Body control talent, priest spell/scroll protection against.... something which includes paralize and petrify. Items such as wayfarer's hide that grants +defense against paralyzed (think work against xaurip auto atack save roll vs paralyze). Other than that, kill them fast or have a good deflection+acuracy hazzard on them (blinds and beyond) so they can't hit.

That's right.

Generally speaking, (besides prayers or litanies) high fortitude helps.

High MIG and high CON lead to high fortitude, Frenzy boosts your fortitude by 16 (Greater Frenzy by 24), Bear's Fortitude by 10 and so on.

I once played a max MIG and max CON barb solo and had no problems with Skirmishers and Lagufaeth.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

thank you both.

My Monk's INT is low and scrolls have very short duration. All talents are needed. Maybe stick to figurines ...

Maxed CON and MIG but still problems on the Path lvl 2. Maybe wait for duality of mortal presence and switch it on for +10 fortitude.

thanks

Torin

Some numbers with my level 7 monk (Defense 53, Fortitude 88) against a Skirmisher:

"Xaurip Skirmisher hit Torin for 3 damage (ACC:57 - Def:53 = 3. Roll 60+3 = 63 Hit)

...and with additional effect (Paralyzed) (ACC:57 - FORT:88 = -31. Roll: 91-31 = 60 Hit)"

Same happens with a graze (range 16-50). To be 100 % save, my defense or fortitude had to be 100 + 57 - 16 = 141. They could never hit or paralyze me with that stellar numbers. 

Of course it's impossible to completely avoid paralysis at this early stage of the game (just like phantoms stun). Your aim is to reduce them as much as possible to avoid perma paralysis and make fights manageable.

PS. Fenwalkers are a nice pair of boots (can be obtained the soonest in Defiance Bay) which increase your defense to paralysis and also reduce its duration

Yes! A very good item. The reduced duration of paralysis is the best part - especially if you only get grazed by the paralysis.

With Blaidh Golan and Fenwalkers you will have reduced affliction durations when stunned, prone and paralyzed. Those are the most common and annoying disables in the game.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The paladin's Zealous Endurance aura helps as well with it's hit>graze conversion. You will probably get paralyzed anyway but you want that to be from a graze not a crit. With decent endurance and DR you can survive getting attacked during a graze. At higher levels you'll be able to push the hits to grazes and the grazes to misses. This is pretty much the defense I had for my Juggernaut Monks.