Geography of Eora

Hi forum!

I find there are a lot of location names that aren't always in a clear location in the world.

Whenever I make a new character or adventurers in game I always like to try and create a little back story for where they come from, how they met and why they are adventuring together. This leads to me having parties of characters from a similar geographical area, for instance an Orlan slave from the Vailain republic who an exiled noble paladin of the Darcozzi order helped to escape before coming to Defiance Bay. I mainly use the map in the collectors guidebook and the information on the pillars of eternity Wiki to figure out where each of the starting areas that characters can have are located in relation to one another.

So my question is, where are these places located exactly and is there a clearer map of the land?

I've put in brackets the general direction I believe the areas are in, relative to where the player starts the game.

• Aedyr empire (central)
  • Deadfire archipelago (East)
  • Ixamitl plains (North East)
  • Rauatai (North)
  • The living lands (North)
  • The white that wends (South)
  • Old Vailia (South)

I think I find it confusing because these areas are not all named on the maps. Whereas other titles like Free palatinate of Dyrwood or Raedceres or the Eastern reach are used commonly. How do these different area's relate to one another?

A map including each of these areas labelled would of course be amazing.

Thanks to anyone who can educate me!

So because there's a lot of people trying to make a guess how the world looks, here's one guess made by me a few weeks back.

PS. I assumed that Dunryd will be the capital of Aedyr Empire, since Defiance Bay was once known to be New Dunryd (before the war of defiance).

PS2. The more I ponder about it, I think that Eastern Reach shoulda been bigger, and Ixamitl to be south of the Equator, because it's a savannah region.

post-52304-0-52048600-1485175789_thumb.png

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

So because there's a lot of people trying to make a guess how the world looks, here's one guess made by me a few weeks back.

PS. I assumed that Dunryd will be the capital of Aedyr Empire, since Defiance Bay was once known to be New Dunryd (before the war of defiance).

Awesome map! We can learn more about geography from stronghold adventures too. In the gulf between Dyrwood and Readceras called Ondra's Boot there is small archipelago of Bone Islands with Whiterock Isle and Ondra monastery for example. I believe we can see a piece of it on official map.

Edited by White Phoenix
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the responses!

The maps look great, any word from official Obsidian sources on accuracy of all these maps? As Elric says, an official map of the whole of Eora would be a really cool teaser for POE 2.

Is there any idea of where POE 2 might be set in the world?

Teasers over the last couple of days seem to strongly suggest the Deadfire Archipelago, a set of volcanic islands.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya.

Because of this post (http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/156515213986/congrats-for-a-great-start-to-the-figstarter-its) from Sawyer I did wonder about it and updated my version of the Eora map.

Deadfire Archipelago is most easily reached by traveling south along the Eastern Reach’s coast from the Vailian Republics and Naasitaq is one of the first parts of the archipelago that can be reached that way.  However, Naasitaq is the southernmost end of the archipelago.  Deadfire spans most of the distance between there and the equator.

post-52304-0-45324700-1486033731_thumb.png

• Like 4

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...