Confirmed: Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I really hope, after they reached the 1,1 Million, that they make paypal backing possible again.

Really would like to back, but do not own a Credit Card.

Neither do I. You can do it with a debit card (if you have a bank account you should have one, normally) or a pre-paid card too.

I hope so. Otherwise I'll just have to support the game by, well, buying it on release.

Yeah on a much higher price...

“Eothas ... the god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia,” reads a press release. “Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers — answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.”

At times like these I wonder: did the devs planned this from the start or thought about it just recently?

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

“Eothas ... the god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia,” reads a press release. “Ripping his way out of the ground, he destroys your stronghold and leaves you at the brink of death. To save your soul, you must track down the wayward god and demand answers — answers which could throw mortals and the gods themselves into chaos.”

At times like these I wonder: did the devs planned this from the start or thought about it just recently?

Fun thing is, the statue of the Endless Paths was a idea their artists had when they were running the 1st kickstarter because he thaought it was cool. The statue wasn't even in the initial planning of the story or whatever - they just kept it afterwards because they liked it :p

Fun thing is, the statue of the Endless Paths was a idea their artists had when they were running the 1st kickstarter because he thaought it was cool. The statue wasn't even in the initial planning of the story or whatever - they just kept it afterwards because they liked it :p

Yeah, I think this is more a good example of how good world-building and consistency leads on to naturally occurring plot. 

• Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I am soooo happy! Aloth, Eder, and Pellegina were my three favorite companions, and my Watcher will get to continue having adventures with them.

Same for me. I played PoE once with the 3 companions you mention and the other two were Durance and one elf created by me.

I didn't play White March expansion. I hope this doesn't affect the plot in PoE2

Edited by juanval
  • Like 1

I am soooo happy! Aloth, Eder, and Pellegina were my three favorite companions, and my Watcher will get to continue having adventures with them.

They were all in my party on my first playthrough. So I guess it's time to play the White March with that character. :)

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

Same for me. I played PoE once with the 3 companions you mention and the other two were Durance and one elf created by me.

I didn't play White March expansion. I hope this doesn't affect the plot in PoE2

Normally it won't much but try it if you get the chance. I only finished it a couple of weeks ago and I'm telling you it's soooooooo worth it! It's like all the things that didn't end that good in the vanilla development fixed and placed in a, quite lengthy, side story (which also connects to the main plot and the world lore).

• Like 7

Normally it won't much but try it if you get the chance. I only finished it a couple of weeks ago and I'm telling you it's soooooooo worth it! It's like all the things that didn't end that good in the vanilla development fixed and placed in a, quite lengthy, side story (which also connects to the main plot and the world lore).

Pity that I always play IE games once. I like to write my own history once.

I hope this time expansions will be a sequel and not and ingame adding content. First question I'll ask to developers

Pity that I always play IE games once. I like to write my own history once.

I hope this time expansions will be a sequel and not and ingame adding content. First question I'll ask to developers

I do play them only once too. I just loaded the pre-end game save (made automatically by the game), whent to White March to finish it, then finished the new Caed Nua content that came with the expansion too and I just re-run the end dunegon which was a morning stroll since I was too high for it and choose the "leave it as it is" option when I was asked by the game (it gives you an option to play it as "high level" too, if you want the challenge - same with the White March content).

If money is not a problem for you, I highly recomend you try the expansion since you don't need to replay the game from start.

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

I really hope, after they reached the 1,1 Million, that they make paypal backing possible again.

Really would like to back, but do not own a Credit Card.

Neither do I. You can do it with a debit card (if you have a bank account you should have one, normally) or a pre-paid card too.

I hope so. Otherwise I'll just have to support the game by, well, buying it on release.

They probably will have something similar to Wasteland 3's crowdOx in place (right from the start), that let's you pledge through PayPal as well.

If money is not a problem for you, I highly recomend you try the expansion since you don't need to replay the game from start.

Given that he still has the save file.

Of course! But if you're a crpg player, you know very well that you always keep your saves until you know for sure no expansion/sequel is coming up :p

• Like 3

Yeah, and for any Steam players out there, let's just pray you kept final saves on the Steam Cloud. Well, I'll most likely do a re-run for PoE2, specifically, picking fitting companions and rolling savvy characters - perhaps three of each. :)

So, how does that Fig-thing work KS-wise? You just register there and put your stakes in, as it were?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Yeah, and for any Steam players out there, let's just pray you kept final saves on the Steam Cloud. Well, I'll most likely do a re-run for PoE2, specifically, picking fitting companions and rolling savvy characters - perhaps three of each. :)

So, how does that Fig-thing work KS-wise? You just register there and put your stakes in, as it were?

It is bit different, you will sign your soul and bank accounts for Obsidian to use as they please and you promise be grateful to them for all eternity.

But seriously, it is quite similar to KS when it comes to regular backers, but it also accepts venture capital investors.

• Like 1

It is bit different, you will sign your soul and bank accounts for Obsidian to use as they please and you promise be grateful to them for all eternity.

Pledge a the "two soul" tier, and you'll get a cool Pillars of Eternity 2 hip flask!  

Now, anyone got a soul I can um...  borrow? :)

If I were a giant statue buried deep underground and I found out about PoE2, I would rip my way out too!

On the bright side, it should be pretty easy to find the titan by following the footsteps. :biggrin:

Until it starts island hopping in the Deadfire Archipelago. Those footsteps are hard to see at the bottom of the ocean. :p

• Like 3