Symbols & Spoilers(?) [Web Shenanigans]

Ok, this much seems clear:

-The Project LA site, changes daily at 1PM EST, 10AM PST.

-The following eight glyphs displayed in the following order.

UywVgGOl.jpg

Original, non colored: http://i.imgur.com/EOoVmJ7l.jpg

To consolidate some other info in the thread:

- The glyphs might just spell Deadfire (a pirate-infested archipelago in Pillars)

- The following wave image accompanied the fifth image:

52de6d30827e295e90c3af57a69b99870812a46f

- Josh Sawyer's humorous instagram drawing of an island.

- Josh Sawyer has been "counting down" on twitter by posting specific youtube videos.

- The 22 January teaser hinted "26.", which seems to indicate that something may be revealed on the 26th, which is the day after the final teaser image gets displayed.

- The 23 January teaser hinted "10.", which may possibly be the hour of the day for some announcement.  All updates have been at 10 AM PST.

- The 24 January teaser hinted "PST.", which pretty much confirms that a thing will happen 10 AM PST on the 26th.

- The 25 January teaser hinted "Tomorrow.   10:00AM PST.   Return."  That really isn't much of a hint.  Check out the site tomorrow to see how close community speculation was.

- The 25 January site introduces a countdown clock on the bottom of the page.  It seems to use local time to calculate the timer, so it is likely only accurate if you live in the PST time zone.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 11

^ It does, but not all symbols are there.

A ... E ... ... EF ...

EDIT:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHM_7tmAN4l/?taken-by=jesawyer1975

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFrXir9px4P/?taken-by=jesawyer1975

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Mix of vailian, aedyran, engwithan and huana letters. I'm curious if they are associated with POE2 companions. There are 8 letters at all.

Each letter also has a specific background color.  Today's is green.  But there are eight separate background colors.

Nothing special about the purple glyph.  It just is paired off with a purple background.  

Ethis Gradient: Assuming you're correct, the order the letters reveal is not necessarily the order they're arranged in, right?

Hmmm... ADRIFT? What about the E's though...

I'm assuming nothing about my correctness :)

However, the order I presented the glyphs (left to right, left to right) is the same order I found the images while poking around. And today's background image and glyph line up with the first of each sequence.

I presume that it may be the reveal order, based only on a hunch that it would be easier to display them by sequence than have the java script hop around.  I'll double-check for any additional evidence to support these assertions.

• Like 1

Deadfire Archipelago

This southern region is still a frontier in many respects. Aumaua settlements and pirate-infested islands are often as inaccessible as they are lawless. Those who call the Deadfire home are necessarily hardened survivors, accustomed to extreme climates and cultural variation. Boreal dwarves, aumaua, and a mixed variety of other races populate the islands in unknowable masses. Many consider the Deadfire the last frontier on Eora, since the waters beyond swarm with deadly monsters that have halted even the most determined expeditions.

All Stop. On Screen.

It's probably Huana "t". With that we have two Engwithan letters (d,r), two Vailian (a,e), two Eadyran (e,f) and two Huana (i,t)

But since Huana doesn't seem to have a "d" they maybe replace them with their "t" so "Dea(t)fire" could be very likely.

Edited by LordFey
  • Like 1

That would, however, imply the letters in the countdown aren't in the correct order (which is perfectly possible, mind you; just pointing it out.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's also interesting to point out, that the base game of Pillars had 8 companions. We have 8 symbols and one of the symbol is already seen with a quote from Eder.

The emblem and quote seems hard-coded for now.  

We'll have to wait until tomorrow (or next week) to see if that changes along with the glyph and background.

• Like 1