Hello

Just wanted to ask if there will be a paypal backing option, because not everyone has a credit card.

I also dont understand why you guys dont bother putting atleast a tiny information about this on fig or in this forum. Why do we always have to ask you and ourselfs if there will be such option. Why dont you just put it in a description. I mean you KNOW there are many many people asking about that.

Its also not fair to enable paypal at the end of a campain, because then some items will be gone. There is no chance for a collector without credit card to get what he wants.

Regards

• Like 3

PayPal has a prepaid debit MasterCard that you can sign up for:

...if you're an US resident. Which a lot of people are not.

Also, the card comes with a $4.95 a month fee. Which is awful.

ah, didn't notice it was US only, and yes the monthly fee is terrible. i thought it was just something you could automatically link to your paypal account. surprising that european banks don't issue debit cards.

surprising that european banks don't issue debit cards.

I can't speak for other European countries, but Germany has its own debit card system: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girocard. It's accepted by physical stores, but not by bakeries, some small shops and the like. In general, Germans still like paying with cash.

For online pay, we use SEPA direct debit through our usual bank account. And before SEPA, we had our own direct debit scheme, which worked very much like SEPA does now.

Some of this, like SEPA direct debit, also theoretically works across all EU countries. But it seems to be less popular in other countries, because while I see it all the time in German online stores, I seldom see it in others. And, of course, it doesn't work between the EU and the US.

I can use the German debit card on many ATMs in the US too (at least it worked in 2009), but it incurs about $10 worth of fees every time. And usual US online payment processors like Stripe don't accept them at all.

ah, didn't notice it was US only, and yes the monthly fee is terrible. i thought it was just something you could automatically link to your paypal account. surprising that european banks don't issue debit cards.

Of course I've got a debit card.

A Dutch debit card.

Which is of no use when Fig (and Kickstarter for that matter) asks specifically for a credit card.

Edited by WotanAnubis

A Dutch debit card.

Which is of no use when Fig (and Kickstarter for that matter) asks specifically for a credit card.

In the US debit cards also function like regular credit cards. There are MasterCard and VISA debit cards that have 16 digit numbers accepted wherever VISA and MasterCard are accepted.

• Like 1

A Dutch debit card.

In the US debit cards also function like regular credit cards. There are MasterCard and VISA debit cards that have 16 digit numbers accepted wherever VISA and MasterCard are accepted.

Oh, I see.

Doesn't work that way over here. Debit and credit cards are very definitely two entirely different things.

A Dutch debit card.

Oh, I see.

Doesn't work that way over here. Debit and credit cards are very definitely two entirely different things.

Is The Netherlands still stuck in the early 2000's? Most Finnish banks changed their debit cards about 10-15 years ago so they could be used for online purchases as well so they kinda work like credit cards. 

Hate the living, love the dead.

A Dutch debit card.

Oh, I see.

Is The Netherlands still stuck in the early 2000's? Most Finnish banks changed their debit cards about 10-15 years ago so they could be used for online purchases as well so they kinda work like credit cards. 

All the EU countries have not yet fully adopted common debit/credit card system (where all debit cards are visa/master card certificated). Finland of course was first like it so often is when it comes to put EU regulations and agreements in effect.

We do have a system for making online purchases with our debit cards, yes.

And while that works for Steam or PayPal, it don't work for Fig.

We do have a system for making online purchases with our debit cards, yes.

And while that works for Steam or PayPal, it don't work for Fig.

Okay, my debit card works with Fig like a charm. Not sure if that is the case with Finnish banks as well.

Pretty sure it will be enabled once it's past 100%, like I think it was the case with POE's kickstarter campaign.

Yes im sure it will. But the point is, (just an example) that what if there was a  limited offer/goodie or something like that, then all people without cc arent gonna get it.

Its like people without cc are second class.

And i dont understand how someone makes a campain to fund money, but then offers only cc while its known that in many parts of the world it doesnt work and/or its just not common. Why dont just also offer one of the most popular online payment solutions like paypal.

I mean in EVERY single campain there are people asking about an alternative payment method like paypal, WHY dont you put it there since the beginning. And WHY if you dont offer it, you dont make a proper description about your future plans about it, from the start on. Why do we always have to ask.

Imagine the amount of time it takes to overview and answer all the questions about payment methods, it could be avoided if you just give a proper info about it from the start of the campain.

96% funded and still no paypal option.

I guess you just dont care.

I dont understand it.

Relax. They can even add the paypay funding option after the campaing on Fig has ran it's course.

Seeing how they had one up for Pillars 1, it's more than likely that such option is coming for this campaign as well.

And you do realize they need to sleep as well at some point? :)

Pretty sure it will be enabled once it's past 100%, like I think it was the case with POE's kickstarter campaign.

Yes im sure it will. But the point is, (just an example) that what if there was a  limited offer/goodie or something like that, then all people without cc arent gonna get it.

And i dont understand how someone makes a campain to fund money, but then offers only cc while its known that in many parts of the world it doesnt work and/or its just not common. Why dont just also offer one of the most popular online payment solutions like paypal.

I mean in EVERY single campain there are people asking about an alternative payment method like paypal, WHY dont you put it there since the beginning. And WHY if you dont offer it, you dont make a proper description about your future plans about it, from the start on. Why do we always have to ask.

Imagine the amount of time it takes to overview and answer all the questions about payment methods, it could be avoided if you just give a proper info about it from the start of the campain.

Since Paypal doesn't count on the Fig/KS campaign page, they kinda have to hit their mark before they can enable PayPal as an option. Otherwise there's the chance of them getting paid via Paypal and then needing to return those funds back to the pledgers and that's a big hassle from both accounting and probably from legal point of views.

Yea, it didn't happen on Pillars or on this game, but I can see why they don't enable it immediately.

• Like 2

It is because this clause "Your pledge will only be collected if this campaign reaches its goal on Feb 25, 2017 3am", meaning that if they offer alternative methods before they reach their goal they risk not getting funded (in theoretical sense)

All the tiers up to the $500 one are unlimited, so unless you really want to shell out $500 (or more) there's nothing to worry about.

BUT, you're right - it would have been cool to give everyone (including returning PayPal backers from the POE kickstarter) a fair chance right from the start by offering alternatives to pledging through fig.

Maybe next time (POE III crowdfunding).

Hopefully PayPal going live will coincide with the first update.

Edited by desel