Major bug with Mistress Delvahine

Gethseme

Question

Since the patch, she doesn't work right.

Card text that matters is as follows:

Before you play a spell that has the Attack trait, succeed at an Arcane or Divine 12 check or you may not play spells that have the Attack trait.

Before you act, succeed at a Wisdom 12 check or a random character at your location is dealt Combat damage equal to the number of spells that have the Attack trait and weapons in your hand.

When first encountered, she forces the 12 Wisdom check.  If you fail this, you don't get prompted to discard cards equal to the number of Attack spells and weapons.  Instead it moves straight to the combat check and you become unable to use Attack spells.  You don't get a chance to cast a spell to make the Divine/Arcane check.  Encountered her again and tried to change from Wisdom to Arcane or Divine (on Lem), and there is no option, just Wisdom.

On another note, Necklace of Fireballs, which is neither a spell nor a weapon, gets locked out by her as well.  It's an item with the keywords Accessory, Magic, Attack, and Item.  As such, it should still be usable if you fail the Arcane/Divine check of Warcaster type enemies, or if not the wording on the card needs to be changed to state:

For your combat check, banish this card to roll 3d6+12.  This counts as playing a spell.

This would give it the same treatment as Seoni's Arcane Blast power.  Right now it doesn't have that last underlined part, and thus isn't supposed to count as casting a spell.

7 answers to this question

Or they could change the power to read "...before you play a card that has the Attack trait..." and "...or you may not play cards that have the Attack trait".

This has been the usage in the recent card game sets, I think, and Obsidian, implementing the latest rules, might have gotten tripped up by that.

Or they could change the power to read "...before you play a card that has the Attack trait..." and "...or you may not play cards that have the Attack trait".

This has been the usage in the recent card game sets, I think, and Obsidian, implementing the latest rules, might have gotten tripped up by that.

I'd be fine with either option.  Just so long as it's clear.  There's several more bugs I need to write up, if I can remember them.  There were literally like 5 I encountered over the weekend but forgot to post them.

The first check is definitely bugged, most "before you act" checks from enemies seem to be since the last patch and act as if you succeeded without regards to the actual result of the check. Did you not get the opportunity for another Wisdom 12 check when you attempted to cast a spell? If not then this is a bug.

On another note, Necklace of Fireballs, which is neither a spell nor a weapon, gets locked out by her as well.  It's an item with the keywords Accessory, Magic, Attack, and Item.  As such, it should still be usable if you fail the Arcane/Divine check of Warcaster type enemies, or if not the wording on the card needs to be changed to state:

For your combat check, banish this card to roll 3d6+12.  This counts as playing a spell.

This would give it the same treatment as Seoni's Arcane Blast power.  Right now it doesn't have that last underlined part, and thus isn't supposed to count as casting a spell.

Necklace of Fireballs is not a bug, you roll 3d6 + 12 and add the fire trait. Mistress Delvahine is immune to Fire, Electricity and Poison. This also prevents spells such as Scorching Ray and Lightning Bolt from being played, regardless of the result of the Wisdom 12 check to play spells.

Edited by Assussanni
  • Like 1

When encountering Mistress Delvahine I am not able to get a repro on this.

​Are there any other details you can provide? Are you alone at your location with her?

I'll check earlier builds, because maybe the issue has been fixed in later internal builds

When encountering Mistress Delvahine I am not able to get a repro on this.

​Are there any other details you can provide? Are you alone at your location with her?

I'll check earlier builds, because maybe the issue has been fixed in later internal builds

I'm just encountering this bug. It's my first fighting her.

I'm playing Lem. He is alone at her location, at the Iron Cages of Lust.

He succeeded at the Wisdome check, and now cannot play any spells to defeat her. It simply never asks for the Arcane check. All spells are chained and locked.

Any advice?

Happy to provide further details if helpful.