I see that several tiers mention "Steam Code"

I don't do Steam (or rather, I don't buy anything with DRM) so I hope the game will be available on Gog.

Can someone from Obsidian confirm this?

(Assuming it will be available on Gog, it would be a good idea to update the text on the Fig page.)

• Like 3

In the text they just say "digital download".  Maybe they ran out of room on the graphic?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

In the text they just say "digital download".  Maybe they ran out of room on the graphic?

Yes, probably just an oversight.

That kind of wording is something to get right on the crowdfunding page though. 

Don't disagree with you that it'd be better to be accurate as it "Steam Key" is misleading.  I'd read the text and didn't even notice that it wasn't 'right' in the graphics.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I reached out to staff fairly early and they confirmed DRM free version on GOG.com.

I think they should push this aspect a little bit more. I don't think we're quite as small as the "never nude" community but there are a contingent of us who are very opposed to DRM to the point that is impacts our decision to buy or back even games we love, like Pillars.

I pledged as soon as I was told it would be available DRM free on GOG.com.

Edited by Mygaffer

There doesn't seem to be a key for physical box tier though which is a shame... IIRC, PoE1 KS had the box + the choice between GOG / Steam.

Considering how long we waited to get PoE1 delivered (at least here in Europe), that's rather unfortunate. Don't even think that would cost them much to include one, hope they reconsider.

Edited by Merany

There doesn't seem to be a key for physical box tier though which is a shame... IIRC, PoE1 KS had the box + the choice between GOG / Steam.

Considering how long we waited to get PoE1 delivered (at least here in Europe), that's rather unfortunate. Don't even think that would cost them much to include one, hope they reconsider.

I think the $149 Collector's edition is the first box w/digital download.

PoE1 was delivered to me exactly 3 months after release (living in France). No way I wait this long without playing PoE2. First because if the game is good, then I want to play it :D And also 'cause it's easier to avoid spoiler.

And while I will 100% back it, I'm not sure I can afford the CE. So yeah, hope they can add tiers / change the existing ones...

Edited by Merany