I hope we'll get to see a very lot more of Eora.

When you take a look at the map, it is so promising !

-RKukgLtskIarWUanWWlGns5pzRSSAwWXXZzdGgU

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Eora

If this, is going to be 3D, I'll be even more disapointed if the Game doesn't feel really Big.

Let's not care about a lot of "Travel time" between Quests blabla... Give us a mount, I wanna visit Eora.

The Size of a Map is only defined by : Lengh x Width x Height, so... What's the matter ? Make it huge, (emphasize around the height ?).

In any case, a ton of Hype & Hopes are happening here :)

Godsidian is working out.

Well, I believe Pillars + White Marches is a pretty big game! As for the sequel, from what it's been teased to us, we believe it'll take palce in the Deadfire Archipelago and maybe the Vailian Republics (the former a copletely new location map-wise).

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

I hope we'll get to see a very lot more of Eora.

When you take a look at the map, it is so promising !

The map you posted is out of date... Here ya go:

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/d/d8/WorldMap.jpg?version=7c5cb8b4c8a5437a32059bb329fb85bc

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Yeah, Thank you, I was looking for that pic, couldn't found it somehow.

It won't be 3D/FPP-TPP. 

Maybe, they could do Pillars II à la Dragon Age : Origins.

(Neverwinter Nights 2, etc)

All it has to do is to "feel" like it's Pillars. Still hope we'll get to visit a lot more of Eora's world.

I would love to see them go crazy with the scale on this one. Since they have the engine polished up from PoE, WM 1&2 and Tyranny, all their pipelines are already established, and the setting is semi-established, I'm guessing they'll be able to do much more with their production time than on the first game.

It won't be 3D/FPP-TPP. 

All it has to do is to "feel" like it's Pillars. Still hope we'll get to visit a lot more of Eora's world.

They don't have the budget for that. The Witcher 3 (which nearly bankrupted CD Prodject Red) only cost them something like 20 to 30 million because they're in Poland. In the US to make the same game, one-for-one, would shot-put the production costs into 70 to 100 million range. Even smaller 3D titles have are either foreign (Spiders games) or done way on the cheap and look it. Assuming they rake in as much from Kickstarter as last time, that's around 4 million. Even assuming they could double that with money out of their own pocket, you're not talking about high production value. At that price range the best you could hope for is to be a janky Dragon Age knockoff, and to be honest even that might setting the bar too high.

PoE with WM wasnt small map. Maybe it feel that way since some levels are undeground or inside buildings.

Dragon Age Orgins wasnt that big, but some dungeons was copy past which is not right direction.

There is difference of big empty map or smaller which is dense.

PoE version 2.0 (better with all feedback collected) is good enought.

Maybe after PoE2, TotN, DOS2 genre will be exploited, and this will be time for swap to different engine, different timeline Vampire Blodlines or something.

It won't be 3D/FPP-TPP. 

They don't have the budget for that. The Witcher 3 (which nearly bankrupted CD Prodject Red) only cost them something like 20 to 30 million because they're in Poland. In the US to make the same game, one-for-one, would shot-put the production costs into 70 to 100 million range. Even smaller 3D titles have are either foreign (Spiders games) or done way on the cheap and look it. Assuming they rake in as much from Kickstarter as last time, that's around 4 million. Even assuming they could double that with money out of their own pocket, you're not talking about high production value. At that price range the best you could hope for is to be a janky Dragon Age knockoff, and to be honest even that might setting the bar too high.

To be fair, Witcher 3 cost around 75,000,000 us dollars not just 20-30.

But yeah, 4 mil compared to 75 mil is nothing, although I believe they're gonna have a larger budget this time, especially if Paradox is involved again.

From a tease by Josh Sawyer (the Testacles shot) I think it seemed a lot like the 1st one. No 3D environment.

They don't have the budget for that. The Witcher 3 (which nearly bankrupted CD Prodject Red)

Seriously ? Ok I didn't know they went on bankrupt....

Still.... Godsidian, their own ip....

ça laisse rêveur... (up to you to translate :p)

EDIT : Good story & a world, is all we ask for in the end.

Edited by DexGames

They don't have the budget for that. The Witcher 3 (which nearly bankrupted CD Prodject Red)

Seriously ? Ok I didn't know they went on bankrupt....

Still.... Godsidian, their own ip....

ça laisse rêveur... (up to you to translate :p)

Almost went bankrupt. In fact, during the development of each of the three games the company almost went belly-up. The Polish government has been giving them financial aid, ah, I mean 'grants' for years.

Beautiful hand-painted 2D backgrounds are a big <cough> pillar of the series' identity. No way they'll change that.

They'll change it when/if ever they'll get the budget to make Skyrim of Eternity.

Given what Feargus shared as his dreams and hopes a few years earlier (source needed), I have the feeling you maybe quite right about this assumption of yours. Although I prefer the isometric approach for party-based CRPGs, I wouldn't turn down a PoE 3D game similar to, say, Skyrim, but it will be another kind of bag of fun, then. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

PoE should stick to his isometric roots. There is plenty enough of 3D openworld borefests released each year and only handful of isometric games.

• Like 9

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Also, even the (genuine or forced) detractors of the game had to praise the amazing isometric graphics of PoE.

I don't see why they would change the only aspect of the game that was universally acclaimed.

The 2D backgrounds and the art direction in general were totally on point, and I'm expecting no less from PoE2, PoE3, PoE4... ;)

If they want to realize something innovative in the series, they have a lot of options: changing the battle mechanics, creating original narrative elements, improving customization and especially moddability... switching to 3D would be the last (and IMO worst) choice of all.

• Like 2

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

Once we're done with the Watcher's story, I'd like them to take a crack at doing Storm of Zehir right.

There was a ton of cool stuff there, mostly let down by the engine: the awful combat and the extremely frequent and tedious loading times. The combat part is already sorted, loading times could be fixed by engine improvements and clever level design, and they could go hog-wild with a fully party-based open-world design with economy mechanics and quests all over the place.

• Like 2

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Once we're done with the Watcher's story, I'd like them to take a crack at doing Storm of Zehir right.

There was a ton of cool stuff there, mostly let down by the engine: the awful combat and the extremely frequent and tedious loading times. The combat part is already sorted, loading times could be fixed by engine improvements and clever level design, and they could go hog-wild with a fully party-based open-world design with economy mechanics and quests all over the place.

Now that they have their own IP (and much better than Faerun imho), after Watcher story is concluded, I'd rather see other sorts of games in Eora. A Storm of Zehir style game would be great. A dungeon crawler with not much bla-bla and branching choices, focused on exploring dungeon(s) would be geat too for me. And whatever other "spin-offs" they come out with :)

Of course I woundn't object if they'd rather make a Pillars 3, but the world offers so much...

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

Also, something else about the Pillars 1 world map. Taken we'll be exploring the Vailian Republics in the sequel, I'd like to see the game start in the Pearl Coast, a place the Watcher didn't got the chance to explore - conclude our exploration with Dyrwood and Eir Glanfath and onwards to the new areas :)

I can't help but compare Vailian Republics to Amn from BG2, they sound kinda similar being all merchant-y and all. It seems like a nice place to start a sequel - to get a ship to sail south to the Deadfire Archipelago. If that's where the main game will take place, that is.

Btw, is there a map somewhere of the whole world of Eora? With all the continents and islands?

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

I can't help but compare Vailian Republics to Amn from BG2, they sound kinda similar being all merchant-y and all. It seems like a nice place to start a sequel - to get a ship to sail south to the Deadfire Archipelago. If that's where the main game will take place, that is.

Btw, is there a map somewhere of the whole world of Eora? With all the continents and islands?

Not sure if we will get whole map any time soon. As long as there is no horizon there will always be place for another continent for another sequel

Not sure if we will get whole map any time soon. As long as there is no horizon there will always be place for another continent for another sequel

Well we could get at least a "half" world map containing the places we already know from game lore: Aedyr, Living Lands, Rauatai, Ixamitl, Raedceras, Dyrwood, Eir Glanfath, White March, Vailian Republics, Old Vailia, Deadfire Archipelago, White that Wends - quite a few, no? It would be nice. WoW had a world map in vanilla. It didn't stop Blizzard from adding stuff in the expansions...

After seeing that Campaign Launch Trailer, I must say... this is kinda 3D lol. 

It seems that we have the possibility to Zoom In really close, like on the Fire Godlike in the Trailer.

1485528510-2.png

Looks Beautiful !  I'd be pleased to be able to look at my Party this close.

Someone pointed the fact that Aloth flips his Grimoire close when he casts spells, thats some cool detail.

Other than that the World looks nice, I wonder what Camera Modes we'll get.