The First Ever High-Quality Custom Player Voice Mod!

Hey guys! 

So I just wanted to drop this here. To my knowledge, no other originally recorded custom voice mods exist, at least not that I've been able to find, and since my Baldur's Gate ones went over so well, I figured I'd do a couple for PoE, as well!

The videos below are just demos of the new sound files, and you can pick them up at the Nexus, provided below!

And by the way, does anyone know of anyone else that's done something like this? I've seen a fair few people pull files out of other games to use them, but my search for a custom-made voice continues.

What do you guys think? Any comments, questions, requests?

-Chaotic Neutral-

-Lawful Evil-

-Nexus-
http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/140/?

• Like 5

I'm a big fan of custom voicesets and I can't wait to try yours!

I've been creating a lot myself but never cared to share since my tastes are kinda odd. For example, I like to make Kana sing my favorite dance tunes with chants and invocations. Also, my female chanters have always been Kylie Minogue(s), so... yeah, I'll keep those to myself! :p

I did Viconia and Korgan voiceovers in the past, but they got lost with patches and I got no backup copies. Those were a total pain to make because I had to cut a youtube video in order to get their voicesets, then turn it into ogg files, turn down the volume etc. I won't go through that process again! I wasn't able to find the single audio files of BG2 companions anywhere. Since we are here, would you mind sharing them if you happen to have them or know where to get them?

Thanks for the voicesets anyway, those sound great! :wub:  

Edited by SkySlam

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

I'm a big fan of custom voicesets and I can't wait to try yours!

I've been creating a lot myself but never cared to share since my tastes are kinda odd. For example, I like to make Kana sing my favorite dance tunes with chants and invocations. Also, my female chanters have always been Kylie Minogue(s), so... yeah, I'll keep those to myself! :p

I did Viconia and Korgan voiceovers in the past, but they got lost with patches and I got no backup copies. Those were a total pain to make because I had to cut a youtube video in order to get their voicesets, then turn it into ogg files, turn down the volume etc. I won't go through that process again! I wasn't able to find the single audio files of BG2 companions anywhere. Since we are here, would you mind sharing them if you happen to have them or know where to get them?

Thanks for the voicesets anyway, those sound great! :wub:  

Thank you so very much! If you have a copy of Baldur's Gate 2, they're actually really easy to pull out of the game files, as far as I remember! I don't know how that works with Beamdog's rerelease, but I distinctly recall editing and messing around with them from a pretty early age! I'll let you know if I can find a companion voice pack!

Nice work, those are some great voices.  Though I would like to see something a little less on the zany/violent/evil loon side released too.

I am working out a couple bugs with the current couple sets, but as soon as I can figure out what numbers correspond to what voicefile, I'll most likely be making more! I'm thinking of doing a Godlike, maybe a moon elven one as well!

These are very well done. Thanks for sharing them!

Thank you so very much! If you ever have any requests, by all means, let me know!