3 teaser images - Eder, Aloth, Pallegina in PoE 2?

Something fishy is comming.

If Deadfire archipelago is area of new game, then Rutuai kingdom trying to bring culture and civilization to this savage land could be possible.

Funny thing we know Ruatai mostly from Kana worlds, but our scholar could be a bit biased.

• Like 1

This! https://www.instagram.com/p/BJbB6FLAb7Y/?hl=en

And also this, coming directly from the pdf he used for his Code Europe talk and kindly shared with his twitter followers: attachicon.gifSchermata 2017-01-21 alle 19.14.30.png

Oh, and by the way: won't you all look at Obsidian's new homepage... Looks like we're dealing with a brand new corsair-type of character here!

Also look at this Josh Sawyer's presentation picture:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58877228/Code_Europe_2016_Game_Programmers.pdf

New Eder (and Pallegina?) picture with him standing on a ship with mast on the background.

The other character semi-hidden in the picture doesn't quite look like our Pally, though: if you look closely enough, you can see what seem to be some strings of white hair waving around :p

And also this, coming directly from the pdf he used for his Code Europe talk and kindly shared with his twitter followers: attachicon.gifSchermata 2017-01-21 alle 19.14.30.png

Oh, and by the way: won't you all look at Obsidian's new homepage... Looks like we're dealing with a brand new corsair-type of character here!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58877228/Code_Europe_2016_Game_Programmers.pdf

New Eder (and Pallegina?) picture with him standing on a ship with mast on the background.

The other character semi-hidden in the picture doesn't quite look like our Pally, though: if you look closely enough, you can see what seem to be some strings of white hair waving around :p

I mean the right most picture with Pallegina, but I'm not sure, perhaps it's the old one. The character on the same picture with Eder does seem like a new one. A female monk or a mage?

Edit: Yea, found it:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80868-new-pillars-of-eternity-art-wallpaper/

Pallegina's picture is old. The only new one is the one with Eder and some unknown female.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

Also if you look really close at the hand holding the pistol, with blue skin and visible fingernails (so not a glove). My money is on a Pale Elf companion :D

• Like 9

Also if you look really close at the hand holding the pistol, with blue skin and visible fingernails (so not a glove). My money is on a Pale Elf companion :D

Good call. Had to zoom in real close to see the hand. Definitely blue and hair is white. So yea, female pale elf confirmed.

• Like 4

Couldn't he/she be the new companion hinted with the last teaser? An aumaua pirate (blue skin) holding a pistol would perfectly fit.

Maybe one of Kana's relatives as well?

I dunno, can aumaua have white hair? And small as that picture is it clearly shows someone of human or elf size, not big framed aumaua. And besides that, it can't be Kana's relative - he's an island aumaua who have yellow/brown skin, blue skinned aumaua are coastal aumaua, different subspecies.

Edited by Aramintai

Couldn't he/she be the new companion hinted with the last teaser? An aumaua pirate (blue skin) holding a pistol would perfectly fit.

I dunno, can aumaua have white hair? And small as that picture is it clearly shows someone of human or elf size, not big framed aumaua. And besides that, it can't be Kana's relative - he's an island aumaua who have yellow/brown skin, blue skinned aumaua are coastal aumaua, different subspecies.
Couldnt he have one Coastal parent and one Island Aumaua parent? Perhaps they are half siblings? We just don't know enough, IMHO, about Amaua, or Kana's family (IIRC) to be sure. I don't think it will be Kana, but who knows? I love the guy, and it wouldn't bum me out to have him return too. Edited by Ganrich

I've just tried to create a couple of Aumaua characters: one coastal and one island, and both sub-races could have a bluish skin with white hair. 

About the body itself yeah, you may be right, it's quite hard to tell proportions by the artwork alone. However, he/she doesn't look so small if you consider that he/she is in the background and the hand holding the pistol is bigger than the hand in the foreground.

Clearly we are just speculating at this point ;)

Edited by SkySlam
  • Like 1

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

personally love the love interest in Baldur's Gate. So why not in PoE2?

Let's not go down that rabbit hole again :p

Imo, Edér, Aloth, and Pallegina are the three characters from PoE who, based on their personal quests and stories, make the most sense as potential comebacks in PoE 2—and I think it's a good idea to have a mix of familiar faces/fan favorites and new characters. Some of the characters in PoE were fun, but they told whatever story they had to tell and that's it; we need something fresh. Then again, it's good to bring back some characters from PoE to establish a sense of familiarity and consolidate them as known personalities in the lore of the setting.

Yes i agree with this. I mentioned i don't mind 1-2. But 3 are too many. They can bring them back but not necessary they must join you as companion. Everyone would like their favorite character to return as playable character too. If that's the case might as well bring back the whole team and add another 1-2 new characters? If that's the case we don't need PoE2. DLC3 sounds more like it. I personally like more new characters than bringing back old ones and adding new story to existing ones. Of course this is personal preference.

Edited by Archaven

It seems like yesterday and today's teasers are somehow intertwined. They could be introducing two new companions, yes, but what if the characters speaking also represented something bigger, like a faction or, in this specific case, their countries: Rauatai and Old Vailia? And what if their quotes referred to their homelands' views about the planned conquest of the Deadfire Archipelago? *Shifty, speculating eyes*.

Edited by Barbedbeat
  • Like 2

Yes i agree with this. I mentioned i don't mind 1-2. But 3 are too many. They can bring them back but not necessary they must join you as companion.

Tbh I don't think it would make much sense to bring an old companion back if not to join you. All companions in PoE had ending slides that placed them somewhere more or less steadily and with compelling reasons to stick there; IIRC, none of them were said to keep on adventuring with or without the Watcher. It would be rather weird if they suddenly moved to the other side of Eora and were kind of involved with the Watcher but not enough to actually follow them around like in the days of old. It would feel like misplaced, gratuitous fan service to me.

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

There was repetive feedback of factions not being big deal and time to change that in PoE1. And OE reads that feedback and implement it (or they have very similar perception to players on forum).

It is likly that there will be faction fighting over Deadfire Archipelago,

• Like 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLtt11cAKFc/?taken-by=jesawyer1975&hl=en

(If you look closely, you'll see the file's name is "poe2_world_map")

As I look at the large-ish island on PoE2 map, all that comes to mind is:

Weigh Anchor! Set sail for Captain A-Hole island!

Whatever it eventually gets called, we must never forget that island started off with a pretty awesome name. ;)

• Like 2

Maybe the new "stronghold" is an island like Nassau(new providence) rather than a ship. Maybe both. Himnn...

The latest teaser images suggest that the game's gonna take place in and around Vailia and the Deadfire Archipelago.

Vailia consists of the new Vailian merchant republics and the imperial remnants of Old Vailia. The Deadfire Archipelago are a bunch of pirate infested islands, but PoE's character creator included Naasitaq in its description of Deadfire.

Point is, there are a lot of different cultures around. So if we do get our own little island Kingdom Stronghold, I'd like to be able to build buildings that reflect the different cultural styles of the area.

Because making the Stronghold look pretty is far more important than having it be functional.

Not sure I want all the companions back - even the ones I liked.

Sagani, even though I liked her a lot should be home with her family. It would be tough to justify her appearing in the story.

Grieving mother was also rather heavily tied into the story, so much so that her story ended with the first game.

Durance also got wacked with a major body blow, pretty sure unless this story comes with a slice of revenge against Magran he'd probably pass.

Kana also seemed more like to head home and lecture everyone on his findings.

Hiravious is a wanderer so who knows.

The most likely, and the easiest to justify with what little we know about the setting/story seems to be: Aloth, Eder, Pellagina and oddly enough Maneha looks like a good fit. Other than that I'd be happy to have new companions, though it would be nice if there is some reference to the others.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

The latest teaser images suggest that the game's gonna take place in and around Vailia and the Deadfire Archipelago.

The one before that suggested Rauatai, we're not assuming the game's gonna take place there :D And the one before that was again related to Vailia.

I think we'll start in Vailia(maybe in Revua /Josh was at that location less than a year ago on Twitter) and board a ship to Deadfire Arc. where most of the **** will go down. And the factions(or maybe companions) from the last two images are simply sent there from their motherlands since Deadfire Arc. seems to be contested. Wildly guessing.

• Like 2