Will spell-tongue increase the duration of all buffs on a character indefinitely? I am wondering if I can go for a warrior build where I dump int but grab the good self buffs and angio's gambeson and just get infinite duration on those +20 defenses, +20 accuracy, and triggered immunity from zero recovery attacks. Does the weapon work this way or am I missing something?

Theoretically it works this way. In practice you won't be fast enough to prolog your buffs endlessly with a fighter - well, it might work with dual wielding and a second weapon with the speed enchantment and Two Weapon Style plus high DEX. It's more easy to do this with a barb, because he hits multiple targets via carnage.

A fighter can't do it that easily. It works best if you hit foes that have active buffs, then you'll steal more time for your own buffs, but if you hit generic mobs you will most likely not gain endless durations.

So: you will extend your durations, but maybe not endlessly with a fighter.

If you want you can read my Leech barbarian build for information around Spelltongue. I described how it works in combination with the barb's self buffs. Pretty sure you can siphon some knowledge for your fighter.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I tried a Rogue with Spelltongue once to see if she could get indefinite invisibility from Feign Death. It works on some fights (you can easily solo Thaos with that combo), but for most of them, it just doesn't last long enough.

Though now I'm wondering if you could intentionally put a weak buff on an enemy to benefit from the effect. Offhand, I can't remember any buffs that work on foes, though.

Time siphon does not stack in quality, but in quantity - meaning that you will only get +15% attack speed (but this 15% stack with any other speed buff except itself) but the more often you hit the longer the duration will get.

With a barb for example you will have 120+ seconds after a few attacks and then you could switch to another weapon setup and use the speed buff for those 120 secs.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Theoretically it works this way. In practice you won't be fast enough to prolog your buffs endlessly with a fighter - well, it might work with dual wielding and a second weapon with the speed enchantment and Two Weapon Style plus high DEX. It's more easy to do this with a barb, because he hits multiple targets via carnage.

A fighter can't do it that easily. It works best if you hit foes that have active buffs, then you'll steal more time for your own buffs, but if you hit generic mobs you will most likely not gain endless durations.

So: you will extend your durations, but maybe not endlessly with a fighter.

If you want you can read my Leech barbarian build for information around Spelltongue. I described how it works in combination with the barb's self buffs. Pretty sure you can siphon some knowledge for your fighter.

With 100% attack speed reduction using sword + shield mechanics make it work?