupon if we backed via Paypal on Obsidian site (backer portal) ?

I hope we don't have to wait as long as the fig backers.

2 weeks

I heard that was for the fig backers, who need they pledge to be transfered on the backer site, there is no reason for not getting it now as a reward if you pledged via Paypal :(

That is why I'm asking.

Well, making Fig backers wait while everyone else gets everything right way would send a poor message for subsequent fundraisers. "Don't back on Fig; wait for the backer portal for preferential treatment."

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well, making Fig backers wait while everyone else gets everything right way would send a poor message for subsequent fundraisers. "Don't back on Fig; wait for the backer portal for preferential treatment."

Then again, the opposite holds true regarding the inability to make use of the returning backer discount via the backer portal. I understand the technical difficulty in having to manage two different systems, but it's still a shame IMHO that PayPal backing has been little more than an afterthought for the backing campaign.

In any case, I couldn't stop myself from backing at the Premium Digital level because I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror again if I didn't get the soundtrack as well. :grin:

Sagani: I warned you not to pet him.

Eder: If I'm not supposed to pet him, why is he so soft?!

Nope. Will poke him :)

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

From the fig comments:

"Slacker Backer Pledge total on Fig is up to $54,020 (as of now Mar 2, 2017 | 06:51 PM) - this does not include anything from Obsidian's PayPal backer portal (last reported to be $42,261). I'll continue doing daily updates here until we have a live counter up somewhere :)"

All,

If you are interested in a backer portal option to pledge any amount of your choice without a reward, consider dropping a line here. Devs have their eyes on the request and are gauging demand.

• Like 3

All,

If you are interested in a backer portal option to pledge any amount of your choice without a reward, consider dropping a line here. Devs have their eyes on the request and are gauging demand.

That would be a good option to have. I have more money available, but no rewards I'm interested in.

All,

That would be a good option to have. I have more money available, but no rewards I'm interested in.

You can help the Black Isle Bastards - you can find them in this very forum - or the campaign in the RPG Codex site.

• Like 2

Arghgrmblfx! Don't go to RPGCodex!

Stay here and empty your pockets where the climate is nice and the pirates are benevolent, clever and attractive! ;)

If anyone is interested in donating paypal money to OBS without getting a defined reward you should definitely think about donating to the Black Isle Bastard pirate crew. Once we reach 5000$ it will be pledged, counting towards the stretch goals.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 7

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

A "pay what you want" donation option for the backer portal would be quite useful nonetheless.

Being forced to pledge for the nth copy of POE2 just to send a bit more money Obsidian's way isn't exactly the best way to go about it.

And besides, the Black Isle Bastards fundraiser seems to be doing quite well in any case.

A "pay what you want" donation option for the backer portal would be quite useful nonetheless.

I don't think anyone is suggesting the Black Isle Bastards as a replacement for such an option. We're just mentioning that it's available now and fulfils the same purpose.

And besides, the Black Isle Bastards fundraiser seems to be doing quite well in any case.

It's doing pretty well yes, but it would be a huge shame if it failed to reach $5000 because (a) we wouldn't get the Black Isle Bastards and (b) Obsidian would lose whatever proportion of $5000 we do raise (if the BIB fails to raise $5000 it's being refunded).

So honestly, unless you (not specifically you Hemmer, generic "you") actually don't want the BIB in the game, if you have some spare cash you want to throw Obsidian's way you might as well donate to the BIB campaign.

• Like 1

One single donator dropping $900 on the Black Isle Bastards should be enough proof that there's demand for a general donation option.

There's most likely more where that came from, and probably not just from that one donator.

• Like 2

One single donator dropping $900 on the Black Isle Bastards should be enough proof that there's demand for a general donation option.

There's most likely more where that came from, and probably not just from that one donator.

Exactly.

And the earlier they enable the donation option on the backer portal the earlier people can start throwing more money at Obsidian.

There's still about 500K to go and raising those with slacker backing alone seems unlikely, even with 45 days left.

• Like 1