Confirmed: Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Everything looks and sounds great so far. The only downside - a personal one - is that I'll get to play with the same character again (I suppose the game will let you build a new one, but it won't feel nice to me if suddenly the Watcher is of different race, sex, class, background and culture); I'd really like to play as melee wizard or cipher this time around...

In my case the downside is that my PoE1 character is a pirate style rogue with sabre and gun from the Deadfire. It seems that most of my squad in PoE2 will resemble my char to some extent.

Is that Zahua (on left) falling from the ship?

Hope so lol :D

I think not, Zahua was thrown into the sacrifical pit near Dyrford :dancing:

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Everything looks and sounds great so far. The only downside - a personal one - is that I'll get to play with the same character again (I suppose the game will let you build a new one, but it won't feel nice to me if suddenly the Watcher is of different race, sex, class, background and culture); I'd really like to play as melee wizard or cipher this time around...

Well, it won't be releasing tomorrow. You should build one, and do a run through of PoE1/TWM to prepare for it. I know I have a few plythroughs planned. A couple to finish up, and a couple to start fresh.

Thing is, I never do second playthroughs of good rpgs. Reason is the game is so well in roleplay choices/dialogues I end up doing the same things again (because I relate much with my character and their choices). So I guess I'm stuck with my Wild Orlan female barbarian from the Living Lands :)

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

I really hope, after they reached the 1,1 Million, that they make paypal backing possible again.

Really would like to back, but do not own a Credit Card.

Neither do I. You can do it with a debit card (if you have a bank account you should have one, normally) or a pre-paid card too.

Edited by Sedrefilos

Thing is, I never do second playthroughs of good rpgs. Reason is the game is so well in roleplay choices/dialogues I end up doing the same things again (because I relate much with my character and their choices). So I guess I'm stuck with my Wild Orlan female barbarian from the Living Lands :)

It's like I want to post something on the forums but you do it for me, so I don't have to. Thank, mate ;)

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

It's like I want to post something on the forums but you do it for me, so I don't have to. Thank, mate ;)

Always at your service good friend :p

If I tie the shoelaces of the giant statue of Caed Nua in POE together, do I automatically win in POE2?

I would rule yes. 

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Don't think our character's race/class matters with save import; they should allow so we can change it tbh, in the end what matters is persisting story choices. In Mass Effect 2&3 we could change our class with save-import, if there were race choice I bet we could be able to change it also.

Don't think our character's race/class matters with save import; they should allow so we can change it tbh, in the end what matters is persisting story choices. In Mass Effect 2&3 we could change our class with save-import, if there were race choice I bet we could be able to change it also.

I'm sure they will but I woundn't like the feel that the Watcher was a wild orlan barbarian woman and now, somehow, is nature godlike wizard man :p

Of course I might be over it when the game comes out (especially if I *really* want to play as someone else with the new mechanics) but at the time I can't think of it :p

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

Hmm, who would have thought that such side content as giant statue in Od Nua dungeon will play major role in sequel.

Just wondering, was there any info about statue identity in base game ? Me and many others just thought it was statue of Od Nua himself.

Also presence of Eothas disappeared from world after defeat of St. Waidven. So, how did he end up under Caed Nua ??

So many questions. Hopefully new lore will give us the answers.

EDIT. Might that be that statue under Caed Nua was only a empty vessel (made from Adra) and Eothas choose it for physical body ?

Edited by Entarion

Well, if it's gonna be like other games with imports at the very least there will be an option to create a new character from scratch, like it was in Baldur's Gate. However Baldur's Gate 2 didn't import any choices, only recent games started doing that, Mass Effect among the first. So if it's like recent games then there should be an option to make new character with a list of story choices to choose from, or import old character with story choices from the save file.

BioWare is at the forefront when it comes to importing choices - in Dragon Age they now have an online app called DragonAgeKeep where you can import your save or make a new one by simply choosing all the story choices in the app. I don't think Obsidian will do anything even remotely resembling this, but I'm expecting at least save file importing with choices.

Hmm, who would have thought that such side content as giant statue in Od Nua dungeon will play major role in sequel.

Just wondering, was there any info about statue identity in base game ? Me and many others just thought it was statue of Od Nua himself.

Also presence of Eothas disappeared from world after defeat of St. Waidven. So, how did he end up under Caed Nua ??

So many questions. Hopefully new lore will give us the answers.

It's a statue of Od Nua's son who died. He wanted to return his soul into it. I think Eothas returns into it because it's convenient - everything is already set up, Od Nua just didn't have the time to execute his plan because of the attackers.

• Like 2

Also if there's an adra vessel that could possibly contain a god on Eora, that would be that statue. You know how it goes, "phenomenal cosmic powers; itty bitty living space." ;)

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Also if there's an adra vessel that could possibly contain a god on Eora, that would be that statue. You know how it goes, "phenomenal cosmic powers; itty bitty living space." ;)

The only problem is this statue was cut off by adra eating critters from the rest of adra pillar that goes deep into Eora's core where dead souls supposedly reside before reincarnaring. Can adra regenerate?

• Like 1

Nvm.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I really hope, after they reached the 1,1 Million, that they make paypal backing possible again.

Really would like to back, but do not own a Credit Card.

Neither do I. You can do it with a debit card (if you have a bank account you should have one, normally) or a pre-paid card too.

I hope so. Otherwise I'll just have to support the game by, well, buying it on release.

The only problem is this statue was cut off by adra eating critters from the rest of adra pillar that goes deep into Eora's core where dead souls supposedly reside before reincarnaring. Can adra regenerate?

I thought the statue of Maros was detached from the adra pillars by beetles. Did the adra grow back after you killed them?

haha ninja'd

Wasn't that just the arm?

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

I thought the statue of Maros was detached from the adra pillars by beetles. Did the adra grow back after you killed them?

haha ninja'd

Nah, it was under the legs.

haha ninja'd

Nah, it was under the legs.

Ah!  Thanks, in that case, maybe Eothas possesses it precisely because it's been cut off?  We know souls can exist at least for a period of time before heading to the Adra, may he jump into it as it has no connection to the cycle of reincarnation and so he wouldn't be drawn down into it?  Complete theorycraft on my behalf.

Someone needs to ask Josh about this adra regeneration in order to explain/avoid potential plothole.

Although it's perfectly possible adra has become PoE's "Nanomachines, son!", so any explanation could be handwaved this way. "It's adra! Who knows what it's capable of!"

Also, a little bit of trivia: Josh has said Maros's statue is roughly the size of Waldorf Astoria Chicago, i.e. 209 m.

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/764267162856894465

Edited by Fiery Rain
  • Like 1

Hopefully Obs takes an approach more in line with Tyrrany than the original Pillars, in terms of the amount of worthless filler combat.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks