Aarik told me on Twitter DM Paypal is their #1 priority right now, so I guess Darren's hard at work on the backer site. I hope they can enable it before the end of the campaign; I can pledge through Fig no problem but it would be a lot more convenient if I could use my PayPal balance.

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Aarik told me on Twitter DM Paypal is their #1 priority right now, so I guess Darren's hard at work on the backer site. I hope they can enable it before the end of the campaign; I can pledge through Fig no problem but it would be a lot more convenient if I could use my PayPal balance.

Thanks for the continous pestering on, I guess everyone's behalf in here, much appreciated.

I'm still wondering though if they are aware of the potentially significant contribution (both in funds and backers) IF they would put the backer site online before the campaign ends. Doesn't seem like as if they really care and just trust regular backers to knock down all the stretch goals.

• Like 3

Well, their lack of willingness to do that before the campaign end is kinda obvious - they launched this project as promotion for Fig and that's also why they want the most of the money gathered there as opposed to gathering pledges through kickstarter or paypal/backer portal.

There is a reason why half of the target amount of money is added by Fig (it's $1.32M right now). After huge success of PoE kickstarter campaign I bet they expected there would be even higher amount gathered for its second installment but so far they only gathered about third of this amount (yeah, people only donated about $1.39M as of now). There is also about third of kickstarter backers on Fig than it was on KS. Still, there is huge amount of people who are willing to back the game but only through backer portal or by Paypal (counting myself and at least three of my friends who already asked me about PoE2 paypal option several times). Not to mention the people who are unwilling to back the game through Fig site for whatever reason.

Therefore it really baffles me why they don't want to make it happen. Considering Feargus involvement in a way Fig is their own portal and it would be no problem if they actually added money from existing backer portal and from paypal donations even during campaign on daily basis, right?

One would expected they would think of those options prior to start of the campaign, preparing Paypal and backer portal option beforehand.. But it almost seems to me like they actually don't want our money.
  • Like 2

OhkGdTU.png

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Now if one could still get a shot at the higher limited tiers by then as well...

Extending the funding process by a couple of days or weeks post-campaign would be even better. More time = more stretch goals getting checked off = more content.

• Like 1

If paypal comes online after the end of fig campaign, those who want collector's edition will still be able to order it?

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

If paypal comes online after the end of fig campaign, those who want collector's edition will still be able to order it?

That's how it worked for Pillars 1. I missed the Kickstarter and backed as a "slacker backer" via paypal. When the backer website came online, I upped my pledge and had all of the same options as the KS campaign.  

So,where we are now? I expect they give us at least some word on this matter during Wednesday cause it's three days to the end of the campaign now.

Regarding the fact that Wednesday was the estimated time for PayPal to become available and that the big update is coming tomorrow, I expect them to release the PayPal option or to mention it in the update at the very least. I really would like to express this nearly-end-of-the-campaign-hype with throwing some digital money at Obsidian  :bow:

I think I've decided to donate.  I'm just waiting on Paypal being an option (though I'd then have to remember my Paypal account details as I haven't used it in forever ...).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Getting close! I hope it will be up today, I'd really love to contribute. 

You know how Obsidian is going to have a Twitch stream today?

Well, for me it'll be tomorrow.

Time zones.

Even if the PayPal payment option is rolled out "on schedule", it might still not be on Wednesday for everyone.

Wait and see, I guess.

Does anyone know if the remaining, not completely claimed tiers ($500 and above) will be available to PayPal backers too?

They'll probably count paypal  payments towards stretch goals even after the 'official' campaign ends. They did the same IIRC for PE1.

They better reveal the remaining stretch goals then. As soon as possible.

I guess this grace period isn't going to last forever. Or at least not long enough to reach all remaining stretch goals if they're announced on short notice.

Edited by Volvox

Do they have to pay Fig a small fortune for every word they type in an update?? Otherwise I really don't understand why not say something like "PayPal will be available at..." or "Yes, we are still working on PayPal" at least. Makes me sad as I want to help reach those new awesome stretch goals  ;(

The day is still young over there but they could have mentioned this topic in the update if they still plan to release PayPal today.

They've already mentioned they'll accept funding past the FIG campaign. Whatever comes through PayPal will still count towards any goals --atleast until they pull the plug.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle