Why call it Project Louisiana if it's Pillars 2?

The people at Obsidian aren't idiots so they probably know the whole Fallout:New Orleans thing? So why call Pillars 2 Project Louisiana? That makes no sense. Who knows maybe there just messing with us and will release Fallout:New Orleans I CAN DREAM CAN'T I. But still why call it Project Louisiana with all the rumors surrounding Fallout:New Orleans?

post-168855-0-24064200-1484866426_thumb.png

The people at Obsidian aren't idiots so they probably know the whole Fallout:New Orleans thing? So why call Pillars 2 Project Louisiana? That makes no sense. Who knows maybe there just messing with us and will release Fallout:New Orleans I CAN DREAM CAN'T I. But still why call it Project Louisiana with all the rumors surrounding Fallout:New Orleans?

All Obsidian games have state code names. That this one happened to be Lousiana and play into people's fantasies about a Fallout: New Orleans (egged on by Chris Avellone!) is just a weird and amusing coincidence.

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 2

As Infinitron said. If I remember correctly, Knights of the Old Republic 2 used to be "Project Delaware"?

Edit to add: Which in the past lead to many funny suggestions what to do when running out of US States. Annexing Canada was one option ;)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Fallout Louisiana was just that: rumors. Someone saw some papers or whatever with the word "Lousiana" on them and assumed it was a new Fallout game then spread the word in the internet and... we all know how things work in there (here). But we had nothing to point us that such a project was underway. For Pillars 2, on the other hand, we had loads of hints. Devs talked about it, they teased it and so on.

Edited by Sedrefilos

Obsidian should just make a game in New Orleans and call it Project Louisiana. Just to **** with us.

Wait, so you mean the title of the finished game would be Project Louisiana but they would still have this other game whose codename during development would Lousiana?

My head hurts....

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Obsidian uses the U.S. states (by order of statehood) to determine their code names. 18th project, therefore Project Louisiana

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."